Overall negative reaction to Thai Covid-19 center meeting, majority of business owners, tourists want much further and faster easing of restrictions

webfact

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Most airlines do not require pre-flight testing. Please name one.

Airlines actually want people to fly. The airlines use the rules of country of destination and country of 

transit.

Required Testing before Air Travel to the US

Required for all air passengers two years of age or older boarding a flight from a foreign country to the United States

Updated Jan. 27, 2022
If a country requires pre flight testing, the Airlines will check your test results before they let you board the Aircraft, that is my understanding. 

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why is eliminating pre-flight test, something that could save a family over $USD 1000 dollars "a joke"? 

Since the USA uses USD, where  in USA does it cost $1000 for a family to get tested? . Everywhere seems to be free with or without insurance. I was tested March 9 ( PCR ) for free. My Thai friends ( two of them ) were tested a month before for free before returning to Thailand at a drive up CVS. So many places are free in the USA. 

Edited by alex8912

2 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Most airlines require PCR testing prior to departure, so passengers wont escape pre-travel testing.

So ideally, they should have lifted hotel stay upon arrival, if they were trying to be helpflu.

When I came here from NZ in December I had to meet the requirements of my transit countries as well. Australia and Singapore made it difficult and expensive to get here. The airline enforced that,  not the arrival immigration.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

The myth of the airplane fining Covid to you is just that. A MYTH. Watch now as airline by airline will drop this foolish practice as are what won't happen!  The air is continuously changed and very safe. Much better than any restaurant. Stop believing what sheep believe in. 

No one knows with any great certainty how safe, or otherwise, you might be from contracting covid on a flight.

For every article suggesting it is safe there is another suggesting it isn't.....BAA

24 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Well said.  Neofeudalism, as you call it, is the root cause behind most of the problems here.  For example, why is the road accident problem here never addressed.  Answer: just look at who the major shareholders are in the hospital and medical care sectors.

I can see the merit in the 'neofeudalism' concept as explained but I am not convinced by your argument on this specific issue. Given the general socio-economic mix in Thailand, by definition, most of these traffic victims are motorbike drivers/passengers or middle class/working class car drivers, who will highly likely go to government hospitals. 

I see it rather as another aspect of the 'neofeudalism' social contract, the higher ups should not overly harass the working class so as to cause unrest.

This combined with the usual laissez-faire mindset...

37 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Because it exposes your family to an airplane full of of potential untested covid carriers. The cost for your family ,once in Thailand, could rise to thoudands of dollars. Thats why.

This is a map of AeroMexico non-stop service from European cities plus Istanbul to Mexico City. So everyone on those flights per Mexico entry regs is neither required to be vaccinated at all nor have a PCR test prior to flight.

aeromex nonstop EU.png

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why is eliminating pre-flight test, something that could save a family over $USD 1000 dollars "a joke"? 

It isn't just so many who post here are clueless, also the time involved to organize the test and getting info back.

Edited by moe666

What a lot of people here do not get is government officials are covering their asses from law suits down the road for not doing enough to protect the citizens of Thailand. That is what many are worried about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They know full well mass protests will recommence as soon as restrictions are lifted. 

Mass protests have zero effect, as we clearly saw before the restrictions were put in place. The protesters flash their phone lights and the police show up with water cannons.

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Most airlines do not require pre-flight testing. Please name one.

Airlines actually want people to fly. The airlines use the rules of country of destination and country of 

transit.

Qatar, EK, JAL, these are demanding PCR withing 48-72 hours of departure