What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

I believe the movie I was referring to was called "Fists of Fury", and it had nothing to do with martial arts. 

Internet connection went down for me so was unable to post for a while, but I can't find any movie called that but not about martial arts. Are you sure it was called by that name, after all, fists and fury give an indication the movie isn't a rom con.

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Tiring of all the police/crime dramas/documentaries predominant in this forum, I checked through my media library and found one others may enjoy. Marco Polo, a 2 season series maybe 7 years old, that I had not yet watched. Half way through the second season and it's still captivating.

Likely not PC to watch it as it was made by the Weinstein Company.

Don't worry about it. If it's good it's good, regardless.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nobody ever thought  Slough was nice!

Thus the poet John Betjman wrote:

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!

'Twas but a quip dear poster!

PS. It became a much improved town in the years after the poem, and also had a good football team in the late 60s, played against them a few times!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Teacher

New 4 part series starting tonight.

A teacher is accused of having slept with a student, but she can't remember anything about it as she was drunk at the time.

Just a general question - Does UK Channel 5 have a catchup / on demand / web player? Theres very rarely anything worth watching in Ch5, but when I check the website, its says it under maintenance or something.

13 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just a general question - Does UK Channel 5 have a catchup / on demand / web player? Theres very rarely anything worth watching in Ch5, but when I check the website, its says it under maintenance or something.

An app/web player called My5.

54DA97DB-8217-463D-9C6F-F6B82F9906AA.thumb.png.66884714488d0db32d01f3fb796aff56.png

I rarely watch this so not sure about catch up or on demand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

An app/web player called My5.

54DA97DB-8217-463D-9C6F-F6B82F9906AA.thumb.png.66884714488d0db32d01f3fb796aff56.png

I rarely watch this so not sure about catch up or on demand.

Sorry, I meant like a web player like BBC iplayer site, rather than an app - but thanks anyway.

I was thinking it may be geoblocked even when using a vpn. Its no worries, I think I have watched one CH5 drama in the last year or so but even still whenever I check the site its this screen, seems strange for a major TV channel not to have a functioning website.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 16.10.51.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I've watched the odd show using a vpn on their website.

I usually just wait till it drops for downloading now.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Good question. C4 and ITV have  rather unsatisfactory apps riddled with adverts. I usually  wait for them to reach FSTV sites but some series never do for example: 'My family and other animals'

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Internet connection went down for me so was unable to post for a while, but I can't find any movie called that but not about martial arts. Are you sure it was called by that name, after all, fists and fury give an indication the movie isn't a rom con.

Did you watch that Australian production about Singapore before the authorites clamped down on fun and vice there..Serangoon Road? From the Boogi street days?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Sorry, I meant like a web player like BBC iplayer site, rather than an app - but thanks anyway.

I was thinking it may be geoblocked even when using a vpn. Its no worries, I think I have watched one CH5 drama in the last year or so but even still whenever I check the site its this screen, seems strange for a major TV channel not to have a functioning website.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 16.10.51.png

Okay, the website ( channel5.com ) does indeed seem to be broken.

The app does play but seems, as the Hammer said, to be plagued with advertising.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It was a series of Max Hardcore videos. I must be more perverted than most of you.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Enjoyed "The Staircase"... Warning the 1st episode is a bit slow & the 2nd one only a little quicker but it does turn into a fascinating (true life) story]...

I tried that one a while back and gave up on it because it was slow.

I don't have Netflix anymore but I'll download it and give another go. Thanks. 

Edit ****

I should have looked first----I see now that Andrew has already put it out........... duh............:omfg:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Teacher----Mini series Ch 5 --- 4 episodes--- I took from Chaos , but sure it will be around.

(Female teacher}-Jenna Garvey is a popular teacher, but beneath the veneer of professional respectability she is emotionally troubled and seeks to numb her pain with alcohol and promiscuity. After a night out celebrating a promotion, she is accused of sleeping with 15-year-old Kyle Hope, one of her pupils,

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Did you watch that Australian production about Singapore before the authorites clamped down on fun and vice there..Serangoon Road? From the Boogi street days?

Sadly I missed that.

Great days then, and like in Thailand now, I doubt ever to be recreated. It's a different world now.

While I was never that desperate, my world was a better place when such as Virgin's Corner ( in Nee Soon ) existed.

Seems to me that the woke and PC took over while we were not watching and it's too late for fun anymore. A sad and boring world awaits after covid ends, IMO.

