CCSA says major meeting this Friday will discuss legal reopening of bars and nightlife, mask mandates, Test and Go, Songkran

webfact

I had to check the date April 1st.?

Certainly this is the right step but I wonder will the possibility of allowing clubs to open just be the perfect excuse to shut them all down if there is an outbreak during and after Songkran. Timing is there any wonder China has an outbreak right after the O event? 

Don't getting me wrong I'm not against opening I will be the first to swap split when they do! ????

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Very little point in having one without the other. 

Not dropping the immigration nonsense = no genuine mass tourism.

Not opening all bars, restaurants, clubs = no genuine mass tourism.

Dropping the immigration nonsense and opening up = relatively upwards tourism.

Simple maths equation in my book, but the TAT and others are incredibly bad with numbers and calculators

Yes, any problem they have with figures not being up to requirements usually means just adding 2 or 3 zeros - simples!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Sounds encouraging , France has lifted mandates, Hungary, many following, it's all over rover, but there are a few slug countries out there including mine, NZ.

Yes life in Thailand bests Auckland hands down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love to see the mask mandate dropped, or at least out doors.

Comical to see the dirty looks Thai's give you when unmasked outdoors - several metres from anyone - as they continue their day double masked.

In some related good news the BA and Virgin Atlantic have dropped mask on-board requirements where not a legal requirements for inbound airlines, not the best airline, but if it applies to BA BKK-LHR route then they will be getting my business

Edited by mnomad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

One of the main stumbling blocks to attracting more tourists is this testing on arrival nonsense. People are not going to travel with a Covid free result, only to arrive in the destination country and possibly get a "false positive" test result, and then get whisked off to a hospital or hotel, (which is at great expense to themselves) for the greater part of their holiday - I know of at least half a dozen cases to which this applies.

There were a few reports of something like this happening some months ago, but I have not heard any more recently. While it may be a concern, is it really a reality, or simple fear mongering? You know of 6 or so personally? 

• Like 2