Two COVID-positive Indian tourists found after travelling from Chon Buri to Bangkok

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXZiqOwpL5fJJKD2hWGDawZl5gWiwABt9uaxYL.jpg

Two Indian tourists, who arrived in Thailand through the “Test and Go” scheme, tested positive for the coronavirus in their second test, but they had already left Chon Buri province for Bangkok when the results became available. They have been located today (Tuesday), according the Tourist Police Bureau.

Sought by Chon Buri health authorities, both tourists are now undergoing treatment in a Bangkok hospital.

According to the Chon Buri provincial health chief, when the two arrived in Thailand, they immediately took their first COVID-19, which produced negative results. They were subsequently given a second RT-PCR test, which was positive.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-covid-positive-indian-tourists-found-after-travelling-from-chon-buri-to-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, dutch54 said:

I thought that under the "Test and Go" scheme were allowed to go where you want after the first negative test ??

Yes you are, no one mentioned anything about having to stay in one place when we arrived. Doing my 5 day test today before flying (if negative) tomorrow to chiang mai. 
if the results don’t arrive before our flight, not sure what they expect us to do?

5 hours ago, dutch54 said:

I thought that under the "Test and Go" scheme were allowed to go where you want after the first negative test ??

They were tested possive they left before the test result came in. Not so hard to understand from the article.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Yes you are, no one mentioned anything about having to stay in one place when we arrived. Doing my 5 day test today before flying (if negative) tomorrow to chiang mai. 
if the results don’t arrive before our flight, not sure what they expect us to do?

Never mind, id go and ask. Seems your cutting it a bit close with your flights. It sucks to travel now.

Edited by robblok

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

You have to wait in the hotel until your test has been done and reported back. It was quite clear when GF went for the test and go. My Swedish neighbors had to do the same thing. These people just skipped before the test results were in. That is against the rules. 

For the first test yes, not the second

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

For the first test yes, not the second

True but it seems the second test was given right away anyway the article does not go into details. Yes after first test your free to go. Or at least you were.

Just now, robblok said:

True but it seems the second test was given right away anyway the article does not go into details. Yes after first test your free to go. Or at least you were.

I just assumed the second test mentioned was actually the day 5-7 test, and there is no guidance I have read about what you should do while awaiting results. I mean we could fly up to CM and do our test on day 7 after flying, instead of day 5, so the whole thing is open to interpretation 

9 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

I just assumed the second test mentioned was actually the day 5-7 test, and there is no guidance I have read about what you should do while awaiting results. I mean we could fly up to CM and do our test on day 7 after flying, instead of day 5, so the whole thing is open to interpretation 

The article is short on facts, right now i would not want to travel in Thailand. At least not as a tourists its crazy how rules change and how your at the mercy of the authorities. Anyone traveling during these times is a bit crazy IMHO. I could not do it that is for sure it would stress me out. We all know how Thais can be with rules.

5 hours ago, tomyami said:

After the  "hunting for africans" there was the "Israeli" and now the "Indians"

Thailand needs to educate its young with a less xenophobic view of the world.

That doesn't fit with the current jackboot 'protect our desperately flawed culture at any cost' narrative.

• Like 2

Test and go seems a bit half a*sed. There seems to be no walk in at all for 2nd test and trying to find a slot for booking is taking ages. Piyavate for example has 2 day waiting list unless you pay 5000bt for express services 

As usual, nothing is straightforward here

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Just fill in the blanks I guess for you favourite recently arrived infected tourist. 

wanted poster template

Some get the full treatment, others remain anonymous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–2021_China–India_skirmishes

After its own "humiliation" the US started its climb back to "Greatness" with Grenada.

TAT:

"Oh **** "

Edited by Enoon

What the hell happened to this country?  What a shameful and disgusting article. Thailand reports thousands and thousands of new infections everyday. Why single out two Indians that  followed the rules? Posting their photos, names, and nationality?  What a xenophobic country this has become. I don’t remember it being like this before the military seized control and it definitely increased with Thailand’s sweetheart cop with the constant comments about “cracking down on black people”,etc. And of course AnuTingtong’s “dirty farangs” comments.  “Hunting Africans”.  Thai media and it’s followers are abuzz with racism and xenophobia.  Guess what Thailand?  You are not anywhere close to a first world country, and even if you were this superior attitude is sickening.