55-year-old man blames wet road after crashing his trailer truck in Sri Racha

webfact

CNBNesISYrZd6ZjY_145035-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Chamnan Jaieua / Jaru Suksri / Top News

By Goong Nang(GN)

Sri Racha – A 55-year-old-man blamed the wet road and not his driving abilities after he slid his trailer truck off the road and into a forested area yesterday afternoon.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident yesterday (February 21st) on the Marp Eang – Laem Chabang Road in Nong Kham sub-ditrict.

First responders arrived at the scene to find a white trailer truck half off the road into a forested area. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/22/55-year-old-man-blames-wet-road-after-crashing-his-trailer-truck-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-23

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Road construction in Thailand is very second rate, in wet conditions they fail to drain evenly, road markings disappear and potholing occurs. Often the camber is insufficient and worst of all the surfaces are substandard.

it looks like this road is old unresurfaced concrete.

you can argue that thedriver should have known this, but I'm guessing most people reading this article didn't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sri Racha police declined to file any legal charges in the accident as no property or people were injured, other than the driver’s pride perhaps

Police not filing charges, it just encourages this bad driving behavior. 

'Driver's pride', he'll just laugh it off and it'll happen again, next time killing someone. 

These drivers need to spend a year driving Sydney roads, the cops would tear their license up and ban them from driving for 5 years.

This is laughable.Police not issuing a ticket. ????

Geeze, I wish the police force would get proper training and do their job properly. 

They seem to be wearing some sort of goggles when I'm riding my PCX, just focusing on my driving behavior not the Thais breaking the law, turning a blind eye. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, harada said:

Having done a few heavy vehicle driving courses over the years the one thing they all stressed was to exercise extreme caution in adverse conditions (wet roads). And having the container over the back of the trailer on this configuration would make things even worse.

I've never driven a big vehicle but thanks for confirming what simple physics will tell you - that having a big weight at the end of the trailer is a no-no.

I cant tell if it is a tractor trailer truck, The fifth wheel is abstracted my foliage, but is if is , the truck is improperly loaded, especially for wet conditions, The container should had been loaded further forward. transferring some of the weight to the fifth wheel., or the hitch if that's how it is configured.

As it is , there is no wait  other than the engine on the fifth wheel. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Treacherous....  someone really should be done about these roads that keep getting wet..

Its about time Thailand put covers over all of these roads to protect these skilful drivers who get caught out by such uncovered highways. :whistling:

Ah, that explains why I encounter rural roads partially blocked with drying rice at harvest time. It's all for public safety!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Sri Racha – A 55-year-old-man blamed the wet road and not his driving abilities after he slid his trailer truck off the road and into a forested area yesterday afternoon.

Damned wet road... nothing wrong with my driving skills.

• Like 1

Maybe the drivers need to look at their own behavior.  Instead of so many excuses. 
That is a major issue it seems.  People deny accountability for their actions.  Not only driving,  but other situations.  It’s always the fault of something or someone else. 

• Like 1

Hey old man, you are right not your driving skills but your lack of mental critical thinking!  Driver education nor anyone around you ever told you to slow down when it rains this is the stage when the road is slippery due to water and oil mixing.

It really is as simple as someone pointing out " adjust your driving to the condition at hand " in this case RAIN!  Sadly the police themselves would just pad you on the back are you O.K.  nothing will be said as to why it happen because criticism isn't part of the game just you being ok is so the next time you will do it again as he has been doing his whole driving life from motorbike to the tracker trailer today his luck ran out of course no his physical skills.????

Whether semi-truck, pick-up truck, car, suv, motorcycle or bicycle there is always a safe speed to drive/ride depending on the road surface conditions and other traffic. This dimwit was clearly driving too fast to retain control of his vehicle under the conditions. Only himself to blame. But as usual these idiots never see themselves as in the wrong and subsequently never learn.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thunglom said:

it looks like this road is old unresurfaced concrete.

Yes, it's concrete and looks quite "polished".

Sure a surface that needs caution when wet.

On the other hand: it's a very busy highway #4 and how many flew off the road yesterday?

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

so what was the wet road's answer?

... Thai wet road of course pointed to the road department, blaming them to build road in a place where could rain...????

Edited by mran66

7 hours ago, harada said:

Having done a few heavy vehicle driving courses over the years the one thing they all stressed was to exercise extreme caution in adverse conditions (wet roads). And having the container over the back of the trailer on this configuration would make things even worse.

I would like to see the conditions of the tyres. Probably “smooth as silk”.

2 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Maybe the drivers need to look at their own behavior.  Instead of so many excuses. 
That is a major issue it seems.  People deny accountability for their actions.  Not only driving,  but other situations.  It’s always the fault of something or someone else. 

You will find that is general behavior here.... always some excuse or the fault of another... or 'I mugged him and attacked him with an axe because I needed money to buy milk for my baby! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harada said:

Also check his tires out, who knows there might be some tread on them?

• Like 1