What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 6/23/2022 at 3:19 PM, SooKee said:

Jesus.  First time I've used 1337x.to.  How on earth do you get to download anything?  Every time I click any of the download options it opens up some damn advert for Lazada, Gearbest or whatever.  Anything BUT download ????.  Normally clicking the Magnet link would open up my bit torrent app., this just opens another bloody ad, every time.

Edge and chrome both have  "AdGuard AdBlocker" available from their Extensions page.

The program is free and really does work in blocking all adds and pop-ups.

Have been using it for long time and never get any pop-ups from any site, including this one.

RARBG is the only site a bit touchy and sometimes wants to fill a captcha, but small price to for being ad free.

With Torrents, Magnet is the way to go, always use Magnet download. 

• Like 2

First of all, an oldie but goodie, a wonderful classic gay themed short film about bullying and the love of show tunes called Trevor.

Watch here if you missed it before:

That was made into an off Broadway musical, Trevor The Musical, now available.

One of things I knew I would miss when I moved to Thailand from the U.S. was live theater so I'm always happy to see filmed versions of stage shows. Not the same but better than nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An old-looking Mr Bean has surfaced in 9 ten minute episodes of Man v Bee. A bit predictable even though he has dialogue.

'I've just started watching season 1 of La Promesse (The Promise)'  Thank you -  I will definitely give this a whirl as the sub-titles will help with my old-age hearing loss.

• Like 2

Bradford on Duty

RAR

With wide-ranging access to Bradford’s public services, this new five-part series, produced by Dragonfly North (part of Banijay UK), takes viewers to the heart of Northern England and speaks to the men and women dedicated to making the city a better place for its communities.

I Went Undercover

RAR

Undercover work is the most exciting, but risky part of law enforcement. However, when everyday citizens with no formal training go undercover, anything can happen. Doing the right thing has never been more dangerous.

• Like 2

The Janes 2022

101 mins.

Fmovies and elsewhere.

'The Janes' tells the revelatory story of a group of unlikely outlaws. Defying the state legislature that outlawed abortion, the Catholic Church that condemned it, and the Chicago Mob that was profiting from it, the members of “Jane” risked their personal and professional lives to support women with unwanted pregnancies in the pre-Roe v. Wade era. Premieres June 8 on HBO Max.'

On 6/23/2022 at 3:52 PM, SooKee said:

I have an ad-blocker too, no idea what the grief is with 1337.

Going back to your original post where you mentioned that 1337 was giving you some grief, well I've just started experiencing that myself with all sorts of strange links being shown when I want to download or look at the IMDb rating on it!!

I have just installed an antivirus because I thought I might have a virus, but that didn't seem to work so I may well transfer Malwarebytes over from my other laptop to see what happens.

On a completely different subject I have watched the first 2 episodes of, "The Old Man" and apparently there are 2 more available, yet I haven't been able to find them, so any ideas as to where they may be?? Anybody??

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Going back to your original post where you mentioned that 1337 was giving you some grief, well I've just started experiencing that myself with all sorts of strange links being shown when I want to download or look at the IMDb rating on it!!

I have just installed an antivirus because I thought I might have a virus, but that didn't seem to work so I may well transfer Malwarebytes over from my other laptop to see what happens.

On a completely different subject I have watched the first 2 episodes of, "The Old Man" and apparently there are 2 more available, yet I haven't been able to find them, so any ideas as to where they may be?? Anybody??

Episode 3 is at the usual places like RAR.

AFAIK, episode 4 hasn't been released as yet.

• Thanks 1

I have been following this thread now for just a few months. It's given some good as well as bad recommendations for series and movies.

I used to dl torrents and currently have about 12Tb+ loaded on my NAS but have opted to stop storing them as I only occasionally go back and re-watch a handful.

The problem that I used to have was remembering if I had watched something before or not. However years ago I dl an easy to use app that provides a controlled db for all. It's called EMDB. Does anyone else use this?

https://www.emdb.eu/

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Yes I looked at the all the issue another fellow kindly posted and I effectively have all those things in place.  It's as if each one of the 3-4 coloured download option 'buttons' now does a re-direct to some junk site.  I also have ad blockers in place and do frequent malware scans.  I've actually never used that site before, definitely won't be using it again.

Currently on a WW2 Naval Warfare frenzy:

Tora Tora Tora (excellent and IMO still the best Pearl movie)

Midway

Battle of the River Plate

Sink the Bismark

Pearl Harbour (or let's turn what was a military disaster, for the US at least (19 ships lost, 180 aircraft and 3,500+ killed / wounded), into a 3 hour, mostly pointless, romance movie and shift the focus onto two guys who shot down 5 planes and then hung up their fighter wings to become bomber pilots.  Better to split it into two movies so as to be able to give the romance twoddle a wide berth.  Good action scenes for the Pearl attack though, just the other 150 minutes that were dull.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, Beachcomber said:

Edge and chrome both have  "AdGuard AdBlocker" available from their Extensions page.

The program is free and really does work in blocking all adds and pop-ups.

Have been using it for long time and never get any pop-ups from any site, including this one.

RARBG is the only site a bit touchy and sometimes wants to fill a captcha, but small price to for being ad free.

With Torrents, Magnet is the way to go, always use Magnet download. 

Yep.  I only ever use the Magnet link.  But just clicking that, even with an ad-blocker, does a site re-direct to whatever junk site it decides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

According to RARBG Episode 4 has not been released yet...

image.png.80412fb164f0767cec470d7ba4f2fac7.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I have been following this thread now for just a few months. It's given some good as well as bad recommendations for series and movies.

I used to dl torrents and currently have about 12Tb+ loaded on my NAS but have opted to stop storing them as I only occasionally go back and re-watch a handful.

The problem that I used to have was remembering if I had watched something before or not. However years ago I dl an easy to use app that provides a controlled db for all. It's called EMDB. Does anyone else use this?

https://www.emdb.eu/

I don’t know about EMDB, will have a  look. I have a lot of programs saved and I have them all listed on an Excel spreadsheet, which works for me. I add the date of next episodes, new seasons and shows, with colour coding for the relevant genre/box.

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

I had similar problem with EZTV (& still do) Then I found that if I picked the program I wanted --but before downloading, or going to IMDB  I just pressed refresh, then carried on. Seemed to solve the problem.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1