Plans underway for no-mask requirement in Thailand’s public parks

webfact

They should leave it up to people's common sense. Just look at Jomtien Beach, a cynic  might think that a lot of selfish people are refusing to wear masks, But in fact if you look a bit deeper then you'll see that many, if not most, older, frailer people are indeed wearing masks as they realise that they're seriously at risk from the virus. Meanwhile, younger, healthy people who would brush a dose of Omicron off like a cold mostly don't bother, unless they're with older friends or family members. I think people, Thai and foreigner, understand the risks they face by now and can be trusted to behave suitably and sensibly when they're out for a stroll.

• Thanks 1

>Meanwhile, younger, healthy people who would brush a dose of Omicron off like a cold mostly don't bother

Possibly amount farangs. Take a look at many Bangkok parks and you'll see perfectly healthy, young, fit, Thais all masked, many double masked, whilst brisk walking or jogging in the open air with plenty of social distance by virtue of not being busy, the fear is strong here and ingrained by the looks I receive not wearing a mask (in responsible settings), I can't see it changing in the next few weeks..  Btw, police and park security aren't enforcing masks currently in any of the big bkk parks

Edited by mnomad

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I am still looking for a public park in Pattaya

I live 150km pass Chiang Mai and I haven't found one either. What do they look like? It's great that we can take off our mask when we find a park. I'll keep looking there must be one out there somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, mnomad said:

>Meanwhile, younger, healthy people who would brush a dose of Omicron off like a cold mostly don't bother

Possibly amount farangs. Take a look at many Bangkok parks and you'll see perfectly healthy, young, fit, Thais all masked, many double masked, whilst brisk walking or jogging in the open air with plenty of social distance by virtue of not being busy, the fear is strong here and ingrained by the looks I receive not wearing a mask (in responsible settings), I can't see it changing in the next few weeks..  Btw, police and park security aren't enforcing masks currently in any of the big bkk parks

Not sure what park you go to but i go to Lumpini, Benjakitti and next to know one is wearing a mask, young or old.

8 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Not sure what park you go to but i go to Lumpini, Benjakitti and next to know one is wearing a mask, young or old.

Just the opposite of what I see in those same parks. You must go at a different time then we do.  

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just the opposite of what I see in those same parks. You must go at a different time then we do.  

Must do, i go early around 5am, and in the week there are not that many around at that time, especially the new park.

20 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Talking about those moving rather than sat on the grass - strolling, walking, jogging - most Thai, taking a guess at say 85%, are masked in the evening - Benjakitti. I'd say it's 50/50 with farangs. In the new instagram sponsored section I'd say its 95%+ mask compliance for Thais, possibly 90% of farangs too. Can't speak for 5am in any part

Edited by mnomad

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Good luck enforcing that nonsense, what are they going to do, test everyone not wearing a mask then fine them. or will people have to wear a Covid positive sticker on their forehead. Once again, a load of drivel from an incompetent department. Just simply scrap mask wearing....period.

Nah they will have them put in the town squares in the stocks and have there foreheads branded with the Scarlet Letter C

The Scarlet C of Coronavirus Testing - The Mental Health Doctor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alyx said:

It is my understanding that wearing the mask is not compulsory outside unless, of course, some Governor has decided otherwise.

I jog every day (not in the parks) maskless , and never been stopped, since I read that it had never been a law or regulation to wear them

Me too, and I pass by a police station everyday without mask...no problem at all. I wear only when I go to 7/11

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Now there are alot of infections and the deathtoll is rising... So why now hurry and drop everything?? start with normal life with a mask and in the coming  months less masks everywhere and everyone is happy.. But there will always people who want to hurry things, but as you said yourself babysteps. as a baby you could not walk and run after the first day you could stand on your legs...

The mask is ridiculous 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alyx said:
4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I am still looking for a public park in Pattaya

1 hour ago, alyx said:

Jomtien beach is a public park, isnt'it ? ????

I've just googled 'public park in Pattaya'  and it came up with three!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've just googled 'public park in Pattaya'  and it came up with three!

Pratimnak hill has a big public park, I think there's actually 2 up there and a new one opened in Jomtien. 

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Has anyone here been fined for not wearing one?

I never wear one when walking in the park on the road and never had any bother. 

Well Prayut was but then that was more of a publicity stunt now wasn't it...

Being required to mask up outdoors, in all but the most crowded environment, is simply panic mongering, science denial, and foolishness. And asking people to wear a mask at home, in their cars, on their motorbikes, or bicycles, (and other extreme nonsense like asking a married coupler to mask up during sex!) is sheer insanity, and nothing more than an attempt to keep the public whipped up into a frenzy.

After all, what happens when the panic stops, and Covid is gone? A nightmare for this toxic administration, as 98% of the population will be able to again express their displeasure with the dinosaurs. Let us hope indeed their days are limited. Nearly 8 years of sabotage, economic destruction, fake purification, homogenization of culture, decimation of nightlife, and tourism, has come at an extremely high price. 

1ad5a745d3ee50c77ee280e2082f216f.jpg

1200x800.jpg

• Like 1