Why Thailand is facing embarrassment on the sporting world stage

webfact

Typical Thailand, thinking they can do what they want on the world stage, and all will be ok.

Surprised no one tried to bribe someone to get it sorted. LOL.

The master race losing face. got to laugh.

But do feel a bit sorry for the players, getting caught up in this.

TIT.

• Like 2

"Thailand  was considered one of the top 6 countries  in the world  for it containment of Covid" 

This was based on their excellent low level of cases and deaths. 

Unfortunately these statistics were based on an absurdly low level of testing. If you don't Seek, you won't Find! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well I enjoy watching, and used to enjoy playing, cricket.

But I do rather understand those not enthusiastic about the game, needing to be stoned out of their minds to watch it...

do you know the shaggy dog story about the man lost in the desert who found a cricket ball?

On 12/31/2021 at 1:46 PM, law ling said:

From the linked article:

"... as punishment for Thailand’s failure to fully implement the global anti-doping code."

So there's the problem.

I wonder if there's a solution?

So they've broken the drugs rules, get banned  let's blame the governement 

They'll be blaming farangs next

Maybe its prostitution's fault that doesn't exist....

Edited by hellohello123

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

What I said is a joke, which you have misinterpreted.  I have been brainwashed by my Thai wife who warned me daily of the dangers of sounding my horn at the thousands of poor Thai drivers I encounter almost daily.

She is right, listen to her!

They don't like the horn up 'em.

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Who really give a rat’s ass whether Americans are watching Thailand sport best. 

Funny.. look up who really pays to get the Olympic Games happen in large part? US pays more in TV rights than all other countries combined! No one disputes US is the largest sporting/TV market. Do you really think we care who watches the NFL or MLB outside of the US? We don't look to be validated by anyone. Thailand does. That's the difference.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 5:30 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

Just wait until Lying is an Olympic event or rug dealing?

They'd be hard pressed to outdo the current aussie prime minister. Every time he opens his mouth he tells more lies than Prayut and all his cronies combined.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

They'd be hard pressed to outdo the current aussie prime minister. Every time he opens his mouth he tells more lies than Prayut and all his cronies combined.

Boris Johnson would be a good match then regarding lying, he would'nt recognise the truth if it stood up and peed on him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, Eric Loh said:

Who really give a rat’s ass whether Americans are watching Thailand sport best. Sports like Badminton, football, volleyball and recent Olympic successes brought happiness and galvanized the Thai people. Regional countries have lots of respect for Thailand sporting achievements and really not much for American sports.

Olympic successes or success ? How many gold medals ?

10 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Boris Johnson would be a good match then regarding lying, he would'nt recognise the truth if it stood up and peed on him!

Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. 

7 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I think one so it should be success and not successes. As far as I remember it was only the girl with karate or something like that.

Not bad for a small nation with a total of 35 Olympic medals of which 10 were gold. That lone Tokyo 2021 karate gold won by Ms Panipak was a great achievement considering big sporting country like USA has not won any karate gold ever in Olympic history. 

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2021 at 4:25 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Nobody has been killed at  traffic light as a result  of being criticised. Yes road rage exists in Thailand  and many other countries where serious injuries  and fatalities  are not rare

"At the time reports in Thai media say he was sitting in the road with a few friends when three men pulled up on motorbikes and started revving their engines. Luke then pulled his friends away, at which point the Thai men allegedly unleashed a savage assault on Luke."

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/british-man-stuck-in-thailand-facing-jail-for-defending-himself

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Not bad for a small nation with a total of 35 Olympic medals of which 10 were gold. That lone Tokyo 2021 karate gold won by Ms Panipak was a great achievement considering big sporting country like USA has not won any karate gold ever in Olympic history. 

I don't know which small nation you mean and which great acchievement. Thailand 1 gold medal and 1 bronze. USA approx 5 X the Thai population 113 medals ! What a great acchievement for Thailand.

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Which of course has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. 

You're so quick did you also notice it was in answer to another poster that also had nothing to do with the topic, just banter sorry if it threw you though! 

11 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

You're so quick did you also notice it was in answer to another poster that also had nothing to do with the topic, just banter sorry if it threw you though! 

It was UK politics... of little interest to a Thailand forum.... and many prefer to hear naught of it. 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:28 PM, Eric Loh said:

Small nation? What are you smoking? You put Thailand in Europe, it's a MASSIVE country - both in terms of land mass and population! Are you Singaporean? Now Singapore is small, if that gives you any perspective. We don't care about Karate. Who in the first world gives a rat's ass about karate? They don't even show is on TV in the US and I'm sure no one in western Europe either.