Top 10 Arrivals after 1 November Thailand Reopening

webfact

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Great , but how many were Thai people returning home from those countries ? And how many were 'actual' tourists as compared to long term residents ? I think you could knock of the last 2 digits of each arrival numbers for that figure !

So what? In order for 'actual tourists' to start arriving from the USA, they would likely first want to see that ANY non-Thai citizen arrivals from the US are able to get entry into Thailand hassle-free.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So what? In order for 'actual tourists' to start arriving from the USA, they would likely first want to see that ANY non-Thai citizen arrivals from the US are able to get entry into Thailand hassle-free.

So what ? Basically tourism is making no money as promised. You only need to look at 8 people visiting Hua Hin in a week to realise its not going as planned.

Yes, I agree with you on the hassle-free tourism - problem is though hat these fools think they are coming with the hassle

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

So what ? Basically tourism is making no money as promised. You only need to look at 8 people visiting Hua Hin in a week to realise its not going as planned.

Yes, I agree with you on the hassle-free tourism - problem is though hat these fools think they are coming with the hassle

Gotta start somewhere. It is a 20+ hour flight time each way from/to the US. If someone is willing to endure that, they may feel that the hassle on the Thai end is not that big a deal if they see other people are making it through from the US.

I tell people from the US even before covid that unless you have ATLEAST 2 weeks to spend in Thailand, don't even bother.

• Like 2

And the race is on as Germany overtakes USA by 1 person lol

Richard Barrow: Top 10 “countries of origin” for people travelling to Thailand from 1-7 November:

1 ???????? Germany 2,666

2 ???????? USA 2,665

3 ???????? United Kingdom 1,475

4 ???????? Japan 1,449

5 ???????? South Korea 987

6 ???????? Russia 959

7???????? Switzerland 949

8 ???????? Sweden 817

9 ???????? France 774

10 ???????? UAE 565

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=445078490311753&id=100044288176713

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok – Thailand is now welcoming fully vaccinated visitors from around the world via two specially-designed entry schemes: TEST & GO Exemption from Quarantine and Living in the “Blue Zone” (17 Sandbox destinations). Partially or unvaccinated visitors are also much welcomed via the Happy Quarantine requirements.

Jeez.... do they actually read what they print...

Blue zone, happy quarantine requirements.... La la land.

• Like 1

i wonder how many of those US arrivals actually came from the USA.  when i've spent time in the resort areas like samui and phuket, i've come across a number of US citizens that live/work in the middle east.  they could be coming in for a short vacation.  i assume the beaches/water are very clean right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Richard Barrow: Top 10 “countries of origin” for people travelling to Thailand from 1-7 November:

1 ???????? Germany 2,666

2 ???????? USA 2,665

4 ???????? Japan 1,449

6 ???????? Russia 959

8 ???????? Sweden 817

9 ???????? France 774

10 ???????? UAE 565

Not unexpected; the expression "boomboom" has its roots in the German verb "bumsen".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Gotta start somewhere. It is a 20+ hour flight time each way from/to the US. If someone is willing to endure that, they may feel that the hassle on the Thai end is not that big a deal if they see other people are making it through from the US.

I tell people from the US even before covid that unless you have ATLEAST 2 weeks to spend in Thailand, don't even bother.

A few years ago, I had offered to take a young lady to the US but as a government worker she said she only had one week’s vacation. Told her the same, no less that two weeks are needed for travel time and jet lag when arriving in the US. Ah, well …

9 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

1 ???????? Germany 2,666

2 ???????? USA 2,665

4 ???????? Japan 1,449

6 ???????? Russia 959

8 ???????? Sweden 817

9 ???????? France 774

10 ???????? UAE 565

Per head of population they are kicking ****.

• Like 1

And after the first 10 days USA has bolted back out in front leaving Germany in their dust, while France has now jumped above Sweden....proves Aussies and Kiwis are smarter than that ???? 

Richard Barrow update:

https://www.facebook.com/100044288176713/posts/446915980128004/

Screenshot_20211111-190251_Facebook.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Partially or unvaccinated visitors are also much welcomed via the Happy Quarantine requirements.

I support entry quarantines for people who are either only partially vaccinated or not vaccinated at all for COVID....

However, whomever thought up the idea of calling that "Happy Quarantine" is definitely residing in mental la-la land.....

Quick Check shows that according to the quoted figures as a holiday destination (assuming all the visitors are actually holidaymakers), proportional to the population of the countries concerned, shows which countries regard Thailand as a 'holiday' destination the most.

However the article does not state whether the arrivals were nationals of the country they are purported to have arrived from

Switzerland----------------0.009700

Sweden--------------------0.007000

UAE------------------------0.005500

Germany------------------0.002800

UK-------------------------0.002500

South Korea--------------0.001800

Japan---------------------0.001000

France--------------------0.001000

US ------------------------0.000075

Russia----------------------0.000072

On a UK private facebook group I'm on for travel to Thailand, 90% people who ask querires are on O or O-A visa and for travel from the end of November onwards. I also wonder as the Thailand Pass was not active until the 1 Nov how many of these arrivals were on already obtained COEs. I would would have thought the first real Thailand Pass wouldn't have arrived until this week.

Edited by tso310