Warning against traveling to Thailand

webfact

Just now, cyril sneer said:

so was the old way better? mandatory quarantine stay but you know how much you'll have to pay beforehand

I have looked at the two options 7 day quarrantine in pattaya best option I have my own insurance that wont cover asystomic but is cover for covid treatment in hospital, the other is russian roulette X 2 and they probably have a + percentage target we will never know.

Probably cheaper unless you have a place

I have a Master Plan.

It starts 1st April (what a brilliant date)

Tell everyone you know,family,girlfriend,wife,business partners,mates everyone you know. All bookings to Thailand worldwide will stop 1st April. 

And will not resume until this sha/hospital/pcr/dodgy insurance/scam stops.

But this is not a April fools day joke.Do it for real.Tell everyone ,do not book anything regarding Thailand after March 31st.

If people stop booking NOW for visits after March 31st It will give the elite time to reflect. 

We need to stop complaining and activley do something to stop this madness, this disrespect.This scam.

Tell everyone to stop booking they are prolonging the problem.

And that means you too,the one reading this,Communicate with all your contacts around the world.As they say "vote with your feet" and use your influence to make a stand.

• Like 1

This story can't be true. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) say that Thailand Pass is still closed so there's no problem.  Obviously the ministry responsible for tourism will have the most up to date information...............????

TAT1.jpg

https://www.tourismthailand.org/home

(09.30 gmt 04 February 2022)

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, michaelgoulden said:

We need to stop complaining and activley do something to stop this madness, this disrespect.This scam.

Tell everyone to stop booking they are prolonging the problem.

I don't think that will happen and the nay-sayers here will claim that nobody will listen - without even trying.  I think a better policy would be for people to write in to the TAT and make their feelings known.  Its quick and easy to do if you have LINE on your phone - done mine already.

Tourist Authority of Thailand Contact Centre - LINE ID = @tatcontactcenter

Phone:1672 in Thailand

Phone: +66 2 250 5500 outside Thailand

E-mail: [email protected]

Thailand's government has a long reputation of ignoring what the general public says - especially foreigners.  However, what they hate more is bad publicity on the international stage.  If the TAT get flooded with complaints, I'm pretty sure they'll bring it to the attention of the government.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smedly said:

I have been warning about this in several posts on here for weeks 

This is nothing but a money grabbing scam and before anyone sets foot in Thailand they need to be aware of what could happen to them 

Meanwhile Denmark has just declared all covid restrictions have ended ......................everything 

They  now rate covid 19 as they do a cold or a mild flu and this is while detection rates are soring in the country 

is it time ?

I don't think the public have the stomach for any more of this, you cannot stop omicron from spreading  

Covid (chinese virus) mania has taken on a life of its own; or rather a whole new culture. Kudos to Denmark. California in the USA in contrast, the New Covid Culture is sacrosanct to them; what the gov't and health cabals tell them to do is gospel. I state this as I am a former 3rd generation CA native and thoroughly disgusted by what CA has been turned into, above and beyond the Virus culture it has adopted.

• Like 1

they relaxed it last April 1st...

• Starting 1st April 2021, Thailand will implement significant relaxation of Covid-19 measures for the entry into the Kingdom as follows: 
              For all travelers, Thais and non-Thais, fit to fly certificates are no longer required. 
                   - Travelers from countries without Covid-19 variants, with the certificate of Covid-19 vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand, or approved by WHO, or authorised by The Public Health Ministry will be quarantined upon arrival in Thailand for at least 7 days. 

• List of vaccines approved by the FDA, or approved by WHO, or authorised by The Public Health Ministry includes 
         (1) CoronaVac by Sinovac (approved by the FDA) 

(2) AZD 1222 by AstraZenaca/Oxford (approved by the FDA) 

(3) AZD 1222 by Siam Bioscience /AstraZeneca/Oxford (approved by the FDA) 

(4) COV2.S by Johnson & Johnson (approved by the FDA) 

(5) Tozinameran by Pfizer–BioNTech 

(6) Covishield by Serum Institute of India 

(7) mRNA-1273 by Moderna
  • Travelers from countries without Covid-19 variants, without the vaccine certificate must be quarantined upon arrival in Thailand for at least 10 days. 

3 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

they relaxed it last April 1st...

