Israeli tourist who spent four days on the run after testing positive for COVID arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He didn't have COVID, what treatment do you think he should have had?

And how much do you think he should have paid for the treatment he didn't need?

100,000bht, 200,000bht?

we were trying to establish whether he knew he tested positive or not :

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Actually there is some doubt about him leaving and knowing he tested positive.

In Thailand anything is possible, my wife once tested negative for pregnancy, then had a baby.

in another thread you asked for an official source confirming asymptomatic infected COVID carriers could infect others, and this 2 years into the pandemic and you actively posting on forums...

my advice would be to troll less and to read more.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tgw said:

we were trying to establish whether he knew he tested positive or not :

in another thread you asked for an official source confirming asymptomatic infected COVID carriers could infect others, and this 2 years into the pandemic and you actively posting on forums...

my advice would be to troll less and to read more.

I'm fairly sure if you don't have any symptoms, and don't have COVID, then you can't spread the disease.

I also wonder if he could take the Thai test center to court for defamation.

Maybe even fraud, or criminal negligence.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm fairly sure if you don't have any symptoms, and don't have COVID, then you can't spread the disease.

I also wonder if he could take the Thai test center to court for defamation.

Maybe even fraud, or criminal negligence.

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, the pain is felt by others. Same when you're stupid.

I am weeping.

7 hours ago, chrissables said:

As anyone who is fully vaccinated with the magic juice can do the same should they be given hard punishment too?

Did any of these fully vaccinated people test positive, break out of the quarantine facility they were in and then go on the run through multiple areas?

Unless they did the comparison is not valid.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

5 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Everyone blaming the infected , what about crying about the Chinese who started it ,  it can’t be stopped and if you are all so scared lock yourself in home in your bubble 

Do you mean blaming the soup-brained who won't get vaccinated, then sure ???? 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm thinking you're the only one with that info ...

BTW ... I think they closed most of the field hospitals a while ago, as not needing.  

They are needed. They ae full. Call them what you want. Let's settle for 'quarantine wards' or 'quarantine hospitals'. The ones in Chonburi are busy and getting busier.

Edited by The Hammer2021

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They are needed. They ae full. Call them what you want. Let's settle for 'quarantine wards' or 'quarantine hospitals'. The ones in Pattaya are full.

The field hospitals are different things , different to regular hospitals .

Different buildings in different locations , which are probably closed 

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He is an arrogant, self centred spreader of disease who deserves severe punishment. Given the amount of Arabs and Iranians in the prison system he could be in for a hard time. His behavior is not unusual. Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais.

"Most expats who catch covid do not cooperate with the Thai authorities because they believe they are superior to Thais."

I think that is rubbish, but it would be intersting to know where you got your "facts" from - an outburst by Anutin perhaps?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Because getting vaccinated stops you getting it and spreading it , you think .  Why the vaccinated worry about the unvaccinated,   Who are the soup-brained

It doesn't stop it 100%, and literally no one said that. However, the evidence shows that being vaccinated does reduce your ability to spread it, and reduces the possibilities of serious illness and long term problems.  So year, I stand by my statement 100% - cos facts don't care about your feels ???? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, James105 said:

Something is definitely wrong here.   Stupid to leave the quarantine hotel but if as it turns out he is not infected then we have the equivalent of a wrongly convicted person escaping jail, getting the original conviction overturned, then having to go back to jail for the crime of escaping the jail he should never have been sent to in the first place. 

wrong analogy - in the crime story, the person knows about being innocent, in this case, there was a first positive test

1 minute ago, tgw said:

wrong analogy - in the crime story, the person knows about being innocent, in this case, there was a first positive test

The tests clearly cannot be trusted as demonstrated in this case.   The hotels have proven in the past they cannot be trusted and have been scamming tourists.   The person would have had to test negative before they left Israel and presumably felt perfectly healthy and did not trust either the test or the hotel so I don't think it is so black and white that he knew he was guilty, I'd suggest he thought the opposite hence the escape to go and get another test (there are other reports that is what he did).   

Its good that you trust the test, the hotels and the authorities here though.  Just be careful out there as some may take advantage of that!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

It doesn't stop it 100%, and literally no one said that. However, the evidence shows that being vaccinated does reduce your ability to spread it, and reduces the possibilities of serious illness and long term problems.  So year, I stand by my statement 100% - cos facts don't care about your feels ???? 

Just like the 2 cruise ships that are full of ONLY vaccinated people ,passengers and crew , which both now have COVID outbreak of over 50 people 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, James105 said:

The tests clearly cannot be trusted as demonstrated in this case.   The hotels have proven in the past they cannot be trusted and have been scamming tourists.   The person would have had to test negative before they left Israel and presumably felt perfectly healthy and did not trust either the test or the hotel so I don't think it is so black and white that he knew he was guilty, I'd suggest he thought the opposite hence the escape to go and get another test (there are other reports that is what he did).   

Its good that you trust the test, the hotels and the authorities here though.  Just be careful out there as some may take advantage of that!   

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He's tested positive for Omicron, just been announced.

there you go, James ...