Shopee Rant.

NoshowJones

Just tried to open an account with Shopee. I went through what they asked me to, then it came to the bit where they wanted me to sign in.

I was given a choice of how to sign in, but only there was no choice, there was only a space to give a password, not any choice. But as a new customer, I am not asked to make up a password in the first place.

So that is a potential customer lost to them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Never got on with Shopee since they sent me a quantity of TV's when I only ordered one ! Kerry driver was pretty pizzed when I said NOPE, can send those back please.

Just dont like their site either. ????

I had a similar issue when i first opened an account, i got sent 3 cycle water bottles, it was because the notifications they send are very confusing. It said order cancelled, so i ordered again, then they reinstate the order. Now using the app it's ok, I'm aware its quirky so tread carefully

• Like 1

I always have bad experiences with shopee - I always go to lazada, I never check shopee. If I do check, I still prefer to use Lazada, despite their shortfalls and maybe a slightly higher price because they have a better track record.

The app is confusing, just as lazada is - just as Thai designed websites are, just too much going on, too many links and flashing images.

They also prefer to use J&S carriers, who dont have a great track record,

On 12/12/2021 at 4:41 PM, recom273 said:

I always have bad experiences with shopee - I always go to lazada, I never check shopee. If I do check, I still prefer to use Lazada, despite their shortfalls and maybe a slightly higher price because they have a better track record

Agree 100% . 

My only gripe with Lazada is that even to "window shop" you need app download (in my experience).

Seems to run in background too much. 

As a result I have Lazada on spare cell. I'm sure there is better way.

So I don't fancy Shopee..

Couple of bad experiences. That was suppliers but don't think Shopee vet them enough.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree 100% . 

My only gripe with Lazada is that even to "window shop" you need app download (in my experience).

Seems to run in background too much. 

As a result I have Lazada on spare cell. I'm sure there is better way.

So I don't fancy Shopee..

Couple of bad experiences. That was suppliers but don't think Shopee vet them enough.

Lazada app is very good, you can go into settings and restrict what the app can do. I don't see it doing anything in the background, i get notifications of delivery only. Maybe you need a new phone with more recent Android, mine is 11

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lazada app is very good, you can go into settings and restrict what the app can do. I don't see it doing anything in the background, i get notifications of delivery only. Maybe you need a new phone with more recent Android, mine is 11

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out.

Yes I have android 11. 

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Too many things not in English, nothing to click to go into settings, trying to buy something but little English. Dreadful app.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Too many things not in English, nothing to click to go into settings, trying to buy something but little English. Dreadful app.

Sounds like user error as i see everything in English. In settings select English, see below. Shopee that's another story

Screenshot_2021-12-14-11-24-34-175_com.lazada.android~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-14-11-26-43-246_com.lazada.android.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like user error as i see everything in English. In settings select English, see below. Shopee that's another story

Screenshot_2021-12-14-11-24-34-175_com.lazada.android~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-14-11-26-43-246_com.lazada.android.jpg

Thanks but my Lazada app is nothing like the one you show, no function for settings, no function for English, just a pure mess. Phone is not much more than a year old.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks but my Lazada app is nothing like the one you show, no function for settings, no function for English, just a pure mess. Phone is not much more than a year old.

Next time you meet up with a falang ask them to take a look, maybe a thai can help

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can use the web version of Lazada if you select the Desktop view on your browser.

Not really practical on a phone but OK on a tablet or Android box.

• Thanks 1

I just cannot fathum how inept Thai's and Chinese are when it comes to simply sending the correct product out to an address.

I ordered some lights from China on Shopee,  I requested type B,  they send type A.   

ok,   they did approve a refund.

I ordered a 55" TV on Lazada,  first one came was a demo model with scratches etc ....   sent back.

eventually sent a new one.

I ordered an electric bike on Shopee, specifically told the supplier and shopee twice to note the delivery address,  she advised okay.   Bike comes yesterday to the incorrect old address.   I went ballistic ....

What is wrong with these people  ?????????

can they not get something so simple correct    ????????

• Like 2

On 12/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, possum1931 said:

I find Lazada phone app very confusing and advert laden. On PC it is fine, in English and easy to navigate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I just cannot fathum how inept Thai's and Chinese are when it comes to simply sending the correct product out to an address.

I ordered some lights from China on Shopee,  I requested type B,  they send type A.   

ok,   they did approve a refund.

I ordered a 55" TV on Lazada,  first one came was a demo model with scratches etc ....   sent back.

eventually sent a new one.

I ordered an electric bike on Shopee, specifically told the supplier and shopee twice to note the delivery address,  she advised okay.   Bike comes yesterday to the incorrect old address.   I went ballistic ....

What is wrong with these people  ?????????

can they not get something so simple correct    ????????

If they used an old address it sounds like you haven't deleted the old address?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:05 AM, seajae said:

I bought a product on friday and it was delivered on sunday, the same product I ordered on lazada friday was delivered on monday , while shopee can be slow  it is no worse/better than lazada

What has that got to do with Lazada? It is the seller that chooses the delivery company.

I shop extensively online.  I use both Shopee and Lazada.  Of the two, I prefer Shopee.  Typically the prices are lower and you frequently get coupons for free shipping which are good for all the items in your cart versus Lazada that provides a free shipping coupon but only for one item. 

Both sites have lousy search engines.  You can literally copy the listing of an item on both sites and then use that to search for other products and it will come back very often with no product found.  If you do find a product like you are looking for Shopee does have a drop down which then searches for "similar" products.  Sometimes it does an OK job and sometimes it comes up with products that are not even remotely similar. 

However Lazada if you find a product you like, it does not allow you to search for similar products.  You can go to a category and then look at all of the listings in that category which typically are hundreds of pages.  Also why this is true, I don't know.  Sometimes I will see a repetitive listing on Shopee for the same item, same seller.  On Lazada it is always.  You can see the same listing, same item, same price same seller 50 times which only clutters up and makes it laborious to find just the item you are looking for or to get the best price.  I think that is by design from Lazada. They want you looking at thousands of listings. 

• Like 1

Poss ol' buddy, been on Lazada for about a year, couple of days back I joined Shopee to see if prices and selection were any different.

I joined on the PC, think they used my email address, I put in a username but they ignored that and gave me their own, I did enter a password. It was all quite easy, in English too.

I then loaded the app on my phone, think it was just email and password.

Though after all that, I think I will stay with Lazada..????

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:25 PM, Longwood50 said:

I use both Shopee and Lazada.  Of the two, I prefer Shopee

Indeed, if you use a desktop there is no problem whatsoever using shopee (no experience with the app) apart that after a few days I have to login again. Delivery tends to be fast (I prefer domestic sellers which you can select on the left, in addition to a high number of positive ratings) and is mostly done by Shopee express. Tracking works well. They once lost a small package, notified me after 7 days and gave a refund. On the two occasions the item came from China I got it within 10 days. Many products on lazada seem to be more expensive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Indeed, if you use a desktop there is no problem whatsoever using shopee (no experience with the app) apart that after a few days I have to login again. Delivery tends to be fast (I prefer domestic sellers which you can select on the left, in addition to a high number of positive ratings) and is mostly done by Shopee express. Tracking works well. They once lost a small package, notified me after 7 days and gave a refund. On the two occasions the item came from China I got it within 10 days. Many products on lazada seem to be more expensive.

IMO Lazada is run by a bunch of incompetents, I click on the English box, but it is still in

Thai. Dreadful website.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

IMO Lazada is run by a bunch of incompetents, I click on the English box, but it is still in

Thai. Dreadful website.

Set your browser to translate Thai, it will give you Lazada in English, or on the Lazada page, top right click on language or click on the Thai script, top right, then click on English.

• Thanks 1