Fire destroys disco in Pattaya, estimated six million baht in damages

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

I image that would be the last night-time entertainment venue to go up in smoke.

I think you had a "typo" and meant "I imagine that wouldn't be the last night-time entertainment venue to go up in smoke in the near future."

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Apparently the Thai owner was recorded discussing the insurance policy for his disco...... 

"You will need fire insurance, burglary insurance and flood insurance" the insurance agent told him.  

The Thai owner said ......."Fire and burglary fair enough.........but how the **** does anyone start a flood?"

With a load of fire truck hoses

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bbko said:

In September it was Nashaa nightclub, now it's Laser Disco. What's up with those nightclubs?

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9234777,100.8754596,3a,46.4y,101.78h,102.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8p10tF7HDhfiIZLTW23ofQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

They are all death traps that would never stand a chance of passing fire safety regulations in other countries. Emergency exits are blocked, electrical installation is substandard and I am surprised major incidents do not happen more often. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

awfully suspicious amount lot if these establishments going up in flames during a pandemic. You'd think more would go up when open than not

Maybe  but could also happen when you have no one around the area and squatters taking over unused buildings for shelter/housing.

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

awfully suspicious amount lot if these establishments going up in flames during a pandemic. You'd think more would go up when open than not

6 million is not that much for a club. You can spend that easily on the sound and lighting system alone. Then there’s the furniture, damage to the building, the cost of getting the building dry and fixed up again and the loss of income during the time it takes to get it fixed.

Having said that, a fire is an easy way of making up for losses due to covid and starting new someplace else.