Moderna after effects?

Gandtee

I received my booster shot of Moderna yesterday. I've had no adverse after effects other than wanting to urinate more than usual. Eight times during the night, half a dozen times and more today. Has anyone had this problem?Not that it is a problem, with Moderna, or could it be that due to old age my water works are labouring. I never had any effects with Astrazeneca.????

I got my moderna booster shot yesterday as well after the 2 pfizer shots last year, not really urinating any more than usual, bit of a headache yesterday was it, not even a sore arm, better after effects than the pfizer as they gave headaches for a couple of days and a sore arm.

• Like 2

The only side effect I had from the Moderna booster (100 micrograms) was a very sore arm for about 24 hours. The soreness was much more pronounced for me than with the Astra Zeneca doses I had received. It was painful to lift my arm for one day, and I did some exercises to prevent the immune response from being concentrated at the injection site.

The high level of inflammation is, of course, a sign that the vaccine is working and the body is producing antibodies. My subjective response was that the Moderna vaccine is powerful stuff. And so far I haven't contracted the omicron variant, so I'm a happy camper.

Paul Laew

• Like 2

First shot Astrazeneca, 2nd Pfizer, 3rd Moderna.  Both Astrazeneca and Moderna made me feel horrible the next day. Pfizer didn't do anything.  Paracetamol helped.  No problems with urination.

Edited by shdmn

5 hours ago, seajae said:

I got my moderna booster shot yesterday as well after the 2 pfizer shots last year, not really urinating any more than usual, bit of a headache yesterday was it, not even a sore arm, better after effects than the pfizer as they gave headaches for a couple of days and a sore arm.

Fatigue, headache, and my right leg was numb.

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

All these guys on here complaining of a pain in their arm as a side effect are a right bunch of softies! :cheesy::cheesy:  A piddling little needle into their upper arm and they are all wincing! Man up guys...

It's not a sore arm because of the needle.  It's from the body's reaction to the vaccine.  I could not sleep on that side and couldn't even lift my arm the next day.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

All these guys on here complaining of a pain in their arm as a side effect are a right bunch of softies! :cheesy::cheesy:  A piddling little needle into their upper arm and they are all wincing! Man up guys...

The innate immune response....    

.... strange it doesn’t happen with other vaccines though - the Covid vaccine antigen are perhaps stronger.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The innate immune response....    

.... strange it doesn’t happen with other vaccines though - the Covid vaccine antigen are perhaps stronger.

I got a really sore arm with AstraZeneca too although Moderna was probably a bit worse.  Almost nothing at all with Pfizer.  All 3 shots were in the same area of the same arm.

Edited by shdmn

On 1/16/2022 at 5:34 PM, Paulaew said:

The only side effect I had from the Moderna booster (100 micrograms) was a very sore arm for about 24 hours. The soreness was much more pronounced for me than with the Astra Zeneca doses I had received. It was painful to lift my arm for one day, and I did some exercises to prevent the immune response from being concentrated at the injection site.

The high level of inflammation is, of course, a sign that the vaccine is working and the body is producing antibodies. My subjective response was that the Moderna vaccine is powerful stuff. And so far I haven't contracted the omicron variant, so I'm a happy camper.

Paul Laew

If you received 100mcg it's a full dose, no? So not a booster, but a third dose. I had AZ+AZ+Moderna (100mcg)

On 1/17/2022 at 12:04 AM, shdmn said:

It's not a sore arm because of the needle.  It's from the body's reaction to the vaccine.  I could not sleep on that side and couldn't even lift my arm the next day.

Same. Seemed to be more than a day, but happily subsided. Now just hope it's doing it's thang with Omicron.