Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

Can anybody help please, as I've received conflicting information? Will my daughter (13) be eligible for the Thailand Pass? She has recently recovered from Covid and I have a certificate from the GP to confirm this and she will be vaccinated a month before arrival in Thailand. I asked the consulate and the same question and they said 1 jab is not fully vaccinated.

The consulate website states -

Travellers who have recovered from being infected by COVID-19 are eligible if they have received 1 dose of vaccine within 3 months after being infected (no less than 14 days before departure) by providing a medical certificate or letter confirming their recovery from the infection.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra

Anybody managed to get a pass with the above?

I half did the pass application and it allows you to choose to upload 2 vaccinations or chose recovered from infection certificate and 1 vaccination cert upoad

Thanks

Edited by Chief500
update

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

For example, in the near future, there is a good chance that they will stop the need to have an RT-PCR within 72 hours of departure

Really?  I see this as a minimal requirement for possibly many years. Just about every country in the world is starting to require this why would they let a bunch of people on a place without a test,  then take a greater risk when they arrive?

Edited by bkk6060

AXA insurance question:  I was just rejected due to" Please re-submit insurance showing passenger name and medical coverage at least 50,000 USD" 

My AXA policy has 3 pages 1) Insurance Certificate in English 2) “The Schedule” Inbound Travel Insurance policy with the premium paid. 3) Receipt with the policy number, my name and the total paid.

Can anyone please tell me which of these 3 forms I should submit?

All this is very frustrating…

27 minutes ago, stickymango said:

AXA insurance question:  I was just rejected due to" Please re-submit insurance showing passenger name and medical coverage at least 50,000 USD" 

My AXA policy has 3 pages 1) Insurance Certificate in English 2) “The Schedule” Inbound Travel Insurance policy with the premium paid. 3) Receipt with the policy number, my name and the total paid.

Can anyone please tell me which of these 3 forms I should submit?

All this is very frustrating…

All of them.

Merge them into one document using: https://products.aspose.app/pdf/merger/jpg-to-jpg  or similar.

You may have to reduce the filesize if the result is over 5mb.

From my post on another thread:

Sent my application in around midnight last night - received the pass this morning around 6.30am.  Its possible that they are pushing them through now due to the backlog.  I separated my two NHS vaccine certificates (easy with a basic program like Paint) but as the NHS ones have a QR code on them, I didn't crop that and insert it into the additional QR code box.

There's not a cat in hell's chance that my insurance documents will have been undertstood - I will have the full policy with me on entry though.

I should note that it was recommended (by Salerno I think?) to use a merge program to join my insurance documents up - as the required information is spread over several pages. I did that but it resulted in a filesize of around 8.5 mb - the maximum allowed is 5mb.  If you need to do the same and that happens to you, again a basic program like Paint will sort it out.

Open Paint

Click File then Open

Select the merged document

Click Resize

In the Resize box make sure the Percentage tab is checked and change it to say 50 (that reduced mine to around 4.5mb)

Click OK then back to File and Save - you're done.

Most PC's have Paint and its not difficult - believe me, I'm not computer savvy at all.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1238471-success-my-thailand-pass-qr-code-arrived-last-night/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-16965633

I merged 5 pages from my policy.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I am sure they are doing the best they can.  Maybe place the "joke" on the thousands of people who have made 10, 15, 20 or more applications clogging up the system indefinitely.  

thanks for your 2 cents worth bkk6060... I am not sure I got my money's worth though ????????

3 hours ago, WhatAboutBob said:

thanks for your 2 cents worth bkk6060... I am not sure I got my money's worth though ????????

I think my Thai Pass not being approved is a blessing in disguise when I read the below newsletter below . I don't need a 350,000 THB bill for a "forced" hospital visit and have medication force fed to me if I test positive for Covid and have no symptoms are not sick especially if it caused by a Thai National (no offence intended) who is travelling on the plane that is not required to be vaccinated and does not need a "pre-covid" test before the flight..... If am within a certain undefined distance from this person on the plane and they test positive then I will be forced to quarantine (hospital or hospitel). I believe that a Thai national can travel to Bangkok under AQ Thai Pass without vaccination and without a pre-flight Covid Test... this is a bit disturbing to me as my risk of getting Covid on the flight is greatly increased..... 

