Opposition targets Test and Go for spreading the virus as government insists on endemic status

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Ms Treechada Srithada, the party’s deputy spokesperson took issue with the fact that foreign travellers were free to travel throughout the kingdom after one day while only being required to return for one night to a hotel for a second test on Day 5 of the scheme.

1. What is the 'test positivity rate'?

2. Are sufficient part of the population being tested, given the prohibitive pricing of PCR test?

3. What is the real concern? growth in virus or collapse of the economy!

• Like 1

so you think 3 tests, 2 nights at quarantine on day 1 and 5 for travellers with a minimum 2 jabs is justified, but refusing 30% of local population their right for a vaccination or forcing 50mln sinovac on them (with large objection, but no choice left) is right on part of thai government?

And now the very same government is refusing medical care to it's own citizens, unless they are feverish over 39C for a minimum 24h or are suffocating with minimum 25 breaths per minute (the normal rate is 6-12 per minute)?

I have also just entered T&G, positive and forced to hospitalise with minor symptoms, now with an outstanding bil 90k, because insurance covered only medical care (almost non existent, because I did not have any medicines or treatments, just temperature and blood pressure taken 3x per day and dr phone call every second day) but not hospital room per se

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pheat123 said:

Yep and get to a bar or restaurant where there are dozens of folks eating and drinking and not wearing masks what kind of arrogant irresponsible people do this ?

pointless wearing masks on the streets stops nothing

That is not the point, its the law and rules and as a foreigner you stick out and its arrogant to not comply with the rules. Only makes it worse for other foreigners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I thought that meant cheapskate. As in "he is only giving us 10,000 baht per month, and he is a rich man. We do not understand why he will not give us more. Please talk to him and ask him for more money". 

It may well do.  I've only heard it on here I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I thought that meant cheapskate. As in "he is only giving us 10,000 baht per month, and he is a rich man. We do not understand why he will not give us more. Please talk to him and ask him for more money". 

Your right it means cheapskate ..   farang bird <deleted>. Comes down to farang without any money.

2 minutes ago, Virt said:

Look at the videos on tube from the last couple of weeks at Bangla road Patong.

Just as many Thais walking around with no face masks as there are foreigners during night time.

I was actually surprised to see so many walking around with no mask.

It was like 50% or so of all the people so i thought they eased the mandatory masks.

I can only say that in Thong lor where i live its mainly foreigners. I hardly see any Thais without a mask. Now i don't come out that much at night so who knows. But during daytime, usually foreigners without masks and Thais with mask. Still the majority of foreigners keeps the mask on. 

I just realized your talking about Phuket. I am talking about Bangkok Thong lor area. 

Edited by robblok
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, UKPaul67 said:

Oh dear, here they go again trying to blame the "farangs", nothing to do with the porous borders ????.

It's the poor tourists getting caught and infected. 

I would like to see the numbers of day 1 infections after a pre flight PCR to day 5 infections ????

let's not forget that this party (PT) is the heir of the Thai Rak Thai party: The Thai love the Thai...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Virt said:

Look at the videos on tube from the last couple of weeks at Bangla road Patong.

Just as many Thais walking around with no face masks as there are foreigners during night time.

I was actually surprised to see so many walking around with no mask.

It was like 50% or so of all the people so i thought they eased the mandatory masks.

Well, I comply with the rules when I'm visible; walking, bike, taxi, etc.  If I step into a bar restaurant though, my mask comes off.  

Does that make me the problem, or the solution?

Edited by DefaultName

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

No. It allows travellers to pick up the virus LOCALLY. Wakey wakey! And here was I thinking someone with some nous would could along to challenge the authority and their over the top requirements, but they go the other way. Shakes head. 

As dense as those in charge are,a sad reminder that there are even stupider people in the background. The "Thai thick gene " abounds ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheScience said:

This virus is now totally irrelevant.

Really?

Johns Hopkins Feb. 15 COVID update:

"Several nations and regions in Asia have experienced increases in new COVID-19 cases following Lunar New Year celebrations held early this month, with governments grappling with how to respond to the Omicron variant that has found its way through strict border controls.

Hong Kong is experiencing a record surge in cases, reporting more than 2,000 new cases on February 14. The outbreak is overwhelming hospitals, forcing schools to remain closed, and necessitating help from China to address what Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam called an “aggravating situation.”

China is continuing to enforce its zero-COVID policy, shutting down entire cities and holding the Beijing Winter Olympics in a strict “closed-loop” bubble that some have criticized as excessive. A paper published last week in the weekly bulletin of the China Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC) estimated that if the global vaccination rate was 95% and population mobility returned to 2019 levels, zero-COVID regions would see more than 234 million new cases in 1 year, including 2 million deaths."

• Haha 1

Update for Thailand:

COVID hospitalizations (real hospitalizations, not hospitels) have more than tripled since the start of the year, and are steadily rising.

Thailand 2022 COVID hospitalizations (regular hospitals):

Jan 4 -- 17,280
Feb. 1 -- 40,590

(Past Week)
Feb 11 -- 55,058
Feb 12 -- 56,099
Feb 13 –- 58,245
Feb 14 –- 60,558
Feb 15 –- 60,303
Feb 16 -- 62,752

Thailand 2022 COVID patients in serious/critical condition:

Jan 4 -- 555
Feb 1 -- 557

(past week)
Feb 11 -- 569
Feb 12 -- 610
Feb 13 -- 641
Feb 14 –- 687
Feb 15 -- 702
Feb 16 -- 699

Source: Thai MoPH daily COVID reports, latest below, with hospitalization data in the blue shaded section:

404286324_2022-02-16THCOVIDStatusReport.jpg.ddb0e1dd6b6cf728c9ce0ce45e5c3159.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/504904401127889

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I wonder how this will affect the expats view of how much better the Pheu Thai is. Seems they have the same racist idea's as the rest. I said it before and will say it again. It does not really matter who is in power in Thailand they are all corrupt and incompetent. 

Now by riding the fear wave and blaming an outside source they want to become bigger. Once they are in power you will see little change as they will take good care of their own pockets.

Besides future forward there are not many parties in Thailand that are "good" they all just want to be in power. Last time I saw the PTP doing exactly the same the current government is doing. Just doing as they please ignoring the press the people and when corruption cases surface they like the current MOB just hide it and make sure that investigations go their way.

The only difference is who gets rich of being in government. Thailand has a long way to go and with people like this fighting for power it wont progress much. 

Yesterday Vietnam opened to international tourists without any restrictions...  Which economy will recover faster and where do you think the foreign tourists will go today?

• Like 2

Good try opposition morons! However, Covid as scaremongering pandemic is over! Good to see that also more and more thai people share the same attitude and are fed up. Everyone who still wants to hide in a cave is free to do as long as they want! BUT let the rest of the reasonable people move on with their lives and reboost the economy.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, yimlitnoy said:

Yesterday Vietnam opened to international tourists without any restrictions...  Which economy will recover faster and where do you think the foreign tourists will go today?

How is Vietnam during July?

Any places where it's not rainy season worth visiting, because it looks like i'm not going to Samui,

if the politicians continue with these restrictions.

• Like 1