Omicron Wave Expected to be Less Severe Than Delta

snoop1130

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yet elsewhere around the world this is exactly what's happening.

For some reason everyone is becoming infected with Omicron and by some unknown mechanism this is stopping the spread of Delta.

I believe it's due to immunity between the  common viruses.

One thing did strike me though, Delta does appear to avoid whatever hurdle was in place during the 2020 strain spread in Thailand, we don't know if this is the case with Omicron as it did not evolve from Delta at all.

Personally  I suspected the high temperature and humidity combination did a lot to slow down the original covid variants during 2020, that situation only seemed to change when Delta came along in 2021. With Omicron I wonder if the temperature and humidity will again play a factor in delaying the spread of Omicron. If it does then there are some not so great scenarios that I can think of, like the tropical regions of the world becoming a human reservoir for Delta.

One thing's for sure - if they don't 'allow' Omicron to spread around then it definitely won't replace Delta.

I agree about the climate effect and with the hot season approaching we could see a reduction of infections , as was the case previously in Thailand . One theory about the lightening spread of omicron globally  

( its even in the Arctic ) is that the virus is airborne and even with high levels of border checks/ testing , they will not stop the virus invasion . One might say that if your going to catch covid , now is the time to get it as it is less potent than the delta but will still bolster your immunity . 

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

with only 47 million people fully vaxed, the mass gatherings at New Year celebrations, the hospitals will burst, because everyone has to go to the hospital if positive...Less severe doesn't mean you will not get sick, maybe you will not die so quickly, and with a lot of people sick the whole country will be derailed..

won't get sick, but i have heard that you wish that you where dead

16 hours ago, ukrules said:
18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Medical researchers have indicated that while the Omicron coronavirus variant is unlikely to replace the Delta variant due to genetic differences

Yet elsewhere around the world this is exactly what's happening.

I suspect that this is a just careless mistake in reporting. It should read 'likely' not 'unlikely'.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

If some of the things I hear about the situation in Pattaya are true, the Hospitals are already bursting.

Yep bursting with folks with hardly any covid symptoms apart from a slight sniffle having to quarantine in a hospital 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

with only 47 million people fully vaxed, the mass gatherings at New Year celebrations, the hospitals will burst, because everyone has to go to the hospital if positive...Less severe doesn't mean you will not get sick, maybe you will not die so quickly, and with a lot of people sick the whole country will be derailed..

Chin up old boy! Do try to be a bit more positive and just wait and see.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Petey11 said:

70% vaccinated with one jab? You need 2 or 3 by reports to provide good protection from Omicron. This could be the problem approaching in Thailand. Girlfriend had it and was definitely not a cold according to her, she said "I don't want u get COVID, it not good". One jab Sinovac and one jab AZ about 2 months ago. 

Or maybe she just got her immune system crushed by the "vaccines"?! ????‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday 3 guys at my job was positive in Sweden.

Today I have to test 28 men...

My test 3 weeks ago showed positive for covid but after a check at hospital it said negative. I got the seasonal flue which was 10 times worse than the 2 times I got covid ,which only lasted 1 day.

The antigen test shows positive for other infections in body. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

Or maybe she just got her immune system crushed by the "vaccines"?! ????‍♂️

Has this actually been proven to have happened to anyone? Sounds like anti vaxer BS to me.

1 minute ago, chang1 said:

Has this actually been proven to have happened to anyone? Sounds like anti vaxer BS to me.

lol. Some of the people I know that got vaxxed are completely destroyed now. Getting sick all the time, much more often than the unvaxxed I know.

Might have as well to do with the fact that the unvaxxed people I know are generally more conscious about their body and health, but that is at least my own observation and anecdotal evidence.

Some having some other "nice" serious health issues since their vaccination. One got severe migraine, the other is developing red rashes on his arm since then, a female friend got her period messed up since months.

So yeah, it doesn't put a good light on you if you discredit all experiences from other people that you dislike as "anti vaxer BS".

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Please! People need to get on with their lives. While I believe the shutdown measures were justified in the early days of the pandemic all they are doing now is further destroying the economy, destroying people’s livelihoods, and creating severe poverty. 

Most countries only lockdown if their health system is at risk of being overloaded. For example the UK is being prepared for upto 25% of health workers self isolating. Couple that with hospitals that are normally busy in the winter having large numbers of hospitalised Omicron cases and you will see why restrictions can't be ruled out. 

