Feb 2022 Why Is It Raining EveryDay

AwwYesNice1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Hardly raining every day, I've been here a month and it's rained about 4 days...typical Jan-Feb for me (wish it rained more to cool the place down)

Weather forecast for Bangkok, last time I checked, was 'rain every day for a week or so', but in fact it rained just for half an hour one morning, and the other days it was cloudy, but no rain.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

very unusual, because la nina finished already the last year and this year suppose to be dry.

Looks, like winds are coming from the south, bringing moisture from the ocean. That pattern suppose to start in April.

Prevailing winds suppose to be now from north-east, continental weather from china, dry and cold air.

I would not complain that much for some clouds, random drizzle. Less fires, less pollution from china, less small particles in the air. Also some vegetation to lower dust.

Possibly rain load for this whole year would be spread more evenly, so only good from it 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Heavy rains on the Southern Gulf Coast the last weeks, when it is supposed to be the driest month of the year.

I think December and January qualify above February as "driest month of the year" in Pattaya.

Bring on the March heavier rain ????

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I think December and January qualify above February as "driest month of the year" in Pattaya.

Bring on the March heavier rain ????

I mean the other side of Thailand, the coastal areas of Songkhla, Pattani and Narathiwat in the Deep South. February's supposed to be the driest month in this region. November and December are the wettest ones traditionally.

Edited by MarcelV
  • Like 1

We have had heavy rains forecast for the last 3 days. 

First 2 days the Post office must have been delivering it , as it didn't arrive.....????

About an hour ago it started raining softly but steadily.

Usually we don't get any rain until Mid to late March.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

I mean the other side of Thailand, the coastal areas of Songkhla, Pattani and Narathiwat in the Deep South. February's supposed to be the driest month in this region.

Well this is in the Pattaya forum ???? 

Still little rain in Central Pattaya, supposed to be raining all day according to weather forecast, maybe 5 minutes of light rain at 10am...

Edited by aussiexpat