Tourism Ministry Sets Targets for Entering Saudi Markets, Attracting Visitors

webfact

Combine this with all the other targeted rich people (Indians and Russians) that will be coming by the millions, there will soon be no space left here. Real estate prices will explode.

And most will for sure also be investing 32 million THB for a work-permit and visa, as they will love it so much.

It’s going to be amazing! Everybody is going to be super rich! 

• Haha 2

When will all this Fake Carp stop … it’s getting boring now and yes you might get a load of Billy no mates visiting but with the hope of temples and hospitals (With money grabbing fakirs) Thailand has Fallen … Live with it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonysilly said:

I guess the Doctors and Hospitals need more money.  These are the reasons why most Arabs come to Thailand.  Def not the Beach , beer and Temples.   

Saudi had some of the best hospitals in the world, when I was there. Money no object. Western doctors and Filipina and Irish nurses.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They don't drink any alcohol or dip into brass.

Just what this regime is looking for, and they don't mind a bit of authoritarianism either. 

Winner winner, Halal chicken dinner. 

Oh they drink when out of the country.  I work there, I know first hand...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

You have probably never been on the causeway to Bahrain on a Thursday night. Rammed solid with Saudis going over for a weekends debauchery.

Too right. And watch them stagger around Manama, incapable of handling the grog..... hilarious. Btw, they've been coming to TH for years, via KL or other s/overs. My staff knew all about Ptya and the now defunct Walking Street. Brace for more rag heads in town, plus the hiso Indians (5 guys sharing a beer with 5 straws). either way, better than the yellow gobbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Have to see how the Thais like their shops and petrol stations being closed down 5 times a day to  go pray.

Are you claiming that prayer time would be instituted in THAILAND? That's obviously not true if so, but if you mean for Thais in Saudi the Thais won't have to go pray. It's just a case of hanging around for a while during prayer time. However, they may have to work behind closed doors. We didn't stop working in the hospital just because of prayer time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dade7812 said:

Oh they drink when out of the country.  I work there, I know first hand...

I flew back from Bahrain to Riyadh sitting next to an extremely drunk Saudi. I also went on a tour to Hofuf that had an inebriated Saudi tour guide, but it was extremely unusual to see a drunk Saudi in country.

I see from the headline that once again it's all about how much they will generate from an estimated number of tourists, and nothing to do with providing a destination that will attract visitors.

IMO Thailand attracted western visitors based on the recollections of those that visited in the 1980s and 90s. From the start of this century, IMO the country has deteriorated significantly as a worthwhile destination. Had I first visited this century, I doubt I'd have repeated the experience. I only went to Sri Lanka once in the 90s and never again- just wasn't worth it IMO.

• Thanks 1