Children's TV on Trial -----Doco....TVChaos  5 hours

I dont think you can find this anywhere but Chaos--- Also its a few years old -but Chaos re shows a lot of older stuff you may have missed at the time. , This  takes you through 5 decades of Children's TV programs showing how they have changed  from the 1950s to the 1990s, covering the social trends and behind-the-scenes stories in each decade.

I have only just started viewing it----Nice piece of social history.

• Like 1

This was an interesting watch.

RAR.

BBC: Sold: Sex Slaves Next Door.

In every corner of the UK, women are being kept as slaves and sold for sex. Many are trafficked into the country from Romania. With police struggling to stop this brutal business, Jean Mackenzie heads on a journey into Romania's underworld to expose how it all begins.

It's a world where traffickers have learnt to game the system; where, when children vanish, their disappearances are ignored. As Jean meets the girls being bought and sold, she uncovers the shocking secrets of this ruthless trade. Have the traffickers created an unstoppable crime?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Will27 said:

This was an interesting watch.

RAR.

BBC: Sold: Sex Slaves Next Door.

In every corner of the UK, women are being kept as slaves and sold for sex. Many are trafficked into the country from Romania. With police struggling to stop this brutal business, Jean Mackenzie heads on a journey into Romania's underworld to expose how it all begins.

It's a world where traffickers have learnt to game the system; where, when children vanish, their disappearances are ignored. As Jean meets the girls being bought and sold, she uncovers the shocking secrets of this ruthless trade. Have the traffickers created an unstoppable crime?

I loved the first section, the guy in charge was telling the camera that the girls were venerable and they needed a soft approach, get the girls on our side, don’t spook them - then it cuts to a crowd of officers breaking in the door, charging in and shouting at the top of their voices - the guy in charge comments that was the opposite of what the brief was. 

Good documentary

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Enjoyed "The Staircase"... Warning the 1st episode is a bit slow & the 2nd one only a little quicker but it does turn into a fascinating (true life) story]...

Also enjoyed The Rules of The Game... 

Oh & am really enjoying the Responder, though I agree the accents aren't great (I'm from the Warrington so did laugh when the kids called the WPC a "Wooly" ???? ).

Wooly was the term used by PCPO/CID to describe uniformed police I thought.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sadly I missed that.

Great days then, and like in Thailand now, I doubt ever to be recreated. It's a different world now.

While I was never that desperate, my world was a better place when such as Virgin's Corner ( in Nee Soon ) existed.

Seems to me that the woke and PC took over while we were not watching and it's too late for fun anymore. A sad and boring world awaits after covid ends, IMO.

I don't understand  when you say you missed Serangoon Rd. It's on tinyzonetv.to  now

I watched it last week. Its a pretty good crime drama with an insight into old Singapore.

But regarding societal changes: the puritanical values being espoused now historically happen every so often from Salem to Mccarthy, Mao's Red revolution  to the Stalin era with denunciation, accusations and puritanical  rage gripping people. But it will die down as there is a pendulum  effect in society. 'For every action there is an equal and opposite  reaction'. This era of mass hysteria McArthyism will dissappear into the mists of history and their  will be great movies and documentaries  made about these toxic  times as there will be films about covid and pandemics. There is already stuff in production  including a covid comedy and a pandemic series  Station 11 has been released. A new comedy novel has been published recently  too. WFH is ripe for both comedy  and drama

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

Yet another series about Nilsen the serial killer. This one focused on humanizing the victims instead of just looking at the killer and also about how severe homophobia within the police, press, and public likely led to there being many more victims than there had to be.

Strong evidence is presented to prove that premise.

A sub heading might well be Gay Lives Matter even if they're rent boys.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Also enjoyed The Rules of The Game... 

Oh & am really enjoying the Responder, though I agree the accents aren't great (I'm from the Warrington so did laugh when the kids called the WPC a "Wooly" ???? ).

Rules of the game-another PC diversity series, not sure if it was meant to be a comedy along the lines of the office, seems not. Clearly one or two actors cast for other reasons than their lamentable acting abilities. Got half way through the first one.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sinner is a four series physiological drama about crime and the reasons behind individuals  crimes however I got a bit bored with it and decided to watch a more entertaining, less onerous production Bates Motel which is a fast moving, well produced American  drama as a sequel to Hitchcock's Psycho. Very entertaining

• Like 1