Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

I got my "exemption from quarantine" Thailand Pass QR code.

I had submitted my application on the morning of the 4th and received it at 1:15pm Monday (Thailand times), so just over 4 days.

Some details on my application:

I had no vaccine QR code.

I had booked the SHA+ hotel directly (all done through a Line chat with the hotel!)

I bought my insurance directly.

I leave in two days. I don't know if that influenced the processing time.

Good luck to all who are still waiting. It was a relief to wake up and see the approval email.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChC1 said:

I want you to read the page when you first sign in to apply Thailand Pass, you have to click that you have read and acknowledged, understood the information provided by Thai government regarding Thailand Pass. The page is: Thailand Pass Registration System (for air travel only) (consular.go.th)

Everyone has to read that page before start applying. So in this page, it clearly outlined as below:

6. For the Alternaitve Quarantine scheme:

6.1 I shall undertake two RT-PCR tests as required by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

6.2 I am aware that I must stay at my reserved accommodation only and shall strictly comply with all public health measures during my stay in the Alternative Quarantine for 10 days.

6.3 Should I stay in the Alternative Quarantine less than 10 days, I will not leave Alternaitve Quarantine unless for the sole purpose of travelling out of Thailand.

6.4 Once I have stayed in the Alternaitve Quarantine for more than 10 days, I am permitted to travel to other provinces in Thailand.

I certify that all the information declared above is true to my knowledge and give consent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand to collect my personal information in order to coordinate with the concerned agencies for the purpose of screening and facilitating my travel to Thailand.

I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them, and shall comply with the provisions under relevant Regulations issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) and any other disease prevention measures prescribed by the Government of Thailand, acknowledging that failure of such compliance may lead to consequences and penalties under the laws and regulations of Thailand.

You have signed the declaration (A VERY LEGAL DOCUMENT) that you will follow the rule before applying. You made it clear to Thailand government that once you applied AQ, you will follow the AQ procurement outlined in this agreement between you and Thailand government. You also acknowledged that failure of such compliance may lead to consequences and penalties under the laws and regulations of Thailand. 

So please think twice before you decide to commit AQ fraud or preaching others to do the same. It is evidently many people here do not read this page when they sign up to Thailand Pass and do not understand the meaning of fraud. And some here do not understand there is consequences even though Thailand government told you in black and white language it has consequences and penalties if you do not keep your side of bargain.

Several people here are now in transit using this method so let’s see how they fare. 

Edited by Rimmer
Pesrsonal attack removed
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

I got my "exemption from quarantine" Thailand Pass QR code.

I had submitted my application on the morning of the 4th and received it at 1:15pm Monday (Thailand times), so just over 4 days.

Some details on my application:

I had no vaccine QR code.

I had booked the SHA+ hotel directly (all done through a Line chat with the hotel!)

I bought my insurance directly.

I leave in two days. I don't know if that influenced the processing time.

Good luck to all who are still waiting. It was a relief to wake up and see the approval email.

From my previous 3 COE’S the time taken getting approval was influenced by the arrival date in LOS, so it can be done quicker than 7 days, but how quick, less than 48 hours is tight, my COE were 48hours for two of them.

I’m fairly confident the hotel can change the date, but NO refund

The flight can be changed also.

I’m not sure my date it could be 15-16 or 20-21 or 24 -25

I have insurance from previous trips so flight and hotel only.

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

The hotel was OK (nothing more). Good size and clean room. Arrival 08:15am. Immediate PCR test. In room by 08:30am. PCR test results at 3pm. Check-out by 11:00am next morning.

at the airport, did they check all documents you sent to get TP ?  or just the TP and AQ hotel ?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thailand Pass is not a Visa !!! 

Applying with the correct documents for test & go option & selecting the 1 night dates etc via AQ option is not fraudulent, there is no fake submission ! 

Some people are so wooden I now understand why they suffer so much with any bureaucratic hiccup! 

your bang on the money.

the OP is entitled to his or her own opinion however making such out there statements based on a lack of knowledge of what a fraud actually is will be embarrassing to say the least 

anyway back on point, plan b is looking like just that, Plan A seems to be coming good for lots of people 

• Like 1

Spent an awful lot of time reading through this thread, so long that I've gone a bit loopy and forgot the basics. Can someone confirm what I should have ticked on this box if I've booked a one day quarantine package on Agoda.  Pretty sure I did everything correct and just want some validation.