Nov 9, 2021

The Nightmare of Testing Positive on Arrival in Thailand

Richard Barrow's Letters from Thailand
Richard Barrow's Letters from Thailand
Today’s special newsletter is about the nightmare that falls upon you if you test positive on arrival in Thailand. This is what happened to Kirovs, a tourist who came to Thailand with his family. He is now in hospital and his family are in hotel quarantine. 

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

Hi.

I am about to fill out the TP form.

There's a request below “Flight Number” to Drag/Drop Document for Booking accommodation.

Are they asking for Air Flight(e-ticket) or my AQ Hotel document to drop?

Thanks.

The one page letter from your hotel that describes you getting a Covid test. Make sure you convert it to JPEG.

AAAARRRGGG! Just got rejected "Please upload paid hotel reservation confirmation that include RT-PCR test"  My hotel reservation CLEARLY includes this and I paid for it.  So frustrating!!!  I've been applying for the Sandbox since I was just in Mexico but live in US.  I'm tempted to just apply for the test and go and leave off the Mexico since I already have the 7 day hotel reservation in Bangkok and will stay in the sandbox.   

48 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The one page letter from your hotel that describes you getting a Covid test. Make sure you convert it to JPEG.

Will a bullet point from the Hotel's conformation stating "package includes RT-PCT test"  be sufficient?

Does anybody know what happens to thai nationals, should they be tested positive at arrival or be close contact?

Taken to hospital, regardless of symptoms?

Hospitel?

Isolation at home?

I am trying to figure it out, nobody has a <deleted> clue..The hotel(Grande Sukumvit 55) has Sukumvit Hospital as partner and told me she(wife)will be taken to hospital, however, I find it difficult to believe she will be admitted to a private hospital, if she has no symptoms?

14 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Does anybody know what happens to thai nationals, should they be tested positive at arrival or be close contact?

Taken to hospital, regardless of symptoms?

Hospitel?

Isolation at home?

I am trying to figure it out, nobody has a <deleted> clue..The hotel(Grande Sukumvit 55) has Sukumvit Hospital as partner and told me she(wife)will be taken to hospital, however, I find it difficult to believe she will be admitted to a private hospital, if she has no symptoms?

My experience is that Thais without symptoms go to a hospitel.

Your experience may vary.

1 hour ago, tomx2 said:

Will a bullet point from the Hotel's conformation stating "package includes RT-PCT test"  be sufficient?

I was approved, and on my hotel's confirmation letter this line was the only indication of it:

Remarks: Total price include: 1-way transfer, meals during stay, 1 time RT-PCR

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I should note that it was recommended (by Salerno I think?) to use a merge program to join my insurance documents up - as the required information is spread over several pages. I did that but it resulted in a filesize of around 8.5 mb - the maximum allowed is 5mb.  If you need to do the same and that happens to you, again a basic program like Paint will sort it out.

Or for a quick drag and drop online solution https://compressjpeg.com/

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

In theory, yes.

in practice, anything is possible.

I had a line from hotel that clearly stated prepaid incl. RT PCR test and my application was rejected because... I need to have note from my hotel that my reservation includes... prepaid RT PCR test...   sigh...

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Querparker said:

I have tried reaching out to the Thai Pass hotline at +66 2572 8442. But it always says that the number is not available. Does it work for you guys?

yeah. Insist! It worked for me after more than 10 or 20 tries, and then hold the line for 25 mins before I talk to an operator. Don't give up

1 minute ago, Aero992 said:

Where is it asking for proof of your flight? I didn't think there was an upload option they just asked for your flight number.

555 good point, it doesn't, was just answering the combine question so can be of help anyway e.g. for insurance policy.