Thai authorities searching for six European men who left Koh Chang after testing positive for Covid-19

webfact

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

From a local forum

ล่าสุดเจอครบหมดแล้ว 6 คน ครับต่อนี้ ย้ายที่พักใหม่ อัางว่า ไม่ได้รับแจ้งว่าติดโควิต เลยไม่รู้ย้ายไปที่ใหม่ ตอนนี้รอรับไปรักษาตัวต่อไป

Google translate as usual inadequate, but the gist seems to be they've been found and are being moved to new quarantine location.

Recently, all 6 people have been found. Now moving to a new place. Assuming that I have not been notified that I have a covid infection. So I don't know how to move to a new place. Now waiting to be accepted for further treatment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joules said:

Calling all Thais!  Get your guns.  Six dirty farangs loose on the island spreading covid!  GET THEM!

I was on White Sands beach new years eve and the maskless foreigners stood out like a sore thumb.

I can't speak  for any other country but in the UK people get quite annoyed about foreigners wanting to things their way, why would the Thais be any different?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Gentlemen , we have identified the transmission cause in Pattaya and Bangkok!! Its a multinational conspiracy.

Let's hunt'em down!! GODSPEED!!

Do you think that border security  in countries checking for organic products,  nuts, and agricultural plants for disease  is an important  job and necessary to protect indigenous plants in that country actually  projecting their environment?  Then why would you make a mockery of trying to keep a virus out to keep people safe?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Maybe they are hiding in Koh Chang's mountains... ????

Have you been there? ???? 

They've probably been eaten by something by now if they've been there that long lol

• Haha 1

The authorities here in Phuket have given up.

And rightly so ,  as the horse has bolted .

Im home isolating and tested myself with a ART kit as  positive , and nobody wants to know.

Myself and numerous friends will never be included in any official numbers , nor will we be 'treated' in any way...

What , may I ask , will hunting these infected individuals amongst the  infected masses achieve ?

The job at hand is to vax as many as possible and stop with the "catch a farang  by the toe " sideshow.

• Like 2

Same question as always in similar cases: did they do a runner or was there some misunderstanding or inacceptable delay in issuing the test results?

Maybe some naive tourists think Thailand is a banana republic when it comes to being sought by the police.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Charnchai Patacharavarangkul said that he had been informed by a hotel on the holiday island that the men had arrived on Test and Go but left after positive tests at Koh Chang Hospital.

Manager reported that they are now believed to have left Koh Chang and headed for Bangkok or Pattaya.

Ohhhh dear.

24 minutes ago, tomyami said:

They entered the country under rules vaxed and test and go so they picked it up in thailand which is not a covid free country, it has already community and pourous borders transmissions, is there any other country in the world name and shaming different nationalites after testing positive and it issued the entry passes

I believe there is something political going on. One fellow wants to re-open to tourists as that will be economically beneficial and popular with the thai people reliant on tourism. Another fellow thinks that might go badly, so wants to position himself as the fellow who was against it all along. Certainly no-one wants to take responsibility for taking any bold decisions.

8 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Same question as always in similar cases: did they do a runner or was there some misunderstanding or inacceptable delay in issuing the test results?

You can imagine some lassitude contacting them, and they presuming no news is good news and anxious to get going.

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

But the thousands of people there already with covid are no big deal?  Do they think this is March 2020 with ~100 cases a day and they're going to trace and test all their contacts?  The pretense over foreigners with covid is laughable.

I'm genuinely surprised at how I am still genuinely surprised by how the Thai authorities are handling covid!

I'm not in the least surprised.

When you have uneducated, corrupt, unelected, unintelligent, Muppets running the country, there should be no surprise to the level of idiocy they can plummet too.

We've had 7+ years of it.

Edited by Andycoops
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Puccini said:

Interesting. Let's see how long it will take the police to find them and what will happen to them.

My bet is 48 hours or less, and they will be immediately confined to a hospital, passports confiscated, if and when they test negative if they don't die they get deported, and good riddance. 

I have a friend who works in Bangkok she tested positive 4 days ago, she is now in a hospitel waiting on treatment. The hospitals are full now you will lockdown at home. You people have to much sympathy for deadbeats who run away after their test. If you have the covid man up and take your medicine.

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

But the thousands of people there already with covid are no big deal?  Do they think this is March 2020 with ~100 cases a day and they're going to trace and test all their contacts?  The pretense over foreigners with covid is laughable.

I'm genuinely surprised at how I am still genuinely surprised by how the Thai authorities are handling covid!

They are trying to protect the tourism industry. People will not want to come here if they feel the ministry is not taking covid seriously. These clowns signed papers agreeing to follow CCSA protocols and they have skipped out on the agreement.

1 hour ago, jobsworth said:

Recently, all 6 people have been found. Now moving to a new place. Assuming that I have not been notified that I have a covid infection. So I don't know how to move to a new place. Now waiting to be accepted for further treatment.

Yeah, google gobbledegook. See later post.

6 hours ago, James105 said:

All from the same hotel that happened to test positive after presumably testing negative before leaving their countries?   Wonder what the odds of that happening are?  Sounds a bit fishy to me.  

It is fishy, every one of these articles saying positive runaways, turns out they were negative and just left, they control too much information through the media, just make things up for scare tactics around foreigners

4 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

They are trying to protect the tourism industry. People will not want to come here if they feel the ministry is not taking covid seriously. These clowns signed papers agreeing to follow CCSA protocols and they have skipped out on the agreement.

how is the vaccination program going? shh we headline a couple of running foreigners for local interest, some good things about omicron its mild and its rips so 1 or 2 more weeks there wont be enough foreigners around to blame if you can ever believe their numbers.

Dont believe hotel storey Id say they checked out thinking all good, clowns run this country by the way agreements mean nothing to them our country our rules

• Like 1