I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

On another note: Thailand is quite crypto-friendly and one more the more progressive countries in regards to blockchain revolutionizing finance and other sectors.

Why would anyone use banks these days to wire money internationally? New much cheaper and much faster services mostly run on such blockchains, e.g. XRPL. You won't know you're using it, but select digital currencies are for real, solving real problems.

Of course anyone has the right to ignore progress. If you're happy with the meager interest a bank account pays, oh wait, did I mention inflation?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Btc is only 30% off its all time high. This can be recovered in a very short time. 

It is also 30% from its local low. Risk to reward ratio is important here. 

I can see Btc hitting $200k this year and $1 million by 2030. 

It might. 150k would be my target this year. 150/44 is a good return.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Where have you noticed this?

People I know don't push it, but maybe suggest it to close friends and relatives.

It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity ????

On here for a start , you are always pushing it... sparktrader right behind you .

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

On here for a start , you are always pushing it... sparktrader right behind you .

regards worgeordie

I am not. I am interested in it and think it's a great investment, nothing else. I used to go on about the TMB SET 50 back in the day, doesn't mean I was pushing it. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Then decide based on objective data not guess

To quote someone that made me smile "Technical Analysis is Astrology for men". Although the area were I do think this does not hold is in scalping, which is a successful strategy because of bots causing the constant small scale volatility a given.

19 minutes ago, Whale said:

To quote someone that made me smile "Technical Analysis is Astrology for men". Although the area were I do think this does not hold is in scalping, which is a successful strategy because of bots causing the constant small scale volatility a given.

Technical analysis is vastly superior to fundamentals on trend changes. Volume and price. Thats all it is. You cant pick trend changes based on last year eps or future predictions. A 5 ema crossing a 63 ema shows based on mathatics the trend has change. Volume confirms this. 

Forecasting earnings is astrology. Most broker forecasts for profit past 18 months are rubbish. Nearly always wrong by wide margins.

And coins have no earnings so you cannot allocate pe rations or dcfs.

Tech analysis is the only way to view them.

Volume spike 1 day before low

Then 5 ema crossed 63 tema at 37,000

Now 44,000

So techs said trend change

What " funny mentals" predicted the trend change? There arent any.

Funny mentals only work with old school stocks like food etc with predictable earnings.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I am not. I am interested in it and think it's a great investment, nothing else. I used to go on about the TMB SET 50 back in the day, doesn't mean I was pushing it. 

You do push it, Worgeorgie is correct. ????

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

You do push it, Worgeorgie is correct. ????

Do you really think if I was pushing bitcoin I would do it on a website where the average age of members is probably over 60?

Jeez, the hate in some of the topics is unbelievable. Pushing, shilling, Ponzi, pyramid, North Korea, Russia.. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I think I'll go all in with polkadot.

I'll listen to neeranam on that one after reading this tidbit from Forbes 

Screenshot_2022-02-17-10-34-17-201_com.android.chrome.jpg

obviously fake table which only purpose is to lure people into buying some particular sh'tcoins. And one person got caught already ????

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I think I'll go all in with polkadot.

I'll listen to neeranam on that one after reading this tidbit from Forbes 

Screenshot_2022-02-17-10-34-17-201_com.android.chrome.jpg

You can up to 17% apr on DOT, but I like the security/convenience of a US bank, Kraken. 

I am also big in Solana, and stake/farm that on Raydium exchange, getting 47% apr. 

Better to spread it around. I think it is wise to stay away from Bitcoin, as there are larger gains to be made elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

I see some stupidly high staking returns on biance. How safe is this. Anyway, this one seems to be "sold out".

IMG_20220217_141548.jpg

Binance is safe. 

I stake/farm EGLD/MEX on Maiar exchange, it's currently at 200% Apr but can't withdraw for 1 year.

I have an account with Block Fi and they had a promo that went like this.

For the first three months you earned 3.5% BTC rewards on all purchases and and 1.5% after three months.

You also earn interest on your crypto (any crypto) holdings that you deposit into your "interest account". 

They just cut out the option to adds funds to your interest account but you still earn interest on the crypto thats in there.  Once you take it out though you can't put it back into the interest account.

I don't know much about staking.  It seems like a hedge against crypto prices falling.  The only thing s is, like Neeranam said, it's locked up for a finite period so if crypto flies like it did last year, you miss out on those gains.  But if you're a HODL'r it might make sense.

Is this a correct understanding?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

I have an account with Block Fi and they had a promo that went like this.

For the first three months you earned 3.5% BTC rewards on all purchases and and 1.5% after three months.

You also earn interest on your crypto (any crypto) holdings that you deposit into your "interest account". 

They just cut out the option to adds funds to your interest account but you still earn interest on the crypto thats in there.  Once you take it out though you can't put it back into the interest account.

I don't know much about staking.  It seems like a hedge against crypto prices falling.  The only thing s is, like Neeranam said, it's locked up for a finite period so if crypto flies like it did last year, you miss out on those gains.  But if you're a HODL'r it might make sense.

Is this a correct understanding?

No, this 1 year period is only for the Maiar exchange as it is a new one. You can stake for 200% and wait a year or 14%, which you can sell any time. 

The 12% for Polkadot on Kraken has no holding period.  Kraken is a US bank and you can also get 2% on USD, 23% for Kava, 18% for Kusama, and many other that also don't have any tied up time. Only 0.25% for Bitcoin. 

The 47% for Solana/Raydium on Raydium exchange is also redeemable any time. 

I use the Crypto.com debit card and get 3% back on all purchases, free first-class airport lounges, free Spotify/Netflix and a few other benefits. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The 12% for Polkadot on Kraken has no holding period.  Kraken is a US bank and you can also get 2% on USD, 23% for Kava, 18% for Kusama, and many other that also don't have any tied up time. Only 0.25% for Bitcoin. 

I just noticed ndax charges 20% fees on staking rewards which essentially cuts the interest to 9%. What are the fees on biance and kraken for staking rewards.

Just now, Pravda said:

I just noticed ndax charges 20% fees on staking rewards which essentially cuts the interest to 9%. What are the fees on biance and kraken for staking rewards.

I haven't noticed any fees on Kraken.  The DOT is automatically restaked. 

There maybe be a small fee on Binance, not large enough for me to notice it. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, heiri007 said:

On another note: Thailand is quite crypto-friendly and one more the more progressive countries in regards to blockchain revolutionizing finance and other sectors.

Why would anyone use banks these days to wire money internationally? New much cheaper and much faster services mostly run on such blockchains, e.g. XRPL. You won't know you're using it, but select digital currencies are for real, solving real problems.

Of course anyone has the right to ignore progress. If you're happy with the meager interest a bank account pays, oh wait, did I mention inflation?

Because my money doesn't drop 30% of its value in a weekend in a bank, all my money is transferred fine now, although I agree blockchains could be of future use, once there is a central bank crypto currency + banks using the technology, but the cryptocurrencies as of now are just Ponzi's, just don't be the last one holding the bag 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Pravda said:

There are many good vdos out there, this was from today. 

Just now, dj230 said:

Because my money doesn't drop 30% of its value in a weekend in a bank, all my money is transferred fine now, although I agree blockchains could be of future use, once there is a central bank crypto currency + banks using the technology, but the cryptocurrencies as of now are just Ponzi's, just don't be the last one holding the bag 

Banks are using cryptocurrencies, you don't know what you are talking about. SCB were using XRP a couple of years ago for cross-border transaction but now using XLM, I think. All banks will have to use it or they will become like Blockbuster.