Thailand Pass Re (1).png

15 minutes ago, Aero992 said:

Spent an awful lot of time reading through this thread, so long that I've gone a bit loopy and forgot the basics. Can someone confirm what I should have ticked on this box if I've booked a one day quarantine package on Agoda.  Pretty sure I did everything correct and just want some validation.

Thailand Pass Re (1).png

If you booked an AQ hotel with everything included then select Alternative Quarantine. If it was an SHA+ hotel where you had to pay for transfer and test as extras then select SHA+

Edited by DavidMS
  • Like 1

Thanks, that's what I did. Can stop second guessing myself now. Flight isn't for a while so plenty of time to wait for a response. The entire process probably took 2.5 hours including booking a hotel, insurance and converting JPG files. 

Edited by Aero992

15 hours ago, wasabi said:

Were you rejected immediately or did it take them a few days to tell you this?

My Monday registration was not responded to, despite email acknowledgement on the day.  I re registered Friday, received immediate email acknowledgement and was then advised Sunday of rejection.  I suspect all of this is departure date driven, as I was booked to leave UK 10th.  

On 11/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, Pirate65 said:

Same for me. When I heard that passes were being issued for flight dates well past mine I really felt that I was lost in the system. Support@ replied within the hour with the Pass. Nice to know that I’m not alone in the misery of the last week. I have said sorry to the cat !

I must be on the wrong side of luck...no QR code after I applied six days ago...no email from the @support and of course...still no QR code following my email of enquiry

1 hour ago, mauroest said:

at the airport, did they check all documents you sent to get TP ?  or just the TP and AQ hotel ?

They either collect the printed TP or scan/take a photo of the TP on your phone (not sure what exactly they did, either scanned or just photographed)

They also want to see the PCR test. 

They didn’t want to see the hotel booking and insurance. 

When you go out after picking up your baggage people will wait and ask you what hotel you booked and bring you to the car. 

Didn’t use my insurance document at all, but I guess you have to if the test result is positive ????

Edited by SpecialSalami
  • Like 1

Success! Finally received Test and Go approval QR code. I am so relieved!

This morning (8 Nov) I applied for AQ approval after many unsuccessful attempts at Test and Go (since 1 Nov).

AQ approval and QR code arrived in my email almost straight away. Less than three minutes.

Then, just 10 mins after QA approval QR code I received the Test and Go QR code.

So now have two QR codes (I fly on 13 Nov).

So I would say to anyone worried about applying for AQ, go ahead and do it!

Looks like it kicks the process of getting Test and Go approval too!

Cheers.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, alyx said:

I must be on the wrong side of luck...no QR code after I applied six days ago...no email from the @support and of course...still no QR code following my email of enquiry

Apply for AQ. I did this morning and got the QR for AQ immediately. Then a short while after received Test and Go QR too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Apply for AQ. I did this morning and got the QR for AQ immediately. Then a short while after received Test and Go QR too.

Thanks I will try that 

I am also confused by the fact that they include "Thai Visa (if required)" in their list and there is no request of that in the application, and, so far, no possibility to upload more than one document 

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Sorry I disagree

Applying for AQ and expecting 1-night “test and go” is totally wrong

You should not, and cannot apply using this method.

I’ve been in and out 4 times over the past year…  at times, when the rules have changed overnight (ie. 1st April) 

… you can believe what you want - however, experience clearly slows there is a degree of discretion. The Thai MoPH are not going to force 10 days quarantine on a fully vaccinated PCR negative arrival - the final decision is with them. 

Respect the Thai governments requirements, follow what they want, and don’t expect the officers to think out of the box.

No one is suggesting not meeting the requirements - The suggestion is, as a plan B, to circumnavigate the broken Thailand Pass system so a flight is not missed. 

The staff on the ground are not idiots - the QR gets us on a plane & into the hands of a human at the other end who has the power of discretion not offered by a flawed computer system, 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mauroest said:

Hardly…

Airline check-in staff just asked for the PCR certificate….

Then just glanced at the the Thai pass QR code & my insurance & nothing else…

(each airline, and check in staff member may do this differently - but there was most certainly no digital check of the QR code). 

17 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Success! Finally received Test and Go approval QR code. I am so relieved!

This morning (8 Nov) I applied for AQ approval after many unsuccessful attempts at Test and Go (since 1 Nov).

AQ approval and QR code arrived in my email almost straight away. Less than three minutes.

Then, just 10 mins after QA approval QR code I received the Test and Go QR code.

So now have two QR codes (I fly on 13 Nov).