• Starting 1st April 2021, Thailand will implement significant relaxation of Covid-19 measures for the entry into the Kingdom as follows: 
              For all travelers, Thais and non-Thais, fit to fly certificates are no longer required. 
                   - Travelers from countries without Covid-19 variants, with the certificate of Covid-19 vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand, or approved by WHO, or authorised by The Public Health Ministry will be quarantined upon arrival in Thailand for at least 7 days. 

• List of vaccines approved by the FDA, or approved by WHO, or authorised by The Public Health Ministry includes 
         (1) CoronaVac by Sinovac (approved by the FDA) 

(2) AZD 1222 by AstraZenaca/Oxford (approved by the FDA) 

(3) AZD 1222 by Siam Bioscience /AstraZeneca/Oxford (approved by the FDA) 

(4) COV2.S by Johnson & Johnson (approved by the FDA) 

(5) Tozinameran by Pfizer–BioNTech 

(6) Covishield by Serum Institute of India 

(7) mRNA-1273 by Moderna
  • Travelers from countries without Covid-19 variants, without the vaccine certificate must be quarantined upon arrival in Thailand for at least 10 days. 

Do you know how many times the rules have changed since April 2021?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Agree with alot of your post. However, I disagree about "for the time being". People are just assuming when they finally stop the extreme cowardice, people will flock back here, after two, or three years of sabotage and closures. Not gonna happen.

Maybe they will get up to 5 million tourists a year, by 2028. Maybe. Likely no more than that in our lifetimes. 

I agree, the amount of damage they have done by their crazy policies and flip flopping is yet to be seen.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kimamey said:

I'm planning on coming back soon but reading the full article is a bit worrying. If insurance covers it then ok but if not then it's a lot of money at risk.

A health insurance, the will not pay, if you have no symptoms. You need to have a specail travel-insurance and be sure the pay quarantine for covid. My insurance pay up to USD 3'000.

• Like 1

As long as there is a risk end in hospital without any symptoms for a lot of money, tourists will not visit Thailand anymore. All my frienfs wantd to travel to Thailand, but with the actuel Test&Go-schema the go to Mexico, Costa Rica, ..... Some of them looking for alternatives also in Asia (i.e Philipines, Viernam), and here is the risk, if they like it, why should they come back to Thailand next year!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

What would happen if you test positive but refused to pay upfront for quarantine, take you to court for the bill or just deport you?

I have already asked that question and am still waiting for a proper answer, no one can get money from you if you don't give them it, or money that you haven't got with you in Thailand, and as for insurance, they won't pay out because someone with the Cvirus sat near you on the plane.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leadidge said:

Tribe?  Do you men tripe? or diatribe? 

Mmm yes couldn't be BRIBE that could lead to DEAF an Asian.

I quite expect the grate Dane to be sued hounded and his organ curbed within LOS , like the restaurant reviews, they can dish it , but they cannot take it.Sadly many other nations will still be attracted in ignorance due to teh insatiable demand to be banged up in LOS

• Like 1

9 hours ago, huangnon said:

Hear ya. Similarly, I haven't been back for 3 years also. But I 'bit the bullet', and booked flights for this April when I heard Boris dropped all travel restrictions in the UK.

Hopefully, with the international press putting Thailand's dystopian travel procedures (scams) under the microscope, these dolts will rescind these very soon. Fingers crossed.

Boris has dropped all travel restrictions?? All?? So I can just book a flight, turn up at the airport and away I go?? Restrictions have eased, but there is still a bit of hassle, and as far as I know, you cannot be sure your flight won't be cancelled.

2 hours ago, ThaiAl said:

As long as there is a risk end in hospital without any symptoms for a lot of money, tourists will not visit Thailand anymore. All my frienfs wantd to travel to Thailand, but with the actuel Test&Go-schema the go to Mexico, Costa Rica, ..... Some of them looking for alternatives also in Asia (i.e Philipines, Viernam), and here is the risk, if they like it, why should they come back to Thailand next year!

Yeah, Thailand is ridiculous. I just returned from 6 months in South America. And a short hop to the Mexican Yucatan. Trouble free and all flights were full.  Before I left I was not sure about going, now I am not sure I want to come back to Thailand. hummm

If not for the many years of living there and friends that I want to see. I honestly don't think I would go back even if the rules were completely done away with. 

Actually I have the powers in charge of Thailand to thank for my other travels. 

I love the Yucatan, clean air and beautiful beaches and safe as Thailand IMO. Also love Colombia, Although more dangerous. But, reminds me of Thailand many years ago. Pristine forests and absolutely mind blowing scenery. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 2