Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli to appear at Phuket "countdown" - TAT spend 150 million on five NY events

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Business News

Bangkok Business News quoted Thailand minister for Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan as saying that Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli would appear at Phuket's New Year's eve countdown event.

The famed opera singer - blind since the age of 12 - will put in a 45 minute appearance on the 31st December before midnight.

The event at the Rama 10 park at Plai Saphan Hin beach is part of events entitled "Amazing Thailand Countdown 2022 - Amazing New Chapter".

There will be 20,000 fireworks. 

The Tourism of Thailand are spending 40 million baht on it. 

BNN reported this was from 2021 budgets and the event would receive other support.

A total of 110 million baht is being spent on four other countdown events by the TAT in Thailand:

At the Ratchapreuk Park in Chiang Mai in the north.

In Rayong at Laem Charoen Beach in the east.

At the town hall in Nakhon Ratchsima (Korat) in the north east.

And Wat Phraram temple in Ayutthaya in the central region. 

Attendees at the events must show evidence of an ATK or RT-PCR test within 72 hours and be double vaxxed. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-21

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

hailand minister for Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan as saying that Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli would appear at Phuket's New Year's eve countdown event.

Lets hope they remembered to tell Andrea Bocelli about this booking and also that they would have to quarantine for 7 days

Edited by smedly
  • Haha 2

Well, just make sure that Bocelli is not singing to an empty audience ......... I also like the fact, that the average Joe is prohibited to use fireworks yet the government officially burns millions of Baht - I for one never saw the need for such extravaganza ......... your call! 

2 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, just make sure that Bocelli is not singing to an empty audience ......... I also like the fact, that the average Joe is prohibited to use fireworks yet the government officially burns millions of Baht - I for one never saw the need for such extravaganza ......... your call! 

Maybe thats why they hired a blid singer !!  He could never see the audience. Or the fireworks.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Andrea Bocelli would appear at Phuket's New Year's eve countdown event.

I like his music.

I doubt the younger generation are going to brave the traffic and price gouging to see him though.

TAT will probably blame low attendance on camera angles.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

WHO urges cancellation of global holiday events over Omicron spread, Thai government says will continue-for now

Thai Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, responded to the WHO notification this morning, December 21st, that the government would consider the matter with related government agencies.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/12/21/who-urges-cancellation-of-global-holiday-events-over-omicron-spread-thai-government-says-will-continue-for-now/