Stricter Disease Controls Expected on Omicron Outbreaks

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I hope you are joking. Remember the Delta was spread from hi-sos govt included. Nothing happened there.

Im not joking.Its about time everybody star follow the rules.I mean thai and foreigner.What makes me upset is the videoes i see how people dont give a s..t...Some tourists acting like idiots among thai and vice verca.The only thing they understand is if big fines and deporaion is the end of their stay in thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Chinese vaccines are effective against serious disease.

"Recent studies suggest that China’s main vaccines from private maker Sinovac and state-owned firm Sinopharm are highly effective in preventing severe illness and death among those fully vaccinated"

https://fortune.com/2021/08/31/china-covid-vaccine-sinovac-sinopharm-delta-variant-effective/

Thats good news.

Earlier reports weren't so promising.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3162208/omicron-good-signs-sinopharm-and-sinovac-shots-fend-severe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stigar said:

Im not joking.Its about time everybody star follow the rules.I mean thai and foreigner.What makes me upset is the videoes i see how people dont give a s..t...Some tourists acting like idiots among thai and vice verca.The only thing they understand is if big fines and deporaion is the end of their stay in thailand.

Agree in a way. People not giving a <deleted> about previous variants and the whole vaccine stuff was and is dispicable against society and simply pethetic individualism. Omicron I think, having seen quite a bit about it so far, seems like a way out. We'll have to see. Is it just a common cold with a twist? People were saying Sars-Cov-2 was just the flu. They were wrong. Is Omicron just a new coronovirus cold strain that will burn the whole thing out? Let's hope so.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"Recent studies suggest that China’s main vaccines from private maker Sinovac and state-owned firm Sinopharm are highly effective in preventing severe illness and death among those fully vaccinated"

https://fortune.com/2021/08/31/china-covid-vaccine-sinovac-sinopharm-delta-variant-effective/

August 31 2021. I think the discussion has move on a bit. As for the varacity of this article well I guess that's up fo debate.

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Travel restrictions now??? first we are urged to stimulate the economy and travel for the holidays and now back to restrictions???? Better could have the reestrictions last week, probably a lot of problems would have been prevented

Imagine if governments actually used our taxes properly.? 

now all I see is businesses is clashing with governments and it’s costing lives.?

it’s sad to see society like this but hey that’s life ..

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

August 31 2021. I think the discussion has move on a bit. As for the varacity of this article well I guess that's up fo debate.

Nothing has changed. The second link from SCMP was published today. If it's "up for debate" then post links supporting your false claim that they don't work. A recent post by administrators warned BM's to post links to support their arguments.

Edited by ozimoron

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Stop spreading misinformation

"Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high."

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

"wearing mask in public is essential as its effectiveness has already been well established by the current studies. For exhalation isolation, both surgical and N95 masks are shown to be effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, but the former is more accessible and comfortable to wear compared to the latter. For inhalation protection, air filtering respirators such as N95 masks can filtrate contaminants, bacteria and other matters from reaching nose and mouth, and are more efficient in virus penetration inhibition than surgical masks."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7883189/

Many years ago when I got to Japan I saw people wearing medical masks. I asked why. I was told they probably had a cold and did not want to give to anyone else. Supurb. Just supurb. Thinking about other people. Such a pity most of the world doesn't think this way. Remember mask wearing number 1 is not about self protection. It's about protecting others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Many years ago when I got to Japan I saw people wearing medical masks. I asked why. I was told they probably had a cold and did not want to give to anyone else. Supurb. Just supurb. Thinking about other people. Such a pity most of the world doesn't think this way. Remember mask wearing number 1 is not about self protection. It's about protecting others.

There’s a lot of selfish individuals in this world.. ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stigar said:

Close thailand..give the tourists who don wear mask a fine 100.000 bath and cancel their visa.

Send them back home ASAP.Close "restaurants"who have prove allready they dont give a s.....

Its time they learn their lesson.

Dear me, you’d do well in DPRK! Why stop there? Why not kick out all foreigners? How would you feel about that? Rhetorical. 

Amazing how people enjoy having their freedoms eroded and equate everything to foreign visitors. It is mainly the Thai people spreading this cold and also Thais bringing it in. If you want covid 0, I’m afraid you’ll need to shut for good and stay in doors by yourself for the rest of your life. Might suit you, but some of us enjoy living b

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nothing has changed. The second link from SCMP was published today. If it's "up for debate" then post links supporting your false claim that they don't work. A recent post by administrators warned BM's to post links to support their arguments.

Please be careful about accusing people of false claims. You may have to include Prayut and his cronies.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Lock downs work

China reports major drop in virus cases in locked-down Xi’an

Health officials said they have basically achieved the goal of halting community transmission because the new cases were among people already quarantined.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-winter-olympics-sports-health-beijing-a91fff9b1312e2e5bea4f4ed789e9d4f

Again! You lock down FOREVER to get covid-zero—it can never be a thing. But what’s the big deal. Folk will look back on this in 20y and realise how childish and wasteful they’ve been with their lives. 
Apt nik though. ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

Again! You lock down FOREVER to get covid-zero—it can never be a thing. But what’s the big deal. Folk will look back on this in 20y and realise how childish and wasteful they’ve been with their lives. 
Apt nik though. ????

It was several days. Far from forever. You're so witty though.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"likely to propose the indefinite suspension of the Test & Go entry scheme, stricter disease controls and travel restriction."

I wonder how long they can keep doing this?

Not as long as I can. 
They'll destroy the Thai economy and when the economy goes 'civil' society goes with it. 
We'll sit it out in the sticks and watch.  Some of us get to that age where we can be happy without having to be entertained.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Look at China, Hong Kong and now even Australia. Covid zero doesn't work. Why should Thailand think differently. It will fail. Let Omicron rip - it is already everywhere (low reported numbers are not accurate) and let's get over this. Numbers in Pattaya amongst expats are insane (not reported as self test/isolation) but no one I've heard of has been hospitalised. My son had had it. An employee has had it. Both over it in less than a week and no trip to hospital. Normality now!

China is probably not the best example. Once again they are locking people in their abodes and surely under-reporting the numbers. Who knows maybe they've made a worse variant in their labs and it's leaked out. 

58 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Omicron: good signs that Sinopharm and Sinovac shots fend off severe illness, WHO expert says

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3162208/omicron-good-signs-sinopharm-and-sinovac-shots-fend-severe

How ironic <laughs>