Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

24 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

No hardship at all but hotel was poor. Still for less than 5,000 Baht for taxi, covid test, room and 2 meals it was fair. 

Can you share which hotel?  For just a few hours, I (and I'm sure many here) want the cheapest possible one, and under 5k for the whole package is great...

Also, did you arrive using COE or TP?

Edited by Sandboxer

1 minute ago, raptorea said:

Am I missing something I got a Thai visa non o issued before applying for the Thailand pass but I don’t see anywhere to upload my non o visa ?

Their not interested in your visa to obtain a TP, no need to upload. 

4 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Am I missing something I got a Thai visa non o issued before applying for the Thailand pass but I don’t see anywhere to upload my non o visa ?? Do I just show to immigration and they stamp my passport with the non o at the airport?

TP does not require a visa upload.

1 minute ago, bolt said:

I was reading this morning that any application less than 48 hours will be rejected, has anyone tried less than 48?

I hear people say they got QR code within mintues of applying 

Sure, but perhaps they were applying for dates longer than 2 days and just got lucky...................

47 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

I fear your poor sailboat is about to experience a severe lack of wind if you're like most of the rest of us^^

Nah!  I have every confidence in the IT expertise of the home of the worlds IT hub!   I state that in the full knowledge that having just checked the QR Code on my Vaccination Certificate and in spite of providing a copy of my Passport Page which states i am British, they have managed to make me an American.   My friend who is an American is know a Thai National!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

My friend who is an American is know a Thai National!!

He is lucky normally costs......

Once you renounce your US citizenship, you will no longer have to pay US taxes. However, the US government does charge a fee of $2,350 to relinquish citizenship 

Seriously a thread advising how to obtain a TP and help with issues has now reached 50 pages in One week.

To think that these questions etc are coming from often IT savy folk just shows how's messed up and difficult it is.

I read posts of "being incognito mode" using "edge instead of chrome" etc etc.

How does the run of the mill punter plan a trip to Thailand.

Absolute joke. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

I was reading this morning that any application less than 48 hours will be rejected, has anyone tried less than 48?

I hear people say they got QR code within mintues of applying 

It is not possible to say anything about the TP system which is 100% true, as it appears to be work in progress, and something that worked yesterday may not work the same way today. They seem to be tweaking the system all the time in the background, without any announcements about what they are actually changing.

I have 2 QR codes, one issued instantly, the other had to wait 5 days for it.

I just spotted this on FB...not sure what the source is and if its true or not....some improvements in progress:

* they are working with Microsoft to sort out the hotmail issues

* The QR codes will be issued in 3 days instead of 7

* They are working on the option of online checking of the application status - I guess similar to the old CoE?

Treat it as a rumour.

• Like 1

Yes,I got my Thailand Pass, 2 already,one they rejected,something about insurance,dont know what happend in that application,  I do 2 application 1 of November with hotmail,and two more 2 of November by using gmail,they answer me saturday,4 days,I was little worried my flight is 11 of November.Peoples from EU,you can put 2/2 certificate with both parts 1 and second dose and same QR code and I was using my own country health insurance with covers Covid- 19 too with no upper limit,but I ask them to put there at least 100000 dollars and I got my Thailand pass,just be patient,pass will come.

UPDATE

finally received test and go Qr code

After speaking on the phone with them was told 

Gmail is the easiest for them to receive and respond to, had all ready applied for test and go using Gmail so they said to send email to them.

[email protected] 

this is the email I sent to, sending all documents again and included name, passport number, date of birth and date of arrival. 

about 1 hour later received QR code

• Like 2

I think it is running much smoother, but a friendly nudge might help: 

I just emailed the support tp consular email address and they emailed back my approved Thai pass QR within minutes... So I would recommend giving them a friendly nudge.

