Covid testing in Pattaya, Restaurants and everywhere else....

redwood1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:04 PM, MarcelV said:

No problems here. I went to several places (restaurant, bar, GC) and got tested no where.

Nobody was wearing masks either. It will all blow over mates.

That's the opposite  of no problem. It's a big problem for the licence owner..If places don't  cooperate they can and should, be shut down

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

That's the opposite  of no problem. It's a big problem for the licence owner..If places don't  cooperate they can and should, be shut down

Nah... They won't do that for now.

The cat is out of the bag already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I know one fella tested positive on  his second test on Saturday, they told to go to his room and an ambulance would come for him, up until now he is still in his room and no contact from anyone ?

Probably swamped with all the others, best you just isolate in your room

• Like 1

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Testing will most likely only be enforced (maybe) at the places they want gone like bars and clubs... 

Or such places they deem as 'unnecessary' mixing. It was always the point in the pandemic that markets were a necessity in Thailand, as the only place many can get food. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:14 AM, thurien said:

no reason to be s.h.i.t. scared now! I have a byrd in Patty and whenever we are together she just orders all the food and drinks we need, great house party. And the pool and beach are no danger

Not <deleted> scared at all but don't need to go, so I will stay away, better beaches down Sattahip way and enough shopping, no lady in Pattaya to worry about, married 14 year.

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If I would be forced to get tested each time I want to lunch or dine outside, I'd be thrown back to the cooking skills of my GF. That's more scaring than the virus ????

One test is valid for 72 hours....

Tried to eat dinner at a restaurant on the Darkside but they were asking for the ATK test proof.  Partner and I ate at home instead.  We were surprised this restaurant was requiring it as it is small, very out-of-the-way, and we were the only customers--perhaps others had also left.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some Bars...Restaurants...Bar whatever...have ATK Test kits and guests can do the test. 60B.

Other places just ignore as usual.

At least one of those got a visit from the Police a few hours ago.

This will intense with begin of Sunday, 9th i think.

Edited by Mentors65

8 hours ago, LarrySR said:

The infections from the New Year super spreader parties will be kicking in this week.

If the hospital fill up, the next lockdown commences, I predict.

The benefit to hospitals from any imminent lock down will not be realized for weeks later, meanwhile, a percentage of the currently infected will become sick, but told to go home, due to no beds available in a hospital.  If / when that happens, the undertakers will be busy, going from condo block to condo block.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morpheus42 said:

They contributed to the natural immunity of a virus with a 99.9%+ survival route in the young and healthy.

So what everyone else did before March 2020.

You people went into complete collective madness.

So far the survival rate seems to be 99%... I see no reason to exclude the non young and less healthy. All part of the global population. Unless one had an agenda! You were there ahead of us it seems. 

On 1/4/2022 at 7:48 PM, SidJames said:

Can you legally be stopped & tested when going about your business in Thailand?

I saw a news report that there is a police unit doing this in London where they have rights to do that.

Sounds unlikely... probably some distorted news report. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So far the survival rate seems to be 99%... I see no reason to exclude the non young and less healthy. All part of the global population. Unless one had an agenda! You were there ahead of us it seems. 

Because every other disease, flu, tuberculosis, whatever, all these diseases that no one cares about, they are all much more dangerous for the old and sick.