No change to alcohol ban at restaurants, bar closures for now in Pattaya-Chonburi Provincial Police hold meeting with Pattaya business owners

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was thinking it might be ironic if a tourist came here vaccinated, no quarantine, but ended up packed into a jail cell after having a few drinks in a hole in the wall bar on the sly. 

I am wondering what the tourist are telling their friends and family back home? The Drinks are on the house and mean it.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mtbre said:

thailand is finished as a tourist destination,who wants to go there no beer no girls no bumbum.......hahahahahah

a corrupt goverment and a corupt.....k....there are better countrys to spend your money

With all the people wanting to come here , ( applied for the Thai Pass ) , Thailand does not look ' finished ' .

It is not perfect , but in a ' better ' country you would certainly pay much more for a holiday , and have some disappointments as well ...

The girls moved away from the empty bars to ' Thai friendly ' etc ... but when the bars are full again , they will be there again ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 2

Be interesting to see which businesses get the so called SHA+ approval to open,  they could be very selective when it happens with a few backhanders going into deep pockets, places like gogo bars and soi 6 ST bars might have a problem getting approved to open ....................maybe ever 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I was thinking it might be ironic if a tourist came here vaccinated, no quarantine, but ended up packed into a jail cell after having a few drinks in a hole in the wall bar on the sly. 

Ypu can bet it will happen, but not sure how the police will handle it?

Innocent tourist comes here, not sure of all the rules, sits down for a meal and gets a beer.. 

police raid the place and then what?

Release holiday maker as innocent an fine the owner, or nail them all?

If the police get heavy handed with increasing tourists it might just backfire and put people off.

• Like 2

Just now, Harrith1954 said:

This alcohol ban and surveyance of Them policemen is all to keep Pattaya closed and take away the culture of sleasy and uncontroled  fun things in the bars and restaurants. IT is same like in Chiang Mai and Hua Hun, IT must attract "Rich tourists"

All about the money.

There may be something in this train of thought, let them decay to nothing use Covid as there excuse and open Museums and art gallery’s in the redevelopment, I’m only joking   they would never have thought of this idea.