Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

1 hour ago, RubenRemus said:

but in the real world where whole towns and countries wear masks Omicron is still widespread, maybe because most people wear ineffective masks and don't use properly which is real life rather than in a lab

I’ve noticed the mask avoiders went way up when Europeans reappeared in November. Many don’t cover their noses. We wear 3M 8822 masks, which I hope are close to N95 protection. I know two guys who handled mild Covid cases in their condos; another one is in the hospital - all double vaned. Five months ago some guy (probably from Alberta) visited my condo - signs everywhere “no mask, no entry” - when I said he should have one, he went on an extended profane tirade and repeatedly threatened to punch my fxxxing face in. To  incite him further I offered him a new hospital-type mask. He went ballistic. Inside I was laughing, outside calm-placid face.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I believe your statement to be untrue.

1. A huge number of studies have shown cloth masks to be of very limited effect, when it comes to slowing rates of transmission. 

2. Covid rates are very low here. Hence, the risk is low.

3. Foreigners have been vaccinated with higher quality vaccines at far higher rates than the general population. 

4. This is not the Zombie Apocalypse. So, stop the panic. It is not productive. 

I was vaccinated with A-Z followed last month by a Moderna booster. I still got Covid a couple of weeks ago. My case was relatively mild, but two young and healthy guys I know about were both double vaccinated and were each knocked out for a week, with all the symptoms, eg, foggy thinking. There's a measure of protection from being vaccinated, but the efficacy of the vaccines is more in doubt with Omicron. Now that I've recovered, I've started wearing KN95 masks. Compared to cloth or surgical masks, they are reasonably effective and I don't want a second dose of Covid. 

3 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Properly and consistently worn masks, especially the better ones, help prevent the spread of the virus.

CDC weighs recommending better masks against omicron variant

Agency is likely to say that people who can consistently wear N95 or KN95 masks, rather than cloth masks, should do so

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is considering updating its mask guidance to recommend that people opt for the highly protective N95 or KN95 masks worn by health-care personnel, if they can do so consistently, said an official close to the deliberations who was not authorized to speak publicly.

With the highly transmissible omicron variant spurring record levels of infections and hospitalizations, experts have repeatedly urged the Biden administration to recommend the better-quality masks rather than cloth coverings to protect against an airborne virus, and to underscore the importance of masking.

“The agency is currently actively looking to update its recommendations for KN95 and N95 in light of omicron,” the official said. “We know these masks provide better filtration.”

(more)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/01/10/cdc-weighs-n95-kn95-masks-guidance-omicron/

Meanwhile nobody is being 'traumatized' by advising 'telling' them to lose weight, exercise more and eat nutritious food so that the body has the most robust natural immune response possible and an increased ability to withstand a gnarly flu/pneumonia type virus.

Before the usual beer stool sages fall off their stools, I'm triple vaccinated, adhere to mask wearing protocols (even the dumb outdoor and beach variety) and certainly practise strict hygiene and even stricter distancing, especially from aforesaid beer stool sages.

This whole thing wouldn't have hit half as hard if more were fitter, less fat and took more responsibility for one's own health. 

Masks are part of an imperfect defence but the robustness of our own bodies is also essential as it looks like the case that we're all to have this variant at some point in the near future anyway.

32 minutes ago, dundas said:

I was vaccinated with A-Z followed last month by a Moderna booster. I still got Covid a couple of weeks ago. My case was relatively mild, but two young and healthy guys I know about were both double vaccinated and were each knocked out for a week, with all the symptoms, eg, foggy thinking. There's a measure of protection from being vaccinated, but the efficacy of the vaccines is more in doubt with Omicron. Now that I've recovered, I've started wearing KN95 masks. Compared to cloth or surgical masks, they are reasonably effective and I don't want a second dose of Covid. 

I agree. KN95 and especially N95 are quite effective. Cloth? Barely. Not enough to get excited about a few folks not wearing a mask. 

4 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I’m currently wandering around Sydney Australia and it’s staggering on two counts…

1/ The high percentage of people out and about with no masks or wearing them on their chin.

2/ Sydney is deathly quiet, I’m mean DEATHLY QUIET… Sure it’s the 13 January, but there’s small foot traffic on the street and there’s few, very few restaurants/cafes open…

This pic is The Rocks precinct at 7pm on Tuesday night and I think surmises the fear of some of the public and the difficulty of business to have Covid free staff…

7FBA3A35-C6C2-42FA-87CE-0AF8C67B5DB0.jpeg

Do you think if those businesses in Sydney offered 50 baht beers it might help people get over their fears?  ????  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

I’m clearly referring to single layer std cloth masks worn here by 99%!not N95 or medical grade masks.

Been counting have you....?

Most I see are the light green surgical type (in my Pattaya area). The cloth ones used appear to be the better quality that also incorporate a special nose section... dim farangs appear unable to get their noses in a mask. Even the cheap cloth ones... are often used doubling with the paper ones. So around Pattaya, your 99% would be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

please show me the scientific evidence that masks dont work

so do we believe respected Western and Asians Scientists or Subascuba3?

seriously mate.........give it a rest

keep it real, it doesn't matter how effective they are in a lab, it's the real world that counts, wake up

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Obesity is not infectious

As smoking is clearly  illegal  indoors in most countries  you do not need to tell people to stop as the law does that for you already. Your comparisons are not logical.

Obesity is not infections. True, but obese people get sicker from this virus.  They often have a higher viral load that causes them to need more treatment in hospital.  The higher viral load is transmitted easier to others cause more spread.  They spend longer in hospital taking up beds that could be used for others and saving lives. Etc.

Stoping obesity could be logically argued as an aid to slowing the virus, (as well as many other things).  Why not have mandatory diet and exercise.  Forcing people to eat better would help society in many ways that effect others not just the patient. And I am overweight almost obese buy medical definition.

Do I need to mention sarcasm?

Hello

We just payed attention going down by car on Jomtien Beach Road, 2 weeks ago.. NOT one foreigner walking there was wearing a mask.. a few having it on their chin only, others with no mask at all.. Also a lot in Pattaya..

I don t know if wearing it outside is really effective but even if vaccinated (3 already) we always have it on.. and the situation is difficult enough to take care and even use what might be useless, as everything should be done to go back to a "normal" life

If the police was doing correctly her job and putting heavy fines, people would wear the mask

Have a nice day..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Surprised your friend's condo doesn't have no-mask penalties.

If you stick your nose out the door with no mask on at my condo and camera captures you, 1000 baht fine in condo app. Don't pay, power and water are cut. And that's "per time".

Didn't notice anyone without a mask for a very long time, but saw in app that there were warnings, so I'd guess there were some people like that.

Fines collected were donated to hospitals.

No place like home! ????

• Like 1