Animal Army sterilizes and vaccinates 60 stray dogs over the weekend with help from the local Pattaya community

snoop1130

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I passed sixty dogs on the 2 kilometre round trip to Tops on Kao Noi.  Does sterilising them stop them crapping everywhere; running in and out of traffic; biting people; spreading diseases; disturbing the peace at night?

No ,and it is a Waste of time and money .

They could've spend that money to exterminate  a lot more Soi dogs than 60 and make the place a lot safer .

But hey this is Thailand they know best ,So they think.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sixty..... there are more than that on the road at the bottom of my street some days.

They can come do my neighbours dogs anytime.... cyanide please!

mate i was going to comment the same   its a pi## in the ocean..a cull is needed...

On 2/17/2022 at 8:30 AM, RichardColeman said:

I'd also put 1 year Thailand ban on all the people on here feeding the mutts too or make them responsible for all the hospital bills of every person they bite !

Good idea but many of the dog feeders are Thai as they believe it is a way of making merit and a path to a better afterlife. Deporting them for a year may be a bit extreme though I do believe strongly in an eye for an eye.

Edited by mikebell
extra thoughts.
  • Like 1

I recently spent a week in Pattaya, first visit for close to 3 years. The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the terrible stray dogs situation. Every soi I walked around had packs of the filthy things. During the day when they mainly slept it wasn't so bad, but from sunset on it became terrible. And dogsh*t everywhere. You really have to keep a keen eye out while walking...there must be an incredible number of people who pick up dogsh*t on their shoes and bring it back to their hotels/rooms. Sterilization of bitches helps but it's not enough, they need culling. Every stray dog caught and killed. There's no other solution, Thailand can't run a "rescue dog" plan like they have in Australia and elsewhere, nobody in their right mind, would want to bring one of these filthy dangerous diseased animals into their home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grain said:

I recently spent a week in Pattaya, first visit for close to 3 years. The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the terrible stray dogs situation. Every soi I walked around had packs of the filthy things. During the day when they mainly slept it wasn't so bad, but from sunset on it became terrible. And dogsh*t everywhere. You really have to keep a keen eye out while walking...there must be an incredible number of people who pick up dogsh*t on their shoes and bring it back to their hotels/rooms. Sterilization of bitches helps but it's not enough, they need culling. Every stray dog caught and killed. There's no other solution, Thailand can't run a "rescue dog" plan like they have in Australia and elsewhere, nobody in their right mind, would want to bring one of these filthy dangerous diseased animals into their home.

Estimated to be around 9 million stray dogs in Thailand......absolutley ludicrous situation.......but I would put my shirt on the situation either never changing or only ever getting worse.