People waiting for paid mRNA vaccines asked to get free Pfizer jabs at state facilities

webfact

3 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Classic LOS. Pay up front and then they don't provide the product, a credit or a refund. Some things never change here. 

......and after all these months of the programs, they're still not managed and organized terribly well.

• Like 2

Up to now everything I've read it has been available to all foreigners Pfizer since the first donation by the U.S. 1.5 million doses prior given first to front line workers as recently to students 12-18 years of age I've not heard students 5-11 years in Pattaya particularly on the Darkside getting the Pfizer many kids in my Thai village still aren't in school nor are they getting online studies?

Let's not get locals Thais in general the poor being able to get the Pfizer as a choice like foreigners living here I've not seen it available and this guy making like it has always been available by walking into any Thai government clinic?

As of now 1.5 Pfizer has been donated by the U.S. another 2.5 was promised by the end of the year?

Somehow somewhere it was reported 1 million of Moderna arrived Nov 1st, it was supposed to be checked and distributed 5th of Nov, just yesterday reported another 1 million? had arrived yet the people who has paid upfront are still waiting while this guy say cancel?  Yes it isn't his job to cancel and if the Pfizer was readily available at clinics there really is no busy of anyone to have to ask.

List these clinics throughout the country so those who been wanting the pfizer get them!  Where? I bet a pretty good chunk of money it isn't readily available. ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chris.B said:

But the private hospitals won't allow cancellations!

But they will let you transfer (sell-up to you) it to a needy person who did not originally sign up for one. Or as I personally know what 2 people did- schedule it 5 or 6 months after your 2nd Pfizer shot as a booster.

• Like 1

These sorts of statements are a bit troubling if they portend the regime's position that private hospital paid vaccines are being greatly discouraged and restricted.

I'm not sure if this is spill-over from the family feud involving THG, or is representative of the larger government vaccine policy?

And I'm not sure why the regime is taking such a strong stance NOW? There will be no loss off face for them as nearly 80 mm doses have been administered. Eventually private hospitals will have to be allowed to order and administer vaccines.

18 hours ago, Chris.B said:

"Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is urging unvaccinated people, who are waiting for Pfizer or Moderna vaccines booked with private hospitals, to cancel their bookings and get free jabs of Pfizer vaccine at state vaccination facilities."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the private hospitals won't allow cancellations!

Where and when will the Pfizer vaccinations be available?

I live in the north and got my Pfizer shots in September.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Given that the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines have been shown in numerous studies to be the most effective of all the currently available COVID vaccines...

Have ANY Thai government purchased Pfizer or Moderna doses actually arrived for use in the government's own free for the public vaccination program as yet??? I don't think so!

The original round of Pfizer doses that Thais and farangs could get in recent months was donated by the U.S. government to Thailand. And the current round of Moderna doses was acquired mainly by the Thai Private Hospitals Assn. for dispensing by their member hospitals on a pay for play basis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAICR, all of the government vaccine acquisitions that have made into into the government's own FREE vaccine distribution program for the public thus far (not counting plans for future deliveries) have been their own locally produced AZ (along with some other foreign AZ donations) and either donated or purchased Sinovac and Sinopharm doses from China.

Having booked Moderna for my wife and I and waited waited waited I eventually booked on the intervac site and received 2 shots of Pfizer “free” at MedPark Hospital Bangkok. A bit of a trip from Phetchabun but worthwhile!

We now wait for Moderna as a booster if it ever arrives!

You can still book on Intervac

B067D424-EC0E-470C-8539-6080A40ED72A.png

Edited by AussieinThaiJim
Intervac

17 hours ago, Chris.B said:

560,200 Moderna doses were delivered to Thailand on 1st November not 1.9 million.

And 1.0 mm donation from the U..S. arrived this week.

And Zulleg says 1.4 mm are due latest first week of December, from the 1.9 mm order.

And another 6 mm Moderna are on order for Q1 delivery.

I'm still unclear on the breakdown of the total ~ 8.6 mm doses ordered by the GPO from Zulleg Therapeutics. 1.0 mm were said to be for the TRC.

My Moderna PoS is up to queue number 16,000, adding 3,000 every two days.

• Confused 1

Pfizer is already bloody free. I paid 3200,- and I will not get this back for Moderna, and they promised me that I would get this in October, then November and now next year. Now they offer free Pfizer, which already is free. Come on cheaters.

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thx for that, I have edited my previous post having just read an article which backs up you are saying, I must have misread the article I read as the article I jut read said 1.9 million doses by end of the year.

You could still be right in what you read because as memory serves me the original Moderna order was for 1 million doses to be deliver mid October but then that was delayed until 1st November and only half of that order was delivered with a further order of 1.9 million doses to be delivered in December. It will be anyones guess if that 1.9 million doses will be delivered on time. They might count the 1 million doses that was donated by America as part of that order.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Karma80 said:

I placed an order with a hospital to hedge my bets. I knew at the time it was likely to be money down the drain and viewed it as insurance.

I am not disappointed.

Safe trusted Thailand truly amazing.

So much negativity … the Gov have extended the public (your) “options” for free …. they are not using force to make you do anything you don't want to do.

Personally I'm pleased with the Gov organization in Chiangmai …. and the efficiency of the hospital …. free 2xPfizer …. good job guys.

• Like 1

So does this mean, people like my wife's mum and brother, who have been waiting for Pfizer (not booked that I know of) can get the Pfizer for free immediately..???

They live in Khon Kaen area but brother working in Udon Thani so where to get the jab..?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluejets said:

So does this mean, people like my wife's mum and brother, who have been waiting for Pfizer (not booked that I know of) can get the Pfizer for free immediately..???

I think anutin wants people to get vaccinated NOW. Many (1 mm?) are waiting for their Moderna, and nutin is trying scare/shame/entice them to get vaccinated now. Dangling Pfizer is deliberate.

It's not clear to me how much Pfizer is actually in hand. The U.S. donation is surely all administered, and the government has said they have ordered 20 mm and another 10 mm doses (with a further 30 mm planned for 2022). I haven't seen any news but think some of these (~ 10 mm??) have been delivered as close to 4 mm students are said to be 2x Pfizer vaccinated.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/government-reports-over-90-of-students-12-18-vaccinated

So I think the thai public may have access to Pfizer (free) today, but would imagine this is not a universal policy.

my wife contacted the private hospital, the government hospital and another source here in Trat city in Trat Provence and she was told sorry we do not have any vaccines by all three...

Edited by onthedarkside
comment on moderation removed

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

You could still be right in what you read because as memory serves me the original Moderna order was for 1 million doses to be deliver mid October but then that was delayed until 1st November and only half of that order was delivered with a further order of 1.9 million doses to be delivered in December. It will be anyones guess if that 1.9 million doses will be delivered on time. They might count the 1 million doses that was donated by America as part of that order.

My memory is only as good as the original stories I read, that said, you are correct, the stories keep changing daily.

19 hours ago, mokwit said:

I met Anutin once. Had a 1 hour meeting with him, albeit long before he was in Government. The fact that I am not saying anything should be telling.

Needed some work doing on your house? Or repair the soi road?

20 hours ago, mokwit said:

I met Anutin once. Had a 1 hour meeting with him, albeit long before he was in Government. The fact that I am not saying anything should be telling.

Likewise. More than once.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They were certainly available in Chiang Mai in October and November.

I had my second free Pfizer at Promanada last week.

But they were for foreigners not Thais. We await announcement of open Pfizer availability for Thai citizens for my 49 year old wife.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Best to always hedge your bets with this clown.

I would assume you will be using your paid for Moderna shot as a booster some time in the New Year as I hear we will all be needing boosters.

March/April is when I will be getting my booster, no disappointment here.

Here in Phetchabun, rock up, show your passport and receive Pfizer. No problem. 

• Thanks 1

I got Pfizer shot 1 on 27th Sept and shot 2 on 18th Oct at Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen for free, but you had to register at the hospital and it was for foreigners only and it was limited numbers available and since then, nothing.

• Like 1