TT Exchange Russian Ruble = 0.0 baht

Banana7

34 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

So sad that the Ukraine and Russian citizens are hurt big time due to a traumatized mad man.

That's that one thing that we should keep in mind. That people don't equate governments. Maybe they voted them in, maybe they didn't, but just because governments do something, it doesn't mean people support that. Expecting that when governments do something, people will somehow get together and topple them is also seriously unrealistic. Politicians make decisions. People pay the price. That's about as far as the involvement of people goes.

Whether people support what governments are doing or not is in large part a result of "marketing campaigns" through the media. In the past, before internet, states had basically complete control of information dissemination, except bordering regions where signal from neighbouring countries could be received (not accounting for that led to toppling of president of Romania). Banning satellite dishes was the way to fight foreign news sources in the past, cutting off the internet and filtering it is the way to do that now. I think no second guesses are needed for why Thailand believes "National Internet Gateway" is a must for "National Security".

I think we all need to realise that all news organisations have their own agenda. Checking out opposing sides of the argument and making our own decision on what we'd believe and in what proportion from each of them, is a must to know what's going on, yet most people believe propaganda of a single source and accept it as absolute truth. Governments the World over would be in serious trouble if majority of people embraced critical thinking based on multiple conflicting inputs. Would be... as all they need to do right now is split people in 2 roughly same sized sides, turn them against each other, and they can do anything without fear of uprising.

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Getting serious now.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Finally the biggest sanction has been imposed, Russia has been kicked out of the Eurovision song contest

That's nothing - just read news of my hometown (of about 20k inhabitants in middle of nowhere in Europe) freezing collaboration of their Russian/Soviet friendship town of 50+ yrs somewhere near Urals due to this - this is serious s**t.

Ovetshkin still not condemning his buddy Putin though, wonder how the Ice Hockey fans in Washington thinking.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fdsa said:

unfortunately about 70% russians support Putin and thus support the war. Propaganda does wonders.

And yes, Russian passport was a "red flag" for several years already but now it's going to be seen as an anthrax envelope.

It is far from 70% supporting him , and of that number even much less are in support for the war . You do know that any critical voice in Russia is handled in a "gentle" manner very fast for the last few years .

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, stigar said:

According to news they will be removed from SWIFT.

what news is predicting this, can you provide link/s? i have seen no reports of international consensus on banning russia from SWIFT, too many countries putting self interest first, for now.

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

what news is predicting this, can you provide link/s? i have seen no reports of international consensus on banning russia from SWIFT, too many countries putting self interest first, for now.

Germany and Italy has approved this morning cut off Russia ,now only Cypros and Hungaria need approve then its going to happen.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, it is what it is said:

Some Russian banks have been banned from Swift, but I have not seen a general ban. 

This is from Tinkoff Bank, Russia's 2nd largest credit card issuer. I would guess any russians in Thai hotels might be asked in the morning to square their bills and put down additional deposit if they plan to stay more days.

Rubble (sic)-Euro:  164

Rubble-USD:  153.75

On Friday the ruble-dollar rate was 85.  Now it's 153.75

Of course this is Sunday, Moscow time, with think markets, so Monday opening could be different. (It also is way off the Euro-USD crossrate, so something seems amiss)

• Like 2