AZ to be main vaccine for unvaccinated, Pfizer used as booster for those with two AZ jabs

webfact

Global-economy-vaccine_web.jpg

(Photo by Thai PBS)

Thailand’s Disease Control Department (DCD) has unveiled its vaccination regimen for the month of January for unvaccinated over 18s and those who have appointments for second doses and those who want booster shots.

People over 18, who have not yet been vaccinated, will be receive the AstraZeneca vaccine for the first and second doses, AstraZeneca and Pfizer or Sinovac and AstraZeneca for the first and second doses.

Unvaccinated 12 to 17 year olds will receive two doses of Pfizer. Those who have made advance appointments for their second dose are required to show up at the appointed date and time.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/az-to-be-main-vaccine-for-unvaccinated-pfizer-used-as-booster-for-those-with-two-az-jabs/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

First one Sinovac. Second one AZ. Booster Pfizer done an hour ago. I'm good to go.

Pray tell how and where.  Did they call you or did you just pop in to wherever, and did they want to see the certificate, Mor Prom App or what?

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like your in a hold pattern until they announce that one....ugh

Will check out the UK websites, since they did the study of that mix and match.

Not low on fuel, can maintain hold.

• Like 1

First and second AZ in Australia. 

Pfizer booster Tuesday 14 Dec, passport and Thai drivers licence requested for identification. Picked up vaccination certificate 16 Dec, Photharam local hospital vaccination centre. No appointment was necessary

No side effects to date, so good to go until the next booster?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

First one Sinovac. Second one AZ. Booster Pfizer done an hour ago. I'm good to go.

At which day did you get the second AZ jab?

I got my second AZ on 30 September and I tried to book for Pfizer booster on 23 January....but it was refused with explanation that I did not meet the standard of the Ministry of Health

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So have they actually put this in writing and are they ding the boosters at 3 months as stated in an article last week? inquiring minds want to know?  Will the location you obtained the 2 AZ vaccines be scheduling the boosters or are you on your own to find a site and show them your vaccination certificate? Article leaves a lot out of what the actual terms and conditions are except for who jabbed with what already gets what booster vaccine.

Calm down! It's an early press release!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sagra said:

Can people here who know, tell me how long one must wait for the booster shot after getting Sinovac first shot and Astra Zeneca second shot? Is it three months or six months? Thanks

Sinovac/AstraZeneca jabs is 3-6 month wait on the bkk hospital bkk chart......

8 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

At which day did you get the second AZ jab?

I got my second AZ on 30 September and I tried to book for Pfizer booster on 23 January....but it was refused with explanation that I did not meet the standard of the Ministry of Health

Thats strange, my 2nd AZ was September 23, and able to get Moderna anytime after December 17.. today, according to bkk hospital bkk....

Edited by CANSIAM

16 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Calm down! It's an early press release!

Calm down now really, lol your hilarious.   No panick in my post, only questions.  But then you knew that and wanted to troll and bait.

Edited by ThailandRyan

had two az at srirach hospital ,just over 3 months ago phoned ,but they have not had information from govt for booster ,same city hospital here in Pattaya ,went to banglamung hospital ,told to go to National stadium,went and qued for 1.5 hours ,told would not get jab for 4 to 5 hours more ,it was heaving ,so gave up and came home .

Worse than a mix and match candy shop. First got sinovac, second astra now they want to give me Pfizer on the 20th. I really need to go to Europe next summer I'm not sure they'll accept such a cocktail of vacs for quarantine free travel. I wish they just gave me 2 shots of astra or 2 Pfizer. Hopefully will not turn out to be a complete waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1