What Happened (2 stories)...

D M G

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

so many stories we don't hear the outcome, if only we had investigative journalism here

A lot of it stems from the fact that court hearings are private, no public gallery. I bet a fly on the wall would have a lot of tales to tell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobandyson said:

I was told many years ago that a life in Thailand is only worth the price of a bullet.

Years ago, a fellow named Howard? worked as a British counsel and later worked in the local press. 
Some sensitive stories he admitted he was reluctant to touch for personal safety reasons. 

Just now, LarrySR said:

Years ago, a fellow named Howard? worked as a British counsel and later worked in the local press. 
Some sensitive stories he admitted he was reluctant to touch for personal safety reasons. 

If you're talking about the one I'm thinking about, he was on the tourist police as well and owned PattayaOne news. You can see him in a few eps of that show Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand which didn't last for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LarrySR said:

The other way round if I recall correctly... he had a media group, with news reports for a long time and later got the honorary consul for a spell. Did a quick exit 4 or so years ago back to UK. He was a nice enough guy. (Howard Miller). Also was a Tourist Police Volunteer and on Walking St at night.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

The other way round if I recall correctly... he had a media group, with news reports for a long time and later got the honorary consul for a spell. Did a quick exit 4 or so years ago back to UK. He was a nice enough guy. (Howard Miller). Also was a Tourist Police Volunteer and on Walking St at night.

Yes he seems to have made a total exit from here and doesn't appear on any local media that I have seen. 

Unlike many contributors on here, whose observations are of course valuable and appreciated. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I dont think the life span of an investigative journalist would be that long.

Similarly any auditor who has found evidence of fraud and intends to disclose his findings, The 1999 murder of Australian auditor, Michael Wansley, was a sad case in point.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30254847

On 11/1/2021 at 4:29 AM, D M G said:

Jo Ferrari

&

Police Raid Mansion in Pattaya (May 2021)

No updates?

There was a Joe Ferrari and his gang update this week.  You have to realise that there are more news sources than Thaivisa which just aggregates articles from the original publishers.  Bangkok Post is worth reading in addition to AN/TV.

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Lives have the same value in Europe, UK, US and the rest of he world also.

Sure, but with such a corrupt police department and judicial system in Thailand, the consequences for talking a life with a bullet here is vastly different to many other countries.  

16 hours ago, Leaver said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Lives have the same value in Europe, UK, US and the rest of he world also.

Sure, but with such a corrupt police department and judicial system in Thailand, the consequences for talking a life with a bullet here is vastly different to many other countries.  

I made no comment about that, only his "cost of a bullet" garbage!

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I made no comment about that, only his "cost of a bullet" garbage!

Fair play.  

There have been reports over the years that the going price of a life here is 1 million baht to the surviving Thai family, and an unknown amount to the police, to have charges disappear.

I doubt that would be the case in high profile and premeditated murder cases, but for driving drunk and killing someone, or assaulting them and they die, the price of life in Thailand is around 1 million baht.  

Everything has a price in Thailand, even justice.