Anutin: Thailand is not shut - it's only a temporary suspension of new registrations - check again Jan 4th

webfact

What became 'temporary' in March 2020 has stretched to 2 years. Hopefully, this 'temporary' is really temporary.

Thai government likes to flip flop and change often so it's difficult to plan for the future.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Everybody should be eligible. I walked in to an NHS facility here (UK) two days after arriving and was in and out in 12 minutes with a Pfizer booster in my arm. That’s how you protect your country. Not still faffing around with those who are entitled for a jab. Plus, once the UK realised Omicron was already here they cancelled the red list as there was no point trying stop it coming in anymore. Omicron is in Thailand, so continue with T&G. 

What I don’t understand is how Thais can enter and do as they like ? The last cluster of 31 ( ?) religious travelers coming back from Dubai ? Why did they go there in the first place ? I thought religious gatherings were a no go.  Also there is Th e Expo on in Dubai at the moment, so was it religious or a shopping spree for wealthy Thais.  Anyhow, Omicron is well on its way to being number one , so there’s no stopping it in Thailand now. Two options, live with it, vaccin everyone, boosters, or close down and bankrupt the country. Closing down will not get rid of Omicron. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Didn’t know people still used travel agents particularly the savvy young

I’m 71 and last used one more than 15 years ago.

More than 20 years in my case.

However if I were a busy , working man with a young familly , I would certainly let a travel agent take the strain.

For a 2 week Bangkok + beach package, prices can be very reasonable , especially in low season ( British summer time).

i booked my flight and my insurance and applied for a visa my next outgoing was

the SHA + hotel with pick-up from swampy and PCR after having a PCR before i

could leave the UK,  still waiting for the Thai Embassy in London

to decide if i can go back to my wife of 16 years with a visa or v-o-a i have sent all the

documents they asked for but still no decision, (16 days) me and a mate went through

the Olympian standard of hoop jumping with all the ''correct browser'' absolutely ridiculous , I got my Thailand pass.

and then i remember reading they wanted to know peoples

movements via their passports for the previous year? would  this make any difference, for the applicant ? as i do have a picture of my flight ticket and my booking confirmation email, but never realized i had them until i checked my old laptop. 

and any one who knows what that was about as i would be obliged if it helped.     

16 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Can't see them been let out after 1 day and then told to come back 5 days later for another test, that would mean they could be out wandering around with the covid. 

...and likely be surrounded by many others also wandering around with Covid

20 hours ago, fulhamster said:

But will they be free to leave after a first negative test ??

Or be kept in a hotel for 6 days until the second test ??

My guess is the second, you will be kept in the ASQ for 7 days. $$$$$$$

• Sad 1

I was initially upset about it , but after thinking about it more, it sounds like a reasonable approach.  Allow those that have already applied to come, suspend the program for new applications for a little while until we know more about the Omicron variant and how it will play out.

What is so unreasonable about that?   

• Like 2

There is a masterplan to put Thailand into the realms of a developing nation, similar to in the 1950s. The elite will distance father from the poor, increasing their wealth and more importantly, social rung. Also, only the diehard tourists will come, promoting the working, long-term foreigner to a status akin to the 50s Colonialist. Over time, the  poom pui, Thai-bashing, moaning retirees on internet forums with fade away, being replaced by quality, retired diplomats and English teachers. The nouveau-riche Buriram Noi will be forced back into her proper rung, in the paddy fields, dreaming of Gunther, Bert, Hank, and Bjorn financing her in the good ol' Pink Pussy days. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like fully vaccinated & boosted tourists are back to paying for 3 expensive  RT-PCR Tests in order to enter Thailand....one within 72 hours of flying, one upon arrival, & a third test 7 days later!   What's wrong with utilizing the less expensive rapid antigen tests???

21 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Looks like fully vaccinated & boosted tourists are back to paying for 3 expensive  RT-PCR Tests in order to enter Thailand....one within 72 hours of flying, one upon arrival, & a third test 7 days later!   What's wrong with utilizing the less expensive rapid antigen tests???

Third test is free.......

19 hours ago, farangnomore said:

T&G is not really "open".  It's a shorter, one-day quarantine with extra hassles, expenses and a huge gamble as to whether someone sitting close to you on the plane tests positive. 

Only true desperados would take this gamble for a holiday in Thailand.

Exactly. I know of three separate parties who cancelled everything yesterday, even though they had TP approved. There are too many moving parts that can smash the whole mechanism, if one element should fail. e.g the simple and very likely probability that if you catch Covid-19 on the plane, you will be in quarantine upon arrival. Omicron is rampant everywhere. You could be sitting in the airport of your departure and catch it then, missed in your pre-boarding PCR, picked up on your arrival PCR. Silly to travel unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, Daithi85 said:

Can't see them been let out after 1 day and then told to come back 5 days later for another test, that would mean they could be out wandering around with the covid. 

but that is what test and go is!!
even the sandbox, ur free to wander around phuket after u get ur negative result on ur arrival test>

this whole suspension of the test and go is a knee jerk reaction and all it will do is end any chances of a high season 

17 hours ago, zoza said:

i booked my flight and my insurance and applied for a visa my next outgoing was

the SHA + hotel with pick-up from swampy and PCR after having a PCR before i

could leave the UK,  still waiting for the Thai Embassy in London

to decide if i can go back to my wife of 16 years with a visa or v-o-a i have sent all the

documents they asked for but still no decision, (16 days) me and a mate went through

the Olympian standard of hoop jumping with all the ''correct browser'' absolutely ridiculous , I got my Thailand pass.

and then i remember reading they wanted to know peoples

movements via their passports for the previous year? would  this make any difference, for the applicant ? as i do have a picture of my flight ticket and my booking confirmation email, but never realized i had them until i checked my old laptop. 

and any one who knows what that was about as i would be obliged if it helped.     

It’s not only in London, Paris told me to wait maybe 6 weeks, and then it’s not guaranteed ! It’s a warning on their website. I contacted a good visa co in Paris and they confirmed. So I didn’t bother. My friend left after waiting over 3 weeks for his EVISA , this was November. Rubbish organisation.

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

I was initially upset about it , but after thinking about it more, it sounds like a reasonable approach.  Allow those that have already applied to come, suspend the program for new applications for a little while until we know more about the Omicron variant and how it will play out.

What is so unreasonable about that?   

Frankly, I'm not expecting the entry program to change back to TP any time soon. 

Once the old CEO/7-14 day quarantine has now been revised and engaged, they will probably stick to this for the near future - 

The so called January review is nothing short of rhetorical.

If Thailand Pass is out and no set of new rules is in , the fact is that the country is CLOSED . Is it open , yes , if you got your pass already , for anybody else , the country is closed , or is there any new system known ? They say a PCR day 1 and 7 , but as long as you can't ask a Thailand Pass , well how you going to get on a airplane and get to immigration ? Thailand Pass is still mandatory , everything else above that doesn't matter if you can't ask Thai Pass .

Also not mentioned , is it quarantine again after nr4 ,

BTW i do understand countries taking measures for Omicron , since it rages on very fast and it is still too soon to get good and clear results about hospital admissions / age ranges / working vaccinations with or without booster ....

But come on , basically the country is closed , because of the reasons i told , and no new set of rules in .