Vaccinations are the best way to keep things normal but we all know how slow some are to get that message. An anti vaxer friend of my father has been laid up in bed for 2 weeks now but "it's not covid". He refuses to take a test as he doesn't believe in them! This is how brainwashed some of them are. It's OK to not trust vaccines or think covid19 is a lie but when you have a chance to get some personal proof that you are wrong, why would you avoid it? Deniers need to think more critically. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Watching the UK news today someone was claiming the omicron variant is no less severe than delta it is just that some many people are now vaccinated and boosted and/or have had covid19 that it appears to be less aggressive?????

From what I understand, Omicron is (a lot) more infectious and makes more people sick, but they generally become less sick and less people die from it, even those who are not vaccinated. I’ve heard virologists say they hope Omicron will soon become the dominant variant world wide.

19 minutes ago, chang1 said:

In other words - no

I know someone who crashed their van after being vaccinated. Doesn't mean they are connected in any way. Being several times over the alcohol limit was probably more the problem. 

Being vaccinated doesn't stop all other health issues. I have not seen any side effects of vaccines in people I know so that proves my point 100%. 

Where are the facts and figures? As your anecdotal observations are hardly proof of anything - those people could have had all the same symptoms even if they were unvaccinated. Also bear in mind people who have been observing  covid restrictions have been kept away from other diseases so will be more susceptible to them as restrictions are lifted.

PS. I don't dislike you at all. I just want to get at the truth. Vaccines may be a disaster yet to be found but so far I  have not seen any proof of that. They will never be perfect and there will be some worse off by being vaccinated but overall the evidence is that the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages and they work much better than most thought was possible. 

I actually know now three people who died from the vaccine and one young mother who gave a stillbirth two days after her shot.

Sure, now you can again say there is no evidence of a connection between the deaths and the vaccinations. But it would be a very weird coincidence, as nothing of that happened to unvaxxed people I know. And two of the three deaths are from blood clotting related issues. Two heart attacks due to blood clots, one was undetermined.

By the way, there was NO reporting of these cases to any vaccine side effect database.

So how should anyone anyway determine if there is a connection between the deaths and the vaccinations? It is difficult. And how you determine that on the other hand people are dying from COVID, just because they got a positive test?

I just dislike that double-standard in observing things and I think it is a main reason for the different POVs we got.

And the most severe side-effect of all this COVID thing is in its name already, the CertificateOfVaccinationID. That people getting digitalized, getting a QR-Code and need them soon to check in and check out everywhere. Being marked and tracked like a pet.

This paired together with the CBDCs coming and we are on the straight way into a dystopian digital nightmare of full governmental control.

No matter how anyone thinks about vaccination itself, I respect your opinion and if you want to get vaccinated please go ahead, but I think we should all agree on the point that we should not let the people in power use the situation to put all of us into a digital prison from where we cannot escape anymore, as soon as it is implemented.

As soon as cash is gone and CBDCs are standard, the central banks have the total control over you. If they dislike what you do, they can just temporarily disable your CBDC-account until you obey again.
So lets stop bitching around and hating each other, and lets start standing together to prevent this dystopian nightmare with digital vaccination passports, QR codes and CBDCs from getting reality. It is not too late and we the people got the true power.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morpheus42 said:

lol. Some of the people I know that got vaxxed are completely destroyed now. Getting sick all the time, much more often than the unvaxxed I know.

Might have as well to do with the fact that the unvaxxed people I know are generally more conscious about their body and health, but that is at least my own observation and anecdotal evidence.

Some having some other "nice" serious health issues since their vaccination. One got severe migraine, the other is developing red rashes on his arm since then, a female friend got her period messed up since months.

So yeah, it doesn't put a good light on you if you discredit all experiences from other people that you dislike as "anti vaxer BS".

And 5 million people have died from Covid. What's your point? 

2 hours ago, sungod said:

I think for those of us in Pattaya, boosters may come a little late for most.

I had it , just recovered. Came on quick, but was lucky as I just had body aches for a night. I used paracetamol and drank lots of fluids.

Double vaxxed on AZ and like to stay fit.

Sounds like classic Omicron. 

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Anan Jongkaewwattana, director of the Veterinary Health Innovation and Management Research Group unit of the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)

My dog is reassured by his statement. He has indicated his thanks.