Minister signals a move to resurrect a national internet gateway and stronger online controls

webfact

We had all better keep our wits about us. I can see major problems with money transfers if this control by consent, that is consent of the government, goes ahead. I don't think any of us would like the idea of a snooping dip.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, connda said:

Nothing a VPN can't circumnavigate unless they plan on shutting down port 443 at which point they shut down virtually all Internet traffic to the rest of the world. 

Funny that you say that.

I heard on another source that part of this scary plan if enacted would be to shut down use of VPNs.

My understanding is that has been done in China with some success on top of making use of VPNs.

Many expats need to use VPNs to logon to their financial accounts especially Americans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Nothing a VPN can't circumnavigate unless they plan on shutting down port 443 at which point they shut down virtually all Internet traffic to the rest of the world. 

These matters shouldn't be of much concern, as they've never seem to know what they're doing [technical aspect] nor how to configure such projects. 

Lot of talk and rhetoric.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rott said:

What a cheap and nasty, snidey piece of work you obviously are. 

I respect your opinion, but I am bloody glad to be out of the shambles that is the Disunited Kingdom.

When Covid was at its worst I was frontline. I was dealing with hardcore criminals and mental health patients unleashed on society in a halfway house. For minium wage or a couple of pence extra.

Women who had been sexually exploited by their own families and sold on to others.

No, I don't think I am cheap, snidey or nasty at all.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

I respect your opinion, but I am bloody glad to be out of the shambles that is the Disunited Kingdom.

When Covid was at its worst I was frontline. I was dealing with hardcore criminals and mental health patients unleashed on society in a halfway house. For minium wage or a couple of pence extra.

Women who had been sexually exploited by their own families and sold on to others.

Totally off topic and what you speak of happens anywhere. Comparing Britain to a totalitarian state lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baboon said:

I took your post to be a broad anti - British swipe. 

Which it largely was. Boris is not solely responsible for the conditions you mention and they are not peculiar to the UK. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baboon said:

what you describe is in no way unique to the UK, in fact what you describe is the authorities trying to do something about a problem in society that many countries would ignore

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 9:19 AM, webfact said:

The move is coming at a time when support for the government has hit a low ebb with a poll published last weekend showing that 77% have lost confidence in the coalition

Is he trying to get the numbers up to 99.99% ?

• Haha 1