One bystander killed, two participants seriously injured during vocational students fight in Bangkok

webfact

6ffbf31627bcaaaba9f936ffffaa31be9c0d50bacda220a6c3e86050318279dc-696x464.jpg

PHOTO: Siamrath

By Nop Meechukhun

Bangkok – A Thai national was killed and two more were injured while two groups of vocational students were fighting and firing weapons in front of a gas station in the Bang Khun Thian district of Bangkok yesterday night, December 29th.

Police officers from the Samae Dam Police Station and rescue volunteers arrived at the scene around 10:00 PM. after being alerted of the shooting incidents, involving vocational students and gas station employees.

Blood spatters was found around the scene. Three injured people were rushed to nearby hospitals, unfortunately, one was pronounced dead on the way to the hospital. His name was only known as Phummek, 20 years old, and was reportedly a bystander and not involved in the conflict, having been hit by a stray bullet.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/30/one-bystander-killed-two-participants-seriously-injured-during-vocational-students-fight-in-bangkok-last-night/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 12

51 minutes ago, Crusader said:

These fights between vocational students are a regular ocurrance, and often there is death or serious injury. Ultimately, the schools must be held responsible for not doing enough to stop this happening. 

One of my P.E. teachers in school had the best idea - any issues between students (all boys school) it was into the gym, boxing gloves on and let the steam off...and parents were in favour of this too.

School would have fights caused by the parents nowadays if they promoted boxing for the students. Teachers would end up in court because little jimmy got a bloody nose.  Then when little jimmy was in serious trouble at age 16 it would be the schools fault for teaching violence.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crusader said:

These fights between vocational students are a regular ocurrance, and often there is death or serious injury. Ultimately, the schools must be held responsible for not doing enough to stop this happening. 

One of my P.E. teachers in school had the best idea - any issues between students (all boys school) it was into the gym, boxing gloves on and let the steam off...and parents were in favour of this too.

A 19th century Oxbridge solution, but the oldest ideas are usually the best.

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

We live within a clan based society, where social groupings, tribalism, nationalism, xenophobia, and allegiance to the group is more valued than individual right or wrong.

Like it or hate it.. It 'is' and it will not rapidly change..  

Unfortunately, the constant efforts at promoting "unity" can have some downsides.

Many families treat their children as faultless. throughout their childhood they are allowed to do anything without correction or reprimand.  This extends to the tragic family circumstance of a 50 year old alcoholic, who has been hospitalised 3 times, with  2 heart failures and subsequent comas.  Everytime he returns to the family and continues to drink again with no criticism or attempt to modify his behaviour.

• Like 2

There was a video on Thai news last night it showed what looked like a gas station attendant hiding behind a sign next to a pump and it appeared a bullet went through the sign and hit him in the abdomen.  It showed him running off a little ways until out of camera range.  I don't know if this is the one that died.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crusader said:

I'd imagine that here, the loser of that arranged boxing match, will brood over the result, getting angrier and angrier before getting together 6-10 of his mates and beating the winner to death.

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

We live within a clan based society, where social groupings, tribalism, nationalism, xenophobia, and allegiance to the group is more valued than individual right or wrong.

Local Westside style Story 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Quite right what you say , just look at Rangers and Celtic for example . 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Thailand has this stupid ideal that all students must wear uniforms, thus making them a target of rival schools.  i was lucky enough to go to u.s. high school and we could wear whatever.  here everyone same same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

No fights at inter-school sports competitions..........nothing.

No inter school sport comps?

Surprised as we played weekly against other schools at basket ball, volleyball and I think football, cricket and hockey - but cannot remember as not involved in those.

Even in junior (up to age 11) I remember playing a cricket match against another school ........

Same thing happens in England. There was a gang fight outside my local 6th form college. Fortunately in the UK guns are not easy to get hold of and at that time it wasn't common to carry knives. Drug dealers were parking their cars outside waiting for the 6th formers to leave until the police cracked down after mounting a surveillance operation. The area is one of the nicest areas in my city and this was not expected.