Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, Mike_Hunt said:

I reject this narrative.  Putin wants the USSR back. 

Perhaps more like he wants a mythical Russian empire back but similar threat to the world.

1 minute ago, jvs said:

Some reports are saying

What reports?

I hope and wish it to be true but posts like your are meaningless without verifiable sources!

They are just poor clickbait otherwise!

• Agree 2

Does anyone understand why Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden administration, and during the Biden-Harris administration, but did not invade during the Trump-Pence administration?

It seems like it would have been a lot easier if Putin had his puppet Trump in the Whitehouse. 

Anyone? 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Ask why Trump met putin off record!?

Maybe the answer lays in a deal made behind closed doors? 

Trump started with making uncertainty about Nato, he stayed off Crimea and the border crises between  Ukraine and  russias Putins backyard? 

Ask why Putin and Trump had a personal meeting off record! Unbelievable if you ask me, cant understand how the president of USA could do that and no Maga ask questions about it.

Did you not understand the question? Does anyone understand why Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden administration, and during the Biden-Harris administration, but did not invade during the Trump-Pence administration?

It seems like it would have been a lot easier if Putin had his puppet Trump in the Whitehouse. 

No idea huh? I thought not. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Did you not understand the question? Does anyone understand why Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden administration, and during the Biden-Harris administration, but did not invade during the Trump-Pence administration?

Maybe Obama and Biden had more interest in Ukraine Than Trump? 

Thats what I tried to imply.

World politics where one move leads to another, 

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Some reading for you

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Ukraine_scandal

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Maybe Obama and Biden had more interest in Ukraine Than Trump? 

Thats what I tried to imply.

World politics where one move leads to another, 

That's why Obama refused to sell Ukraine weapons, Trump sold Ukraine weapons, and Biden canceled the arms sales to Ukrain when he got into office, got it. 

And what did Biden say when Putin had forces on the boarder, and he was asked what he would do in Putin invaded? Remember? 

And remember Obama on a hot-mike promising Putin to be flexible on missile defense if Putin would give him some space until after the election?

You guys crack me up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's why Obama refused to sell Ukraine weapons, Trump sold Ukraine weapons, and Biden canceled the arms sales to Ukrain when he got into office, got it. 

And what did Biden say when Putin had forces on the boarder, and he was asked what he would do in Putin invaded? Remember? 

And remember Obama on a hot-mike promising Putin to be flexible on missile defense if Putin would give him some space until after the election?

You guys crack me up. 

I see no credible links

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Why bother? You are so full of yourself (fox news)

That's what I though, you pretend you can't be bothered, but you are not actually able to think for yourself. 

Typical. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

To what? Is there anything I've said that you think is not true? 

Why Obama did not  prioritized high tech weapons to Ukraine, because of corruption and the risk of handing technology to the russians. 

So, 

23 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I see no credible links

HMKP-116-JU00-20191211-SD994.pdf (congress.gov)

White House freezes Ukraine military package that includes lethal weapons - POLITICO

Friday File: Obama’s Open Mic Gaffe | Council on Foreign Relations (cfr.org)

So again, 

Does anyone understand why Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden administration, and during the Biden-Harris administration, but did not invade during the Trump-Pence administration?

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You can't formulate your own argument, so you call me names, typical. 

What is your primary language anyway? 

Yank on this...

I was not the one starting out aggressive, look back on your posts

Yank is short for Yankee if you did not know. 

Cia was afraid of the internal problems in Ukraine, and advised Obama to not send high tech weapons. If you remember the boarders had private rebellion armies fighting russians.

This is just a weak excuse after Trumps scandal denying aid and now the republicans halted the weapon deliveries in congress. 

F political deleted bull pie politics

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And yet, somehow this exculpatory knowledge is available only to Russians and the useful idiots who so loyally support them.  It's almost as if Russia hadn't invaded it's neighbors over and over again before this latest invasion.  The wonderful part of it is simps like you would hate living in the world that Russia is trying to create, and would if they could.

If a poster is unable to write without including insults, it usually indicates that they don't have much to contribute of any importance, and can be disregarded.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

I was not the one starting out aggressive, look back on your posts

This is how I started out: 

Anyone? 

Yank is short for Yankee if you did not know. 

What you said was big-mouthed yank, so if I called you a big-mouthed mountain-monkey it would not be name calling. 

Cia was afraid of the internal problems in Ukraine, and advised Obama to not send high tech weapons. If you remember the boarders had private rebellion armies fighting russians.

Denied all lethal aid, not just high-tech. Which had nothing to do with my question. 

HMKP-116-JU00-20191211-SD994.pdf (congress.gov)

This is just a weak excuse after Trumps scandal denying aid and now the republicans halted the weapon deliveries in congress. 

You mean Trump delaying the weapons for a few weeks that that Obama refused to give to Ukraine, and the weapons that were going to Ukraine that Biben cancelled. That aid? 

F political deleted bull pie politics

Again, Putin invaded Ukraine during the Obama-Biden administration, and during the Biden-Harris administration, but did not invade during the Trump-Pence administration. 

Why did Putin not invade during the Trump administration? 

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

US hits China with sweeping sanctions over support for Russia’s war in Ukraine

https://au.yahoo.com/news/us-hits-china-sweeping-sanctions-062147624.html

Seems like the Us is becoming a one trick pony with its endless sanctions on everyone. I wonder about the efficacy of such moves. If a company can make more money selling to Russia than to the Us, today, tomorrow and into the foreseeable future, the sanctions are totally useless. It also creates more negative sentiment around the world and could lead to retaliatory measures from the countries affected. In a fight between USA vs ROW, my money is on the latter.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

David Cameron has backed Ukrainian strikes against targets inside Russia using British-supplied weapons.

And predictably he will act all surprised and outraged if/when Russia targets British-supplied weapons whilst they are still in Britain. :shock1:

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1