Russian embassy warns outsiders not to volunteer to fight in Ukraine

webfact

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

This ia a bit strong! 

You have been brainwashed by the US/UK media. 

Personally, I don't condone Russia's action but slightly understand it. 

Before I went to sleep, my wife said to me: This Russia is such a bad country, If Ukraine wants to join Nato, it is their business and freedom, Russia has no right to intervene, this is just an excuse for Russia to invade Ukarine.

So I said nothing, I just went to the kitchen and took a knife to bedside, then I said: Let’s go to sleep.

My wife looked at me with her wide eyes: What the heck are you doing, sleeping with a knife?!?!

I said: No worry, let’s go to sleep. Beside, sleeping with a knife is none of your business and it is my freedom.

My wife said: How can I sleep when you are sleeping with a knife? What if you accidentally cut me?

I said: Well, You don’t even trust your own husband, how can you expect Russia to trust Ukraine? Me sleeping with a knife is like Ukraine joining the Nato.

Not quite the right analogy, NATO is a defensive pact, it’s more you going to sleep in a bulletproof vest or stab vest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Not quite the right analogy, NATO is a defensive pact, it’s more you going to sleep in a bulletproof vest or stab vest.

except it has 'defensively' gotten involved in things like Iraq.  and can defensively start deploying all sorts of missiles very close to Moscow if it's allowed to sprawl.  NATO should have been ended at the same time the Warsaw Pact was ended.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:45 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Putin in pure desperation mode

While his Embassies around the world warn people not to go and fight in Russia they recruit Syrians to come and help their illegal invasion:

Russia Recruiting Syrians for Urban Combat in Ukraine, U.S. Officials Say

Moscow is looking for help from foreign fighters to take cities including Kyiv

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-recruiting-syrians-for-urban-combat-in-ukraine-u-s-officials-say-11646606234

was going to write the same comment but you beat me to it, well done

On 3/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Should Ukraine fall...

On the news the other day, one UK military expert was estimating that Russia would have to maintain an occupation force of several hundred thousand troops in Ukraine on an ongoing basis in order to maintain control of the country.

I wonder if the Russian military is really up for that prospect?

As I understand it they only left Afghanistan because Gorbachev became leader.  IMO it depends on many factors that may not be obvious at present.

Besides, they may not want to control the entire country. I doubt Putin is sharing his objectives on social media.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Russian Govt like salesmen now. They have to know that less than 1% of people anywhere are  going to believe anything they say. They lie like breathing and cannot possibly believe that any rational person is even listening post- invasion.

Do they care?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 5:00 AM, Kinnock said:

I think it's tragic that every despot dictator always manages to find people to carry out their wishes.  Beating up protesters, torture, invading another country.  

Russia, Myanmar, North Korea, China - no shortage of evil little Minions to carry out their orders.

Agree, No dictator ever succeeded by himself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do they care?

Well obviously not. Just doing what they’re told re. govt. propaganda.

But that’s not the point. Nobody cares what they care about. Puppets  of gangsters & thugs who rule Russia or part of that. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 8:36 AM, wwest5829 said:

While making no apology for my unlimited condemnation of Russia invading Ukraine, I do want to thank the Russian citizens who are demonstrating their condemnation of Putin's decision to invade Ukraine. Both the Ukrainian citizens fighting for their country and Russians in Russia fighting against this wrongful action should gain our recognition.

Russian citizens are being threatened with 15 years in jail for protesting against the war. I imagine that might be a huge deterrent.

• Sad 1

On 3/7/2022 at 1:27 PM, DaveE13 said:

I saw that too. A few kicks to the face too. Cowards 

Let's not be too one eyed here. Protesters against the Vietnam war were treated just as harshly in the US.

• Like 2

Putin's mafia clan lied to everyone. Lies his own population with ever new lies. At first it was just a special mission against the Ukrainian Nazis. It's just a pity that the right-wing got less than 2% of the votes in the last election and aren't even represented in the parliament of Ukraine. Then he lied to his own soldiers that the whole thing was just an exercise. In truth, it is a war of conquest of the entire Ukraine. Anyone in Russia who publicly opposes the war against the so-called brother people is going to prison for 15 years. Then the perpetrator Putin becomes the victim. NATO is to blame. Although many of the Eastern European states have been NATO members since 1999 and 2004. Against this background, Putin's pseudo-argument that NATO would then stand on the Russian border in the event of Ukrainian membership is completely absurd. Then the war is now being justified with the existence of biological laboratories, except that no Antrax is being produced there, but medical research is being carried out on vaccines, etc., just like in any other country. Putin is afraid of his own people. When a bit of democracy flares up and the population asks how such a small KGB officer could become the richest man in the world and why all his 300 mafia friends are billionaires. Putin has shut down and blocked all critical media in his own country. But sooner or later,  the truth will come out and then his own people will eliminate him. With this war Putin and his mafia clan bring only misery to the people of Ukraine, Russia and to the people across Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Defensive pact? They are the main responsibles of how this crisis was created. NATO has one single purpose: make sure that Russia is perceived as a threat. Or how could they justify all their expensive directors and generals and weapons and military bases.

In fact, NATO should be dismantled. EU should have their own european army, without being joined at the hip with the US. But this will not be allowed.

Russia was part of NATO until they invaded Crimea