Thai citizens apply to join the fight in Ukraine

webfact

13 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Does it really matter?  Does it really matter?  Its a war.     Its not a geography game.    They will get a task, they will do their best. Thats how army works.  Do you think they will be given a map and compass and be instructed to take out Putin?    

They are standing up for democracy, something they cant easily do here. Hats off to any of them that proceed. 

Im guessing you have a great grasp of the surroundings, when you heading there? 

Nothing to do with democracy, which can only be raised by political education, conscious organised action and not by gun barrel (which contradicts thinking and rational solution to problem, including diplomatic once in case of an international conflict). 

any war is antidemocratic, order given by a leader to kill the others, thinking, looking different. 

nothing as spanish international volunteers corp, who were ideologically motivated, nothing as those thai mercenaries, brainless, unconscious killing machines, guns for hire, assassins, for whom only money matters and they dont have a clue about the country, conflict, politics 

Edited by internationalism
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, meechai said:

This is pretty hilarious when you consider they sat still while a Military Junta overthrew its own Thai government....Then again "Thais with military experience" may have been part of that overthrow problem...so again hilarious in this context

What a ridiculous comment.

• Like 1

A) If you actually can make it  into Ukraine then you are pretty much "At Your Own Risk".  Doubt the Urkainian Goverment will ask if you medical insurance?  Even if you have insurance "War Zone" exclusion will probably apply

B) One would have to fly themselves to Poland, Hungary, or Romania and then find ground transportation to the Ukraine border

C) if one actually can get into Ukraine and then get into combat does anyone really believe NATO(it actually stands for NO ACTION TALK ONLY) will medically evacuate you???

The ideal type of foreign fighters to assist Ukraine would be PMC;s (Private Military Companies). I have worked in the past for a couple of these organizations and believe some are probably ramping up right now?  Yes, Blackwater has rebranded several times and are still in business.  Keep in mind names like Dyn Corp, Constellis and see if certain foreign forces in Ukraine who are well equipped with western weapons(AR-15's etc) and equipment (Armored Vehicles) are observed to be operating.   

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced photo and off-topic comment removed
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 5:16 AM, Henk Langeweg said:

Of course not. I am a peaceful man. Besides that, I like Russia (they liberated us from the Nazi's during WW II)...

Well it seems like you and Trump should be leading  the way in to Ukraine , Peaceful Facist hmmmm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

‘I did not join Ukraine as a Thai national, but as a human being’: former airman volunteers to fight Russian invasion

When Chanapong arrived yesterday morning at Ukraine’s Bangkok embassy on Wireless Road, he carried a passport and proof of his military experience. He told its staff that he was there to enlist to help Ukraine’s army fight off Russian invaders. 

“I want the Ukrainian people to know that they are not alone,” he said in an interview last night, identifying himself only by his first name. “If they ask for help, I’m willing to answer.”

In Thailand, the Ukrainian Embassy in Bangkok has publicized an email address for those who want to enlist. 

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/i-did-not-join-ukraine-as-a-thai-national-but-as-a-human-being-former-airman-volunteers-to-fight-russian-invasion/

Just one question: What Royal Thai Air Force solder want tol do in the Ukraine when there is not an intact aerodrome and aircraft?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are going from all over the world to help including the UK

An army can only be defeated by another army. "Rambo" here can not help because it is not a movie. Russian has experience with soldiers of fortune in the Syria. He has little chance of surviving.

17 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Really?? Fighting for Ukraine?? Why dont they fight in their own country against illegal occupation by military?? I guess they did in 2010 when Junta deployed snipers on it's own people. 

Likely to mainly be for the FB selfie's they'll get.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

If my country was invaded I would just leave and not fight unless people's safety were at risk while fleeing. It's not worth it for me to fight for a country and it's easier to just move.

If you watch the youtube channel for Johnny FD you will see that just yesterday he and another youtuber bald and bankrupt caught the train from Kyiv to Poland to escape.  The train was packed with mostly young 20-30 something men and women.  Millenians and Z gen have no chance to buy property, so why the <deleted> would they hang around.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Nazi's has to be neutralized. Otherwise they will be the basis on which it will start all over again in a few decades.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, go over to Russia or the Ukraine and volunteer to fight the nasty Ukrainian's?

You could exterminate all those Ukrainian neo Nasties.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

If you watch the youtube channel for Johnny FD you will see that just yesterday he and another youtuber bald and bankrupt caught the train from Kyiv to Poland to escape.  The train was packed with mostly young 20-30 something men and women.  Millenians and Z gen have no chance to buy property, so why the <deleted> would they hang around.

I subscribe to 'bald and bankrupt', genuine guy who makes some interesting videos. I suspect the video you refer to is this one.... Leaving Kyiv On A Refugee Train

That is a lie about the train packed with mostly young 20-30, looked like mothers and children to me.

2 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Just one question: What Royal Thai Air Force solder want tol do in the Ukraine when there is not an intact aerodrome and aircraft?

Funnily enough when I served with the Royal Air Force every year we had rifle practice and exercises that we took part in. If all the aircraft were destroyed, we,were then deployed as local defence troops.

Were you ever in the military?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

At least they are doing something to help instead of sitting on their butts...

What will you do to help the Ukraine?

Burma is a lot closer, neighbors actually. Why not go there? The gov't is shooting people in the head left and center.

At least that way you benefit a lot more as it cleans up what's right around you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, go over to Russia or the Ukraine and volunteer to fight the nasty Ukrainian's?

You could exterminate all those Ukrainian neo Nasties.

Nazi's in UKr, not all UKr's. *sigh*

• Haha 1

There is a Facebook group move out of Thailand, or something like that. Many are disgusted with the current government, the current law 112 and see no hope that Thailand will get a decent government who promotes freedom of speech, democracy and justice for all. For many Thai, going to an operational theater of war is better than having a life in Thailand.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

There is a Facebook group move out of Thailand, or something like that. Many are disgusted with the current government, the current law 112 and see no hope that Thailand will get a decent government who promotes freedom of speech, democracy and justice for all. For many Thai, going to an operational theater of war is better than having a life in Thailand.

I dont think in war torn country there is much space for freedom of speech, democracy and justice, for which they strove. That until they join peace corp - but that is volunteering, no payment

• Like 1