A few pointers from my experience: 

- I used NHS vaccine pass (make sure it has not expired, and used the most recently generated one, I sent full pass and cropped qr codes)
- I used hotel's booking confirmation pdf (to jpg) that they emailed to me, but I'm sure the pdf receipt on agoda is fine... 
- I submitted about 4 different applications, they used the most recent one to approve. 
- I fly on 11th Nov

Sorry to all those who had to change/cancel their flights, hope it's running much better now.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rem888 said:

Would you mind posting exactly what you did on the inputs? I am from the UK and want to be sure I haven`t done something that is causing a problem (particularly regarding the NHS Covid Pass

Hi Rem888 I am using the none quarantine option. I did include variations with my passport no. (Space before/after) due to multiple failed attempts previously and I used incognito mode on my android. I uploaded my two vaccine docs, used zoomed in vaccine QR codes for where it requests this (on one application not the other), Uploaded the 50,000 insurance and proof of hotel test and go package. I've actually had a second pass come through today. At present neither work in the Mor Chana app, but when I scan the QR code with Google lens I reach the 'pass valid' page. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Phewthailandpass said:

Hi Rem888 I am using the none quarantine option. I did include variations with my passport no. (Space before/after) due to multiple failed attempts previously and I used incognito mode on my android. I uploaded my two vaccine docs, used zoomed in vaccine QR codes for where it requests this (on one application not the other), Uploaded the 50,000 insurance and proof of hotel test and go package. I've actually had a second pass come through today. At present neither work in the Mor Chana app, but when I scan the QR code with Google lens I reach the 'pass valid' page. Good luck!

mine is the same think its down to the app, even when type details into the app it doesnt work

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

It is not possible to say anything about the TP system which is 100% true, as it appears to be work in progress, and something that worked yesterday may not work the same way today. They seem to be tweaking the system all the time in the background, without any announcements about what they are actually changing.

I have 2 QR codes, one issued instantly, the other had to wait 5 days for it.

I just spotted this on FB...not sure what the source is and if its true or not....some improvements in progress:

* they are working with Microsoft to sort out the hotmail issues

* The QR codes will be issued in 3 days instead of 7

* They are working on the option of online checking of the application status - I guess similar to the old CoE?

Treat it as a rumour.

I confirm that the microsoft issue-hotmail-outlook- is probably solved as I received yesterday evening my Thailand pass on my outlook email whiwh I used to apply first 6 days ago

42 minutes ago, abrise said:

I confirm that the microsoft issue-hotmail-outlook- is probably solved as I received yesterday evening my Thailand pass on my outlook email whiwh I used to apply first 6 days ago

what date are you travelling? 

1 hour ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

I think it is running much smoother, but a friendly nudge might help: 

I just emailed the support tp consular email address and they emailed back my approved Thai pass QR within minutes... So I would recommend giving them a friendly nudge.

A few pointers from my experience: 

- I used NHS vaccine pass (make sure it has not expired, and used the most recently generated one, I sent full pass and cropped qr codes)
- I used hotel's booking confirmation pdf (to jpg) that they emailed to me, but I'm sure the pdf receipt on agoda is fine... 
- I submitted about 4 different applications, they used the most recent one to approve. 
- I fly on 11th Nov

Sorry to all those who had to change/cancel their flights, hope it's running much better now.. 

My QR code expires on 6th Dec and I'm travelling on 19th Dec, so when uploading the 2 vaccine certificates, are you saying crop out the QR code and just send everything else ? What about passport number ? or is that not required ?

As per below (with name and DOB of course)

image.png.4996b52d0c0bc17fd15f3ff1b9592974.png

Edited by Chelseafan

41 minutes ago, abrise said:
4 hours ago, gearbox said:

Hey, that's a big step in the right direction!.. Maybe (just maybe) the folk at the T/P site ARE recognising these numerous faults & ARE working to rectify them.

26 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

so when uploading the 2 vaccine certificates, are you saying crop out the QR code and just send everything else ?

No, he's saying upload the certificate and also crop just the QR and upload that to the relevant area.

• Like 1