Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I saw that maybe they thought the victims would go back to the office and give there position away,  who knows a cowardly act anyhow. 

If that is a concern of Russian soldiers they should be hiding from all civilians.

14 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If Russia are firing missiles into Ukraine from within Russian territory or refueling tanks and trucks from fuel stores in Russian territory then they not only become legitimate targets but they are compelled to attack them in self defense.

There would be a reason why Ukraine has held back on full on attacks on Russian territory, to date such attacks have been very limited. Perhaps there are secret conditions applied to the supply of miltary assets to the Ukraine. At this stage Russia has not declared war, if they do so I imagine the war fighting will intensify.

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:12 PM, coolcarer said:

Putin’s so called Special Operation has seriously backfired. It’s a pity the news on Finlands decision to join NATO was not before the 9th May, I would have loved to have seen him explain to the Russian people that due to his own actions NATO has now expanded its border with Russia by 1,300 kilometers.

Well done Putin, Finland would never have done it without you. Next Sweden.

Spanner in the works.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/13/erdogan-says-turkey-opposed-to-finland-sweden-nato-membership

Even larger spanner in the works for Putins invasion

Exclusive: Putin's Captured War Plans Show His Ukraine Ambitions Shrinking

U.S. intelligence now believes, based partly in a reading of new captured war plans and documents, that despite earlier statements, Russia has now backed away from any grand plan to take all of southern Ukraine.

Despite some slow progress by Russian troops in the northern Donbas area, everything else is stalled, the official says. "Even when Russian reinforcements do arrive, they are coming in piecemeal, in units of 600-700 soldiers that have been cobbled together, in odd conglomerations of forces with no real relationship to their higher headquarters, and with little fighting spirit. 

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-putins-captured-war-plans-show-his-ukraine-ambitions-shrinking-1706539

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Ah Turkey, they are doing a wonderful job of sending their Bayraktar drones to Ukraine, they are causing devastation to the Russian military, so much so that Russia has been complaining……..lol

I’m sure those first reports of Erdogans reservations will be clarified in the coming days, does not affect in anyway the disastrous performance of Putin’s war. I understand that apologists are clinging to straws, getting nervous and looking for any distraction that deflects the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

Ukraine war: Military intelligence chief 'optimistic' of Russian defeat saying war 'will be over by end of year'

Major General Kyrylo Budanov spoke exclusively to Sky News and predicted the war will reach a turning point in August. He correctly predicted when Russia would invade earlier this year.

Russia's tactics have not changed despite its shift to the east he says, and Russia is suffering huge losses though he would not be drawn on Ukrainian casualties.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-military-intelligence-chief-optimistic-of-russian-defeat-saying-war-will-be-over-by-end-of-year-12612320

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Might does not make right.

It's also pleasing to know that Lithuania doesn't have useful idiots for Putin like Rand Paul in its own government.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are lots of people like Rand Paul a Patriot.

Why should US government give more than other countries.

They have there excuse not to help Ukraine other than supplying so just keep using Ukraine as cannon fodder to wear Russia down along with all the sanctions and just wait and see Russian decemate itself without us having to get involved in war. 

Not a bad idea if you don't give a dam. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Only my obsevation from reports like the Russians take mobiles and there was one on France 24 where a Russian tank was passing a house and all the people from the house ran inside, for no reason they blew the house to pieces with people inside.

I think they don't care about just killing civilians because civilians will give there position away. 

They do not care, they feel justified to kill indiscriminately, fed BS by the top brass, justifying the invasion

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Thailand coming up a bit short, $60,000 of aid, poorer countries giving much more

I see the Vatican managed to send two cardinals to provide “material and spiritual support”....... 

Edited by CatCage
  • Haha 2

Potential problem, regarding new NATO admissions:

"If Turkey opposes the admission of Finland and Sweden to NATO, as President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan indicated Friday he would do, his country would deliver a massive win to Russian President Vladimir Putin."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/turkey-poised-to-deliver-a-massive-win-to-putin-on-nato-expansion/ar-AAXf6e7?li=BBnbfcL