TT Exchange Russian Ruble = 0.0 baht

Banana7

Just now, EricTh said:

So what does that mean? That Russians in Thailand can't exchange their money to baht in Thailand?

It means you'll have to find other money changers to change rubles into baht. TT has many exchange booths but there are only a few competitors in Pattaya.

Maybe try a bank exchange booth. Some exchange houses in Bangkok are still accepting rubles, but maybe not for long.

Edited by Banana7

10 minutes ago, stigar said:

And today TAT admit that the problems about russia WILL impact the tourism.

Must be those Russian oligarch's  not being able to get enough dollars or having no access anymore to their western bank accounts for buying dollars or others for their  rubbles... to buy those 10 millions baht condos visas ????

• Like 2

According to a report on 103FM the Ukranian currency is not being accepted at exchanges too. 

I imagine that many visitors from both those countries are stocked up with US Dollars or Euros. I would reckon there is plenty of gold stashed in safety deposit boxes here for such an event as well.

Some richer Russians have passports from EU countries; Cypriot ones are very popular and easily available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

So what does that mean? That Russians in Thailand can't exchange their money to baht in Thailand?

Russia banks have been removed from using main foreign currencies  thus no trading into USD/EUR/Pound/NZD/AUSD and so many more, if there are exchange booth buying Rubble they are taking a huge risk as they may have to sit on them for quite (long) sometime....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, champers said:

According to a report on 103FM the Ukranian currency is not being accepted at exchanges too. 

I imagine that many visitors from both those countries are stocked up with US Dollars or Euros. I would reckon there is plenty of gold stashed in safety deposit boxes here for such an event as well.

Some richer Russians have passports from EU countries; Cypriot ones are very popular and easily available.

Yeah I doubt most of the Russian tourists coming to Thailand at the moment arrived with Rubles and came stocked up with USD or Euros instead as you said.

But another thing to worry about is the flight plans /route that airlines take from and to Thailand , as i see now already because that plane shot down before above disputed area years ago above Ukraine by Russian separatists  they diverted  ...to Russia , but now with those sanctions must expect not allowed that airspace ....(possible) ... , but a bit farther you see the airspace from that other creep Lukashenko from Belarus  ...."Putins buddy ".... so the flight plans need to be changed again ....

i hope so as in a few months i need to fly home , and by home i do not mean "God's Paradise " ????

Screenshot_20220225-141720.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

It means you'll have to find other money changers to change rubles into baht. TT has many exchange booths but there are only a few competitors in Pattaya.

Maybe try a bank exchange booth. Some exchange houses in Bangkok are still accepting rubles, but maybe not for long.

I'm not Russian so you're targeting the wrong person. I am just worried for the Russian tourists who are already in Thailand who are not involved in what their government is doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

The passports includes names , and names are used for persons who are on  restricted persons lists or blocked bank accounts lists i guess

Although you are somewhat right, we have a cheat called "transliteration" - many russian letters could be written in multiple ways, giving a lot of possibilities to change passports back and forth.

Lets take a random name - "Евгений Конюхов", it could be transliterated as:

- Evgeniy Konyuhov

- Evgeniy Koniuhov

- Evgeniy Koniukhov

- Evgeniy Konyuhoff

. . .

- Evgenii ...

- Eugeniy ...

- Eugene . . .

. . .

And people are allowed to choose whichever transliteration they prefer, just tell that you've lost your old passport and get a new one.

Also Russian citizens are allowed to have 2 different passports with different numbers at the same time, totally legal ????

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, petermik said:

Their government is not worried about their citizens abroad so why should anyone else?

If your government did the same thing, would you not be in the same situation? It's called compassion which transcends national boundaries.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2