‘Big Bike’ rider dies after crashing into bus in Chonburi following argument with girlfriend

snoop1130

273638769_2894205254204493_8571217959549601021_n-696x609.jpg

PHOTO: DRagon 85.66

A 27-year-old ‘Big Bike’ rider has been pronounced dead at the scene after crashing into a bus in Mueang Chonburi.

The Don Hualor Police were notified of the accident Thursday morning (February 9th) on Don Hualor – Nong Maidang  Road in the Nong Maidang sub-district.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged motorbike stuck in front of a bus. The body of the “Big Bike” rider, Mr. Nattawut Sombatpoe, 27, from Loei, was found not far away. His girlfriend was crying nearby and later fainted and had to be given medical assistance.

The bus driver, Mr. Wichean Khaosaard, 42, told TPN media, “Mr. Nattawut was driving at high speed before trying to overtake another vehicle and colliding with my bus.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/11/big-bike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-bus-in-chonburi-following-argument-with-girlfriend/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

‘Big Bike’ rider

Doesn't look like a big bike to me. Rear tyre is very narrow. 

This is the problem, guys riding these 250, 300 ninjas etc (bikes under 500cc) give us proper big bike riders a bad name

In my opinion any bike over 100hp should be classified as a big bike.

Screenshot_2022-02-12-05-18-30-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Yesterday, riding leisure on my PCX on Sukhumvit rd. this cream colored bus decided that i was going to slow for him and he was virtually, sitting on my tail light for quite a distance, i felt like stopping and give him a piece of my mind but i decided not to, nothing good would come out of it anyway..

I avoid using Suk on my bike..... for reasons like that. 

As bad as his death is, it's a free for all in Pattaya for two and four-wheeled maniacs. Thappraya Road,  Thepprasit Road, Prahtamnak Road, 3rd Road...heck nearly every major road is devoid of mobile police patrol to catch these idiots speeding like madmen, weaving in and out and not wearing helmets. No need for those safety devices for bikers as they are wearing both masks and amulets. And where are the cops? Has anyone seen anybody pulled over by the BIB for reckless driving? The carnage continues.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Same thing happened recently in Bang Saray.

Unfortunately, on that occasion the female passenger was the one who was killed.

Sadly happens to the pillion (usually young girl) way too often because 9 out of 10 times the rider (selfish guy) is wearing an expensive full face helmet and the poor girl has no helmet on. 

Makes me so angry, actually I'm getting angry right now writing this comment. 

????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunnny said:

I think that the cost of mistake while riding a big bike is much bigger than that of a car. Were those dying every day fully aware of these increased dangers? Not sure. They ride those scooters from 12 years old, they get the illusionary self-assurance that nothing will ever  happen to them even if they replace the slow motorbike with a totally different beast…

scooters can do 120kph, hit a bus (or any vehicle for that matter) or even a pole at anything over 50kph and your chance of survival is limited, there are a lot of motorbikes on Thai roads and a lot of lunatic driving with cars etc - who is most likely to come off worst 

RIP

• Like 2

Big Bike doesn't come into it, two wheels, speed and a bad decision will kill on any bike of any size...

Reminds me a bit of my younger days on bikes, I can still see a couple of near ones in front of me now.........????

R.I.P, young man.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Doesn't look like a big bike to me. Rear tyre is very narrow. 

This is the problem, guys riding these 250, 300 ninjas etc (bikes under 500cc) give us proper big bike riders a bad name

In my opinion any bike over 100hp should be classified as a big bike.

Screenshot_2022-02-12-05-18-30-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I was really hoping we could entertain the utterly irrelevant debate regarding what constitutes a ‘big bike’ and what doesn’t….

It seems the mere mention of ‘big bike’ in any thread is a lightening rod for those who can’t stand to be placed in the same bracket as a teen on a 400cc rocket…. 

• Like 1