So I would say to anyone worried about applying for AQ, go ahead and do it!

Looks like it kicks the process of getting Test and Go approval too!

Cheers.   

17 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

could applying for the AQ option somehow trigger approval of the Test & Go ????

(similar happens to me, but with a 6 hr gap) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Thanks again 

I have applied through the AQ and ...instantaneous confirmation followed by an immediate QR Code. Whatever happens upon arrival is another matter ...the main thing is being able to get there as my spouse's visa ends the day we are leaving Schengen 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

could applying for the AQ option somehow trigger approval of the Test & Go ????

(similar happens to me, but with a 6 hr gap) 

Thanks for your sound advice allowing a way to get the QR code

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alyx said:

Thanks again 

I have applied through the AQ and ...instantaneous confirmation followed by an immediate QR Code. Whatever happens upon arrival is another matter ...the main thing is being able to get there as my spouse's visa ends the day we are leaving Schengen 

You ‘should’ get your ‘Test & Go’ Thailand Pass QR in time, but if you don’t your plan B at least gets you in the door & common sense can then prevail. 

Those suggestion it won’t, or can’t or claim fraud and all the other neurotically paranoid scaremongering are probably the same guys who poop themselves when a police offer pulls them over and then cries butt hurt because they were scammed !!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You ‘should’ get your ‘Test & Go’ Thailand Pass QR in time, but if you don’t your plan B at least gets you in the door & common sense can then prevail. 

Those suggestion it won’t, or can’t or claim fraud and all the other neurotically paranoid scaremongering are probably the same guys who poop themselves when a police offer pulls them over and then cries butt hurt because they were scammed !!! 

I agree and I am taking my chances. Furthermore all the information I input is truthful. The only "mistake" was the choice of plan (3 instead of 1)

Anything better than overstaying in Schengen in any case

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aero992 said:

Thailand Pass Re (1).png

I ticked Alternative Quarantine because my hotel is an AQ hotel 1 night ‘Test & Go’ package which includes Airport Trx, meals & PCR tests. 

SHA is primarily for those arriving in Phuket to SHA hotels & have to book their PCR tests separately from the hotel booking. 
(also for SHA hotels elsewhere) 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

If you booked an AQ hotel with everything included then select Alternative Quarantine. If it was an SHA+ hotel where you had to pay for transfer and test as extras then select SHA+

Now I'm confused.  Are you saying that, under the "Test and Go" program, one still chooses AQ as the hotel?

I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that AQ was for the 10 day quarantine and SHA+ was for the one night quarantine?  

This is messy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did anyone try to apply for TP with a flight in December? I have all the documents ready and want to apply in the next few days, but my flight is on Dec. 5th, maybe it´s too early to apply now, but i want to have enough time to change or re-apply if i get a rejection.

6 minutes ago, Soulman1980 said:

Did anyone try to apply for TP with a flight in December? I have all the documents ready and want to apply in the next few days, but my flight is on Dec. 5th, maybe it´s too early to apply now, but i want to have enough time to change or re-apply if i get a rejection.

IMO Way too early… 

Wait for the bugs to be cleared up then your application will be much simpler…. 

Of course, there’s no harm in applying now, but you may not get approval for a few weeks & you’ll be left ‘hanging’ wondering!!! 

25 minutes ago, alyx said:

I agree and I am taking my chances. Furthermore all the information I input is truthful. The only "mistake" was the choice of plan (3 instead of 1)

I have just made the the same "mistake" with instant approval. My hotel receipt has the AQ logo on the top and there is no mention of test and go.

When is your flight?

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I ticked Alternative Quarantine because my hotel is an AQ hotel 1 night ‘Test & Go’ package which includes Airport Trx, meals & PCR tests. 

SHA is primarily for those arriving in Phuket to SHA hotels & have to book their PCR tests separately from the hotel booking. 
(also for SHA hotels elsewhere) 

I used AQ also for my 1 night Test & Go.  My Bangkok hotel's signed letter to me for the 1 night package with airport pickup and RT-PCR Test has a SHA+ logo in the top right corner, but I still think AQ is the right box to check. 

• Like 1

hi , all , quick  question - when you are adding children , does it give option to upload multiple insurance certificates ? my girlfriend will be flying with her two children , under 12 , but wanted to understand if you need to stitch together multiple images into one ? 

3 hours ago, mauroest said:

All documents (insurance, vaccination, hotel booking) and compared against TP. Want PCR negative test certificate too.

• Like 1