Requirements to enter Chaengwattana

I've read elsewhere that it is now necessary to be vaccinated or have a recent ATK negative test result, in order to enter the Immigration Office at Chaengwattana.  I'm hoping something has been lost in translation, as what would this mean to those who (through no fault of their own) remain unvaccinated, like kids?  Someone else says unvaccinated people can enter but a declaration just needs to be signed to say you don't have Covid symptoms; but this seems meaningless.

I have an appointment there later this week.  I'm fully vaxxed but my wife hasn't had her 2nd jab yet and my kid is too young to be vaccinated.

Does anyone have on the ground experience of what the situation really is?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I have an appointment there later this week. 

Was not aware appointments even possible. Certainly not for marriage extensions (never was) also extensions retirement appointments currently unavailable.

I was there 2 weeks ago. 

Nothing required for entry.

I'm sure such a busy office would have numerous posts if what you ask about was required. The kid bit irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Was not aware appointments even possible. Certainly not for marriage extensions (never was) also extensions retirement appointments currently unavailable.

I was there 2 weeks ago. 

Nothing required for entry.

I'm sure such a busy office would have numerous posts if what you ask about was required. The kid bit irrelevant. 

Appointments are possible for Work Extensions.

12 minutes ago, pontious said:

It was posted here recently. If you cannot show 2 vaccine certificate you have to do an extra form of some kind.

Completely missed that. 

Do you have link to thread.

Surprised hasn't been widely reported with zillion folk attending CW each day. 

I went there some time ago, and it's to enter the building, it's not only about the inmigration department. You either show proof of the vaccinations or you fill in a form and wait to enter, they had two seperate columns, but I am

not sure about the other entry points into the building, seems some doorways are much easier to enter than others in that building, but if entering on the building door near immigration they will check, maybe that could change in the future who knows

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

Went today to pick my renewed extension of stay, parked as usual at the parking building behind the complex, and then walked into the complex via the flyover. I was prepared for the new requirement but people were just walking in, only a temperature check... So, in short... TIT ????

I usually park directly outside, as there's usually a space.  However, it can get full and you end up having to push 2 or 3 cars out of the way to leave.  Does the parking building usually have spaces; is it free; and easy to find?

31 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:
2 hours ago, kotsak said:

Went today to pick my renewed extension of stay, parked as usual at the parking building behind the complex, and then walked into the complex via the flyover. I was prepared for the new requirement but people were just walking in, only a temperature check... So, in short... TIT ????

I usually park directly outside, as there's usually a space.  However, it can get full and you end up having to push 2 or 3 cars out of the way to leave.  Does the parking building usually have spaces; is it free; and easy to find?

It's parking Building B and this is the access location:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/13°52'59.5"N+100°33'46.5"E

Low floors are reserved for gov officers, I always park at 4th floor and you can always find a spot if you get there early. It's free but I've noticed they've installed boom gates which currently are non-operational but have no idea what they are planning to do with them.

37 minutes ago, tod-daniels said:

My advice, whether you're vaxxed or not just talk a second to fill out the form and walk right in.

Thanks for report.

Wonder how long they will keep this rubbish up. Mind you I accidentally just now tried to enter 7/11 and forgot mask. (Travelling in car). The staff gave out a big yell. Fair enough. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pib said:

On 1 Nov when I went to CW to get my final marriage extension of stay stamp at the building entrance I was asked if I had been vaccinated.   I said yes and showed my Mor Prom vaccination certificate.  

On Nov 2, I was at CW for my annual extension and was asked nothing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

On Nov 2, I was at CW for my annual extension and was asked nothing. 

I'm guessing in early Nov they were asking "are you vaccinated" on a random basis.   I say that because they didn't ask a couple of folks who were ahead of me.  And there were no signs then like the 16 Nov signs tod-daniels posted above.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Is taking the brat with you important ?

Can you not leave it with a friend just to be sure ?

Unfortunately not.  He needs to be photographed and have his passport stamped with his new Extension of Stay, just like me and my wife.  Anyone requiring an Extension needs to be present at Immigration.

4 hours ago, tod-daniels said:

Okay here how it works, as I did outside and talked to the people meaning the tables where you enter building be at the south entrance by immigration for over an hour yesterday.

Even if you're vaccinated with two doses and show proof (mor phrom app, vaccine passport or your receipt from the hospital) unless you have a negative atk test within 7 days you fill out the little b/s form any way.

My advice, whether you're vaxxed or not just talk a second to fill out the form and walk right in.

Here's the images from the south entrance

IMG_20211116_121733.jpg

IMG_20211116_121609.jpg

IMG_20211116_121605.jpg

IMG_20211116_121600.jpg

That answers my question perfectly.  Thanks Tod.

I went to Chaengwattana today and previously knew nothing about it. Luckily I had my covid double-dose certificate in with all my 'Keep.Just in Case They Ask' documents.

Showed the certificate and was told then to fill out the form as posted above.

It was quiet inside, not many around and got my covid ext and told 'last one, next time come with your wife'.

23 hours ago, tod-daniels said:

Okay here how it works, as I did outside and talked to the people meaning the tables where you enter building be at the south entrance by immigration for over an hour yesterday.

Even if you're vaccinated with two doses and show proof (mor phrom app, vaccine passport or your receipt from the hospital) unless you have a negative atk test within 7 days you fill out the little b/s form any way.

Here's the images from the south entrance

IMG_20211116_121733.jpg

IMG_20211116_121609.jpg

IMG_20211116_121605.jpg

IMG_20211116_121600.jpg

The notice is "as for corporation". It doesn't state which part of the Emergency decree or CDA is applicable in asking for or supplying this information.

Maybe a sign for a change in the law coming soon. Still needs to be sanctioned by the government and published in the royal gazette. Until then it is just a request.... "asking for cooperation".