Jump to content

Thailand's Roads: "Drunk" truck driver kicked down by angry relative after he kills 2, injures 2


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

 

There was yet more devastating carnage on the Thai roads last night - this time in the Ratchaburi area just after midnight.

 

Khaodin police arrived on the Nong Kwang to Nong Khreum road to find a ten wheel Isuzu truck on its side and its cargo of cut sugar cane all over the place. 

 

77khaoded had a picture - apparently of the truck driver - making a phone call amid the devastation. 

 

Nearby was a smashed up Toyota Tiger pick-up and a destroyed Honda wave bike in separate locations.

 

8pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

 

Two 21 year old men named Suthorn and Adirut had already been taken to hospital with injuries. 

 

Dead at the scene were a 19 year old man called Phupha and a 19 year old woman called Chutikan. 

 

8pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

 

All the victims were locals; the deceased had been with friends on motorcycles. 

 

Korawit, 26,  the driver of the truck appeared to be drunk. He said he was taking his sugar cane to a factory in Kanchanaburi and didn't see the people parked by the side of the road. 

 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-17

 

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

 
Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

The problem is that (for the most part) these DUI accidents are not premeditated crimes.

The problem is that, at this stage, the suggestion that he "appeared to be drunk" is just that, a suggestion that has not been shown to be factual.  

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

t could have been drugs , more likely blind drunk if

he did not see the people parked on the side of the road. 

I'd say he was driving without his headlights on. At his unshod feet you'll see in the photo a green head torch on the road in front of him. And to the right of the picture frame you will see another green head torch. Maybe his co-driver?

 

8pm1.jpg

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Only way to stop this utter insanity is a mandatory death sentence upon proven guilty

I wouldnt levy that only on truck drivers either

 

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Actually in hindsight thats a good response reference life without parole

I'd extend that obviously to car and bike drivers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Korawit, 26,  the driver of the truck appeared to be drunk. He said he was taking his sugar cane to a factory in Kanchanaburi and didn't see the people parked by the side of the road. 

Two counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder... should keep the roads safer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Korawit, 26,  the driver of the truck appeared to be drunk.

Only a blood test could prove if the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. After driving through a group of bikers and then being tossed about like a rag doll when the vehicle rolled I think I too would be in shock and walking about with the appearance of being intoxicated. The lynch mob posters that rush to condemn drivers involved in fatal road accidents need to hang back a little until the police investigation has been carried out. 

Fatal road accident reports, with endless possibilities of why the accident happened, are good topics for the forum owners to keep posters entertained. And that is all it is. Wait for the police report and then write the story containing facts not assumptions.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryan754326 said:

Why would they need to go to the morgue? The mangled bodies can be seen laying all over the road. 
I’m just a tourist, and I’ve seen a few dead bodies myself. Anyone who was born here should have plenty of first hand experience. 

I doubt that very much. I have been here a long time and have never see all these bodies you talk about

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Only way to stop this utter insanity is a mandatory death sentence upon proven guilty

I wouldnt levy that only on truck drivers either

Only "way" is a Thailand that has the history (and consequent present...and similar future) to the societies from which the "solutioneers", seemingly capable of delivering an infinite number of "lists" to Aseanow, hail/derive their societal models/expectations.

 

Thailand only has about 500 years worth of "key moments" to make up.

 

Or maybe it could find a "short cut"?

 

 

 

 

Edited by Enoon
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

I doubt that very much. I have been here a long time and have never see all these bodies you talk about

Visit a "Red Cross Fair".

 

The rescue organisations have display boards covered with photos of the dead/mangled.

 

All Thais familiar with them.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Asquith Production said:

I doubt that very much. I have been here a long time and have never see all these bodies you talk about

You've been extraordinarily  lucky if you've been here as long as you imply.

 

I witnessed a kid on a motorcy run into a truck only meters from  bar I was sitting at in the first six months I was here. I didn't have get close to know he was dead.

I've also passed many accidents on the road but didn't stop to count bodies.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Visit a "Red Cross Fair".

 

The rescue organisations have display boards covered with photos of the dead/mangled.

 

All Thais familiar with them.

 

 

If you want to be hard hitting make them see real results from DUI and not pictures

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, RocketDog said:

You've been extraordinarily  lucky if you've been here as long as you imply.

 

I witnessed a kid on a motorcy run into a truck only meters from  bar I was sitting at in the first six months I was here. I didn't have get close to know he was dead.

I've also passed many accidents on the road but didn't stop to count bodies.

 

Well perhaps many Thais have been very lucky and not seen any as well thats why convicted DUI drivers should be taken and shown real casualties

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Yes your right .....it could have been drugs , more likely blind drunk if

he did not see the people parked on the side of the road. 

regards worgeordie 

Or sober and really tired from being overworked by a boss who didn't keep the vehicle (including headlights) taken care of.

Likely drunk or drugs, but nothing is confirmed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:
1 hour ago, Ryan754326 said:

Why would they need to go to the morgue? The mangled bodies can be seen laying all over the road. 
I’m just a tourist, and I’ve seen a few dead bodies myself. Anyone who was born here should have plenty of first hand experience. 

I doubt that very much. I have been here a long time and have never see all these bodies you talk about

I'm with Ryan754326 on this. I live on a long straight road and within 300 metres of my house there have been deaths and amputations, and someone in a long-term coma I don't know if he came out of. That is as well as several huge lorries, cars and pickups ending up in the road-side ditch, and one car that managed to sail through the top of a tree.

 

I was also nearly killed one night when two racing pickups came up behind me as I stood looking for someone down the road, with one who was on the wrong side of the road so close to me I could smell the heat of the engine as it went by. I've had so many close encounters, one while being in the fast lane of a dual carriageway and seeing someone who was probably too drunk to know it was a dual-carriageway coming straight at me, and seen so many bikes with no lights at night, that I no longer go out after dark. I really don't want to be on edge every moment I'm out. No fun in that. None at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm with Ryan754326 on this. I live on a long straight road and within 300 metres of my house there have been deaths and amputations, and someone in a long-term coma I don't know if he came out of. That is as well as several huge lorries, cars and pickups ending up in the road-side ditch, and one car that managed to sail through the top of a tree.

 

I was also nearly killed one night when two racing pickups came up behind me as I stood looking for someone down the road, with one who was on the wrong side of the road so close to me I could smell the heat of the engine as it went by. I've had so many close encounters, one while being in the fast lane of a dual carriageway and seeing someone who was probably too drunk to know it was a dual-carriageway coming straight at me, and seen so many bikes with no lights at night, that I no longer go out after dark. I really don't want to be on edge every moment I'm out. No fun in that. None at all.

That does not mean that every Thai person as seen the result of a bad accident in fact most Thais I have been in a car with will look away from a bad accident. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

I doubt that very much. I have been here a long time and have never see all these bodies you talk about

Define "long time" . Overnight in Pattaya perhaps.

 

If you have really lived for a long time in Thailand you would have seen more stiffs than a working girl has.  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Define "long time" . Overnight in Pattaya perhaps.

 

If you have really lived for a long time in Thailand you would have seen more stiffs than a working girl has.  

Over 10 years and dont define everyone by your own standards

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...