Thai citizens apply to join the fight in Ukraine

webfact

I am sure many will travel to fight but whether they can handle the harsh reality of partisan fighting against a merciless enemy. While western Countries may take mercenaries Prisoners Russia's history is that it does not

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meechai said:

Then again "Thais with military experience" may have been part of that overthrow problem...so again hilarious in this context

I've always wondered why Thailand would conscript and then train it's underclass in warfare. Then I saw all the recruits mowing grass and washing cars and such; being tempted  or teased by Admiral/General household ladies.  If I was in charge it'd be a volunteer only force. Keep that military experience in check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

As a war baby myself, I often remind myself that, without what the Russians did at Stalingrad and afterwards, I (in fact, most people on this platform) would be either doing the Sieg Heil salute these last 75 years or being part of the Resistance in our home countries against the Nazi conquerors.

That being said, Putin does not have to actually invade the whole country to more or less get what he wants- -- namely, guarantees (treaty?) from Nato that the latter will not drag Ukraine into Nato.

Nazi's has to be neutralized. Otherwise they will be the basis on which it will start all over again in a few decades.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1