Restaurants are being targeted unfairly for a big jump in Covid Cases in Pattaya

webfact

Said before the true restaurants will get rolled into the 'bar/restaurants' in footing the blame. The town halls issued the licences when it was obvious that they were still going to operate as bars so blame lays with them. Meanwhile those proper restaurants that have been open months will suffer along with the bars. Question is would these bars have converted to restaurants if alcohol was still not allowed on eateries? Of course not so it was obvious to anyone, officials included, what would happen and how they would operate, regardless of licence status

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sandyf said:

It cannot be disputed that the risk of transmission is proportional to the distance between the infected and the uninfected.

The blame lies with those that refuse to acknowledge that fact, unfortunately voluntary separation is no chin. t in the DNA of the majority.

Not much social distancing going on in my local Makro, Tesco, Big C, etc. Was in Bkk Bank today and several staff (talking amongst themselves) had their masks pulled down under the chin. You cant just blame the bars, people are lax everywhere

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

Had (probably) Omikron. Tested positive after my symptoms were gone. While I had symptoms my test was negative. Had worse colds from dirty aircons than that. Better make hotel aircon cleaning mandatory every 3 months!

I have made many posts about this - ATK tests are unreliable, many people I know have cold symptoms, ATK negative - they are all doing the right thing and isolating assuming they have omicron, only way to be absolutely be sure is PCR test and nobody is doing that at least not farang

There is no way to stop omicron - impossible  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

and that is so bad? Think most would take the risk of dying happy other than cowering at home.  It has been two years now and think we know the risk.  If your fat, old, unhealthy then take precautions.  As for me, literally no risk of dying of Covid.

provided you are fully vaxed 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The mayor defended his entertainment programme of weekly music festivals, including the Pattaya Countdown, claiming none of the infections came from there.

Why make a statement nobody believes?

This is Songkran 2.0, it was destined to be a national superspreader and only the mentally challenged wouldn't see this coming. Now everyone is returning to their province and get ready for those results...

Why are people still under some illusion that lockdowns will stop or even slow down the spread with omicron? Lots of examples of countries that have heavy restrictions getting hit just as hard as countries without.  I don't think it matters one bit with omicron.  As long as you are breathing you will be exposed, doesn't matter what precautions are taken.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, atpeace said:

and that is so bad? Think most would take the risk of dying happy other than cowering at home.  It has been two years now and think we know the risk.  If your fat, old, unhealthy then take precautions.  As for me, literally no risk of dying of Covid.

Yes, see thats the selfish  approach.  All about the individual  and their pleasure.   I guess you think you will stay young forever, and never have health issue  of any sort.  Well good luck with that.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

Why are people still under some illusion that lockdowns will stop or even slow down the spread with omicron? Lots of examples of countries that have heavy restrictions getting hit just as hard as countries without.  I don't think it matters one bit with omicron.  As long as you are breathing you will be exposed, doesn't matter what precautions are taken.

Exactly, the countries that imposed draconian rules are still hit as hard by spread, the world has to let this run and fissile out, and this may well be the end of the pandemic and prove to provide natural immunity, bye bye pandemic, we hope 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

Not much social distancing going on in my local Makro, Tesco, Big C, etc. Was in Bkk Bank today and several staff (talking amongst themselves) had their masks pulled down under the chin. You cant just blame the bars, people are lax everywhere

Social distancing did very little, same as masks really, vaccine was the only game changer. At least countries are realising lockdowns are a waste of time and money

16 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

How is it not thier fault. They assured everyone that if they would be allowed to open they would respect all the rules, maintain the distancing and order, etc. It was thier job not to be 'overwhelmed'. 

They got what they wanted (opening) and did none of what they promised and were obligated to do (because it had a cost). 

Hey @LivinL0Syou do know you're livin' in LOS...yes? ???? 

Rules, regs, contracts, licenses, etc. :cheesy:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spetersen said:

That said all people around the globe need to be vaccinated,

Had covid 2x now.

Promptly treated both times,

and had real quick recovery.

Like Joe Rogan.

Natural immunity is orders of magnitude better,

safer, protection than

mRNA from Pfizer &c.

25 minutes ago, papa al said:

Had covid 2x now.

Promptly treated both times,

and had real quick recovery.

Like Joe Rogan.

Natural immunity is orders of magnitude better,

safer, protection than

mRNA from Pfizer &c.

Good for you..... and the 5,500,000 and counting it has killed?

Like a bunch of school  kids blaming someone,  but themselves, how about a big jump in covid cases due to the never ending Festivals.....hoping people will  make money  instead of the government helping them like they should

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Good for you..... and the 5,500,000 and counting it has killed?

... guess all the lock-downs, masks, social distancing, and 'vaccines' failed them?

/////

Reincarnation in 7-10 days.

Edited by papa al

17 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

I made no attempt to blame bars, they are inanimate objects. But again, it cannot be denied that alcohol is a catalyst to lack of separation.

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I made no attempt to blame bars, they are inanimate objects. But again, it cannot be denied that alcohol is a catalyst to lack of separation.

I wasn't pointing that sentence at you personally, but in hindsight maybe I should have used the word "we"

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

I'll barfine & drink to that! ????

Yep! and may you get that which you think you won't.  I bet you'd be they guy to catch the virus, know you have the virus and just don't  tell anyone, anfd then subject  others to your lack of values?  Am I far off?  Lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1