Some hotels now charging extra guest fee

Pravda

Some hotels are starting to charge extra guest fee. I'm talking ihg in particular. Never liked this chain, but stayed quite a lot in Crowne Plaza in bangers. Probably my favorite hotel.

Just to make sure I checked Holiday Inn express at Siam. Extra guest fee is almost $30. Their price is now higher than high season pre covid.

Edited by Pravda
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The Hotel that my daughter works at, are not sharing the 

service charge fees between the workers , but had the cheek

to say they are using the money to recondition another

one of their hotels , without the service charge the wages

are meager ,but jobs are not easy to find,so they can get

away with it.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

The Hotel that my daughter works at, are not sharing the 

service charge fees between the workers , but had the cheek

to say they are using the money to recondition another

one of their hotels , without the service charge the wages

are meager ,but jobs are not easy to find,so they can get

away with it.

regards Worgeordie

Well in the tipping thread one poster was saying that hotels most definitely share service charges with staff.

Just now, Pravda said:

Well in the tipping thread one poster was saying that hotels most definitely share service charges with staff.

Not this one* , they already hold undated signed resignation letters,

so it's their way or the highway ,   * others too according to my daughter

who has friends at other hotels.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Surely that person would know the policy of the 12k+ hotels in Thailand.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Pravda said:

I am that person. And I know a couple of good hotel who give the service charge 100% to the people who work there (the normal people, not the management). But I also mentioned that obviously I don't know all hotels or even many hotels. 

I know from one 5 star hotel in Bangkok that they had at the back building entrance every month a comparison of about ten 5 star hotels in Bangkok and how much each hotel paid in service charge. The last time I saw this the monthly service charge for each person was about 10k to 15k per month in all those hotels.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:21 PM, worgeordie said:

they already hold undated signed resignation letters,

so it's their way or the highway ,   * others too according to my daughter

who has friends at other hotels.

I am pretty sure professional hotels from international chains wouldn't do that. But again, I obviously don't know all of them.

I don't know what are you people talking about. What a hell is a joiner fee? I'm talking about booking a room for 2 people (me and my wife) and getting charged extra guest fee. I've never seen this in Thailand. Ever.

Edited by Pravda

57 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I'd rather the same customers stayed away from my hotel. I'm a snob and they lower the tone.

Wait until the ' influencers '  contact you asking for freebies in return for a favorable review.

They claim to have xxx thousand subscribers and will get these people to look you up if only you will give them your product for free, whatever it is.

I had so many of these losers after me that I now just send them a copy and paste job advising them to get a real job if they want a secure income.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'm talking about booking a room for 2 people (me and my wife) and getting charged extra guest fee. I've never seen this in Thailand. Ever.

I think you're making this up. If you book a room through an OTA like Agoda and click the cheapest rate, it may be that the rate is for single occupancy. If so, it's entirely reasonable you be charged extra for turning up with someone else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I think you're making this up. If you book a room through an OTA like Agoda and click the cheapest rate, it may be that the rate is for single occupancy. If so, it's entirely reasonable you be charged extra for turning up with someone else.

Nothing to do whatsoever with cheapest rate 

Orbitz - extra guest fee 

Agoda - normal price...no extra guest fee.

Maybe it's some kind of a glitch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Nothing to do whatsoever with cheapest rate 

Orbitz - extra guest fee 

Agoda - normal price...no extra guest fee.

Maybe it's some kind of a glitch.

I thought you meant " joiner Fee ". I always booked room for two people and if the Mrs is working tell reception she be along after work. No problem.

Thought Orbitz same as Agoda? Maybe something I need to think about when eventually return to Bangkok

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, Pravda said:

Some hotels are starting to charge extra guest fee.

Those low-life mo-fos, how dare they charge extra when someone uses their towels, soap, and sleep in their beds?  Should be free right? 

1 hour ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

We have a big LED sign on the main road. It reads "No Belgians, and no TVF members"

The TVF member i get, but what is your beef with Belgians. (except the French ones the Dutch speaking ones are fine ????)

Edited by robblok
  • Haha 2