AZ to be main vaccine for unvaccinated, Pfizer used as booster for those with two AZ jabs

webfact

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

there has been no actual confirmation for the boosters to be given at 3 months 

I think there has.    

December 14, 2021

The Thai government has decided to halve the period between the administration of a second dose of Covid-19 vaccine and a booster dose. The current waiting time between a second dose and a booster dose is 6 months. CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Wisanuyothin says this will now be reduced to 3 months in a bid to combat the Omicron variant

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Not an anti-vaxer but do read the number of people who have died because of the mRNA vax. Reports are 10s of thousands with 100s thousands with bad adverse reactions. Easy to find.

Link, please.

Incredible claims require incredible proof.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

Phayathai2 Int'l Hospital where I received two AZ jabs told me on the phone they're not doing vaccination anymore.

I don't want Pfizer. Want to stick with AZ due to autoimmune conditions.

Of course, I want a third dose but doc recommends not mRNA.

Any ideas?

I don't understand how AZ will be better concerning "autoimmune conditions". AZ has a problem because it uses a vector virus that your immune system may recognize and then destroy the vaccine. So there's already an issue with administering the second dose too close to the first. Later it was found that a 12 week spacing was more effective, and this may be because the vaccine was then not disabled by the immune system. So three AZ jabs is a stretch.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/12/covid-cases-surging-europe-america-denial

Besides the issue mentioned above, this article from 12 November has much insight including the following: "Decline below the anti-spike antibody threshold of 500 U/ml was reached at 96 days for AstraZeneca’s vaccine compared with 257 days for Pfizer’s." It is well established that an mRNA booster over AZ will be very effective in boosting your immunity, and with Omicron coming everyone should get vaccinated and boosted.

The author of the Guardian piece is Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute. He was interviewed today on al Jazeera:

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2021/12/16/what-will-the-pandemic-look-like-in-2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Not an anti-vaxer but do read the number of people who have died because of the mRNA vax. Reports are 10s of thousands with 100s thousands with bad adverse reactions. Easy to find.

8,5 Billion vaccines have been administered worldwide so far, (Not all mRNA admittedly).....

Do you even wish to compare that to how many Covid killed or subjected to severe illness, some chronic? You are  raving over finding a single weevil in a large sack of rice. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Let us know how you get on.  I was told this morning at MedPark I need to wait until notified as there has been no actual confirmation for the boosters to be given at 3 months except for those who had Sinovac, or Sinovac and AZ.

There must be some miscommunication somewhere, not surprising.

I can say that having had 2AZ, I got a Pfizer booster at walk-in center in CM exactly 90 days after. This was a few days ago. MorProm already shows that.

(about other posts who claim ill effects: I never felt better after each of the 3 shots)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

There must be some miscommunication somewhere, not surprising.

I can say that having had 2AZ, I got a Pfizer booster at walk-in center in CM exactly 90 days after. This was a few days ago. MorProm already shows that.

(about other posts who claim ill effects: I never felt better after each of the 3 shots)

The change from 6 mths to 3 mths was only decided a few days ago, so maybe some places still not caught up with the new regs.  Pfizer/Pfizer is still supposedly 6 mths, but I'm sure that will change also.

Happy boosting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

The change from 6 mths to 3 mths was only decided a few days ago, so maybe some places still not caught up with the new regs.  Pfizer/Pfizer is still supposedly 6 mths, but I'm sure that will change also.

Happy boosting.

Definitely. Changes do not filter everywhere instantly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

8,5 Billion vaccines have been administered worldwide so far, (Not all mRNA admittedly).....

Do you even wish to compare that to how many Covid killed or subjected to severe illness, some chronic? You are  raving over finding a single weevil in a large sack of rice. 

Never had any disagreement with the very low percentages. Just don't want to be one of the dead ones or serious adverse affects.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:49 PM, dinsdale said:

Amazing Thailand. AZ best time between jab 1 and 2 12 wks. Thailand says 3 wks. Boosters 6 months after last jab. Australia is bringing this back to 5 months. Thailand 3 months. It's crazy. When you take medication it is always advised to take as directed. Monks at one of my local temples have now had their 4th jab.

I had my first AZ on 8. june and the second on 31. august, so that was 12 weeks between and I had the 3. jab the other day it was Pfizer, 3,5 month after no. 2.

There is a lot of confusion about vaccination here in Thailand, but for me it have been OK and it have been free.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh the adverse reactions database that includes headaches, sniffles and anything else anyone wants to upload. Love to view those reports you claim of 10s of thousands deaths from mRNA?

So you looked at every entry and counted the number of of headaches, sniffles and anything. Love your diligence so can you post your numbers as that would be very interesting.

But why did you not count the number of dead people reported?

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh the adverse reactions database that includes headaches, sniffles and anything else anyone wants to upload. Love to view those reports you claim of 10s of thousands deaths from mRNA?

mRNA - 100% Safe and Effective!

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

So you looked at every entry and counted the number of of headaches, sniffles and anything. Love your diligence so can you post your numbers as that would be very interesting.

But why did you not count the number of dead people reported?

it also gives percentages of all the symptoms in categories, take a look if you want to be educated.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

No, just stating a point of view about mRNA, which I will not touch. Sorry if I ruffled your security blanket of doing what you are told.

It is doing what I deem to be sensible...... nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 2