Opinion: Don’t go down the path of vaccine mandates, rather show anti-vaxxers for who they really are

webfact

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Obviously I consult a doctor for advice when I encounter a new problem and am looking for ideas.

But in Thailand when they give me antibiotics to fight a viral infection it does make me go hmmmmmmmm .............

And when they want every person in the world vaccinated when there are almost ZERO consequences for the unvaccinated under 50 years old, it also makes me wonder just a little.

All these worldwide precautions for a virus so dangerous/deadly that most people need a test to know they've got it ....... it's all just a little odd to me.

Of course there ARE consequences for unvaccinateds under 50, at best, they can infect many others, some becoming superspreaders.

The unvaccinated under-50 types are keeping the pandemic alive.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Just now, TooMuchTime said:

Correct.  Other people have had more than enough time to take their own precautions.  If they didn't take any COVID injections, they made that choice.  If they did, they are protected, right?.  Free choice is a beautiful thing.

Ignorance must be bliss.

Omicron is sufficiently infectious that an older vaccinated person can still be infected by an unvaccinated superspreader. 

Omicron is also sufficiently infectious that you may find yourself in line for a Herman Cain Award. Thousands of people who thought they could beat Covid have now received their HCA.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

No, I'm vaccinated, I foolishly believed the lies that vaccination would let me regain my personal freedoms. But here I am, still having to wear a mask, social distance, take tests to fly, buy insurance I don't need, kids at home.

Fool me once ..............

That's because you live in Thailand and can't say anything because you live in a conformist society. The government lies, hides the numbers because they know what an international embarrassment it would be to their international medical destination hub if the truth came out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

No better feeling than being able to make my own health decisions based off my risk profile.

But you expect others to give up that right to decision making so they can protect you in the event of a crisis.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Are you suggesting the doctors and nurses aren't vaccinated?

Or the vaccinations didn't work?

Or the doctors and nurses aren't masked and social distancing?

Okay, it’s your night for stupid questions.

The greater the exposure to the virus, the greater the chance of infection. Those who are vaccinated are less likely to be vaccinated, but they are still at risk.

And yes, there are still deadender doctors and nurses who don’t vaccinate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Are you suggesting the doctors and nurses aren't vaccinated?

Or the vaccinations didn't work?

Or the doctors and nurses aren't masked and social distancing?

Typical totally ignore the burden on the hospitals and the consequences of it and focus on the already known fact that Omicron has high vaccine evasion capabilities. Even though being fully vaxxed helps stop you getting infected it is not 100% but it is better than not being vaxxed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, userabcd said:

Its been almost over 2 years now of covid 19 and over 1 year of vaccinating people.

1st it was 2 doses then 3 doses now it seems 4 doses of vaccine with never ending booster shots.

The virus is continually morphing and it still seems it is around and not going anywhere even within high vacconated populations.

Time to give everyone their freedom back and if govts are concerned they should provide more hospitals and more medical personnel to cover all illnesses for their citizens.

And then the virus morphs again into a variant that is both more lethal and more infectious.

Build more hospitals and create more doctors is not a viable solution. 

Just now, userabcd said:

Of course more doctors and hospitals are viable, govts are unlimited with the power and money and control they have and rules they could make, govts should stop warmongering and rather direct that money to other areas which would benefit their citizens.

….or people could vaccinate. Easy choice.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The vaccinated are far less likely to be infected, and when infected, have a much shorter infectious period.

vaccination saves lives.

I can agree with those 2 statements.  I know the risk of beng unvax'd & accept that.

Why can't you accept my choice, as it affects you in no way what so ever.  I carry the same risk of infected you, as a vaccinated person.  We both can get & transmit.

If everyone was vaccinated, then only vaccated people would be getting & transmitting the virus.  Not seeing any difference, you would stll be at risk.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1