How is the water pressure in your area ?

worgeordie

I live in a Moo Bahn ,approx 3 Kilometers up the Mae Jo road , have lived

in the same house for 30 odd years, this year is the first time that we have

had constant low water pressure , in the past have had problems due to

broken pipes in the area, but they were all fixed quite quickly.

I have a tank and water pump but have just used those in cases were the supply

went down, but now have to use the pump most of the time ,to have the

pressure to feed the solar water heater on the roof (2 stories) , and for the washing

machine, without the pump ,I can pee harder than the pressure that is coming

out of the pipe.

This is more worrying as its only the start of the dry season, the way Chiang Mai

has expanded over the years , Condos' sprouting up like mushrooms, Malls and

shophouses , I have wondered if the utility companies  have invested and expanded

their production, Water and Electric ....

So what about you, good water pressure in your area ?

regards worgeordie

Our Moo Baan, after years of being independent suffered from low pressure along with outages....We are now on Muni water - but the pressure isn't good....Almost everyone runs a tank.... Two adjoining neighbors do not and I really don't see how they do it...

We are in the south end of Hang Dong by San Pa Tong & also have a useable well that the wife uses for her garden....

Our supply system was under built... Considering how it's built our little 120 house Moo Baan is doing ok....

42 minutes ago, Denim said:

I clean my teeth at the same time as removing klingons. Great time saver.

Yes I multi task the same---- my wife says ...."This not good".............maybe 1 task at a time is enough to fill her mind.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

SanSai a bit further up the MaeJo road than you.

Last few days the water pressure has been low and for a few hours off.

Think there's a problem.

Problem for sure.  Restaurant in the area closed Thursday night due to lack of water.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Fantastic, thanks!

So you live in Chiang Mai .....I did not know that Lou

You got something right, at last!   I was, of course, commenting in the context of the title of your OP which is...

"How is the water pressure in your area ?".

I told you how the water pressure is in my area!

One thing to watch out for is congregation of gunk in the pipes. We used to use the village water to compliment the deep well and tower pumps, but the 1 inch supply pipe became completely clogged with the residue from the monthly back flushes released into the system. Luckily half inch pipe connectors are the perfect fit inside a 1 inch pipe for rodding. The other villagers have to periodically replace their lines to the house.

IMG_2791.jpeg

• Like 1

On Thursday the PWA engaged in some major waterworks in the area and it was announced that the water would be turned off from 10AM to 8PM for the work to be accomplished. The affected areas included from approximately Maejo U to Outer Ring Road along 1001.....

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You got something right, at last!   I was, of course, commenting in the context of the title of your OP which is...

"How is the water pressure in your area ?".

I told you how the water pressure is in my area!

As I posted in the Chiang Mai Forum , quoted Chiang Mai twiced in

the post, I think any normal person would take it that the area would

be in Chiang Mai, not Kakhon Nowhere where you hail from, but pleased

you have full pressure.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

In the Padaet area we have city water but never enough pressure for showers and the like. All houses in our moo baan have tanks and pumps. We recently switched from an underground tank to an above ground tank and we have just enough pressure to get the water two meters off the ground to the top of the tank. The city water was off all day last Tuesday.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:32 PM, worgeordie said:

this year is the first time that we have

had constant low water pressure

We had something similar in our Moo Baan and of course I complained to the wife and the wife rang the Mayor and he said they are cleaning the filters and waiting for some parts which are due to arrive soon, so I accepted that for about 10 minutes and then asked the wife to ask the neighbours on either side how their water supply was, perfect was their replies.

Next thing I did was get the wife (Jack of all trades) others by night, since meeting me retired, to go to the front where our pipe meets the street pipe and check if any bend if clogged with weeds and the like, well there it was, staring us in the eye, she pulled it out, as long as your arm clogging the pipe into out place, problem sorted, so might be something to look at and I will never believe these villagers because Thai's in general will tell you a story not to lose face IMO.

EDIT: We also recently installed a pump which apparently sucks the water in from the street when it is low, apparently it's illegal but everyone else has one, so if they can do it, so can we, I mean what's not illegal in Thailand, it's every man for them selves which I don't like, but hey, as the wife says, when in Thailand, do as I do, ok dearest ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 12/4/2021 at 5:32 PM, worgeordie said:

So what about you, good water pressure in your area ?

Just average, that's if we get any at all..!

Often the water is just turned off from about 9am till 6pm.

It's pretty poor quality water anyhow.

We just fill the water filter (tank type) in the morning and a few buckets to get through the day.

Turning off the towns water is just 'Thai' style water restrictions when the supply gets low, I would suggest lowering the pressure may be another way, but often with old infrastructure lowering the pressure also reduces wastage from leaks.

We're out in a little village several Kms from San Patong so not on C Ms water supply.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:32 PM, worgeordie said:

This is more worrying as its only the start of the dry season, the way Chiang Mai

has expanded over the years , Condos' sprouting up like mushrooms, Malls and

shophouses , I have wondered if the utility companies  have invested and expanded

their production, Water and Electric ....

I live in Mae Jo so if you're north from there it could be the road construction on the CM-Phrao road which they're expanding. There also going to put a new ring road starting a few kilos north of the new hospital so I wonder if they've started messing with anything in preparation for that massive project.

As it would be I rent a little wooden house in Samoeng and the water pressure is so low the hot water heater doesn't even work and it's 12 degrees here